• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Phoenix Custom Rifles work pics and reviews

Hey everyone. Sorry for my absence on the Hide the last month or so. Been busy getting PCR caught up!

We're only 3-4 months wait right now on builds. So if you have all your parts it will be done in about 3.5 months. If you have to wait for a stock, it will be done about a month after the stock is.

Thanks a bunch

Just wanted to say thanks to Brad and Keith at PCR. What a great job they did on my custom build. With just preliminary loads the rifle is already shooting well under moa. Couldn't be happier, definitely will be sending any future work to them.

6.5x47 Lapua
Surgeon 591/R small pin w/tactical knob
AICS 2.0 chassis
Bartlein 26" Barrel 6.5mm 8 twist M40 contour
Badger Ordnance FTE Brake
CG Extreme Tactical Trigger
Surgeon buttplate
Near Alphamount

Skins Cerakoted by Branden over at Custom Gun Coatings

Attachments

• IMG_1431.jpg
    IMG_1431.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1432.jpg
    IMG_1432.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 34
Thanks a lot for the business. We greatly appreciate it!

I have a bunch of pictures stock-piled form the last month or two that I haven't posted. I'll be posting them all within a day or two.

Thanks everyone for your continued support.

We've gotten new machines, and gotten very efficient around here. We've got our methods and procedures down. We're looking at about a 6 week wait on builds right now if the customer has all the parts already. Minus a barrel, recoil lug, trigger, scope rail, etc... something we supply.

We have some flat top Mcmillan stocks coming in later this summer. And we have a couple Manners stock in right now. With these stocks in house we can get builds out in the amount of time it takes to order an action. Defiance actions take about 10 weeks right now.

Barreled action orders with no stock we get done in about one month right now.

Our website has been edited with new pictures and information. We have more parts in house than ever before.

Our goal is to make your rifle buying experience as pleasant, simple, and satisfying as possible. 2-3 month build times, Sub-Half MOA accuracy guarantee, and all the best parts in house ready to build with.

223 I just built myself...

6.5Creedmoor in a Folding T4A...

Crazy Dgitial camo job...

Last edited:
All caught up on bolt work.

3 day turn around on bolt work

2 month build time for complete rifles as long as all parts can be obtained within 6 weeks.

We have many barrels, scope rails, triggers, muzzle brake, etc in stock. We will soon have a bunch of Mcmillan A5s too.

We have a remy short action in stock and have both a 308 sized bolt for it and a 233 bolt for it.

We have new lathes and equipment and have made our procedures more efficient. We're extremely happy with our quality, customer service, and turn around times right now.

Give us a call. Have a new, sub- half MOA rifle built within 2 months!

Kieth/Brad, how much for a quote? Im pricing out my next project, and honestly, there's no one else I would trust with it.

Finished today and ready to ship.

Thanks for looking!

Winchester M70
Manners T4A OD green
bedded with pillars w/ devcon 10110 w/ 2" pad
Bartlein 7mm, 5R, M24, 8.4tw, ss barrel
chambered in 280 Rem @ 26"
PCR varminter knob
PCR thread cap
5/8X24 APA little bastard brake
CDI single stack bottom metal
alpha mag.
OD green, armour black cerakote

Defiance Machine Deviant receiver
AICS 1.5 chassis
Bartlein 338, 5R, AMU, 9.3tw, ss barrel
chambered in .338 Lapua magnum @ 28"
5/8X24 badger Thruster brake
armour black cerakote

I owe these guys lunch. I just dropped by their place and they helped me out of a bind with a trigger that was not working in my manners minichassis. Then to top it off he helps me to open up my barrel channel. Some seriously great service! Thanks!

Its our pleasure.

We are caught up on knob installs.

Riflebuilds take 1-3 months. Very hard to say with build times this short because we're waiting on a lot of parts for builds. Once certain parts come in, the coresponding rifle has to be started. So orders placed right now with all their parts, may be started on in as little as one month. Or we might not be able to start for 2 or 3 months.

Thanks a lot.

Keith and Brad Johns.

Kieth, does every action you spin off look that bad? I mean that just looks like corrosion galore...i hope some of the custom actions/ barrels look better...

All untouched Remingtons look like that. Its mostly just glue and gunk. Not as bad as it looks. And they clean up nice.

All aftermarket actions(Defiance, Surgeon, Stiller, Etc.) look new when you get them.

Pic of a Bighorn action build. Bighorn actions are sweet....

First Carbon Fiber barrel build. Went perfectly...

5/8x24 thread tenon for suppressor. This is a 5/8x24 3A GO gauge screwed onto it to check thread size. It's NOT a die. Threads are cut single point of course, and checked with thread gauges.

Thanks for viewing

Last edited:
PCR Build,
260 Rem.
Action-Surgeon 591r
Surgeon bottom metal, AI mag
Barrel-Bartlein 1:8, 26"
Timney straight shoe trigger (modified by Keith to fit in trigger guard)
Stock-Manners T4A
Cerakote camo pattern by Brad (Brad you figured out what I couldn't describe, you must have ESPN;) or something)
Can't say enough about my experience working with PCR through this build, Keith, Brad, you guys NAILED IT!
Thanks, Todd

Just got the scope mounted.

Dog in the picture, explains the dirt in the pool

5 shots, 100yds. HSM Factory 123gr. Scenar. I think the flyer was cold, clean bore if i remember correctly.

Same as above, aiming at thick line grid below group.

Load development.

Just a photo

PCR Build,
260 Rem
Surgeon 591R
Surgeon bottom metal, AI Mag
Timney straight shoe trigger (modified by Keith to fit trigger guard)
Bartlein M24, 1:8 Barrel, 26", Threaded w/ thread protector
Manners T4A stock
Cerakote camo done by Brad (well done Brad, you read my mind, you must have ESPN;) or something)
Can't say enough about PCR. They were great to deal with during this build.
Keith, Brad, you guys Nailed It!
If I missed anything, feel free.
Thanks, Todd

Just got the scope on.

Dog in the picture explains the dirt in the pool.

5 shot group, Flyer was cold, clean bore. Factory HSM 123gr. Scenar.

Another 5 shot group.

Load development.

Just another pic.

Posted this in the other thread. Keith just finished this TAC338 build/cerakote for me. Specs are in my signature. Only 18 rounds down the tube so far, but random loads of retumbo/300 otm's produced these groups, .22" and.28", back to back.
a4ezemaz.jpg
u2y7age5.jpg
7ehygybe.jpg
u4evapa8.jpg
ehube8e6.jpg

Arrgh. Looking at this thread really makes me want to send in my rifle now! Spoke to Keith on the phone a couple weeks ago. Really personable and down to earth. Plenty of helpful suggestions. He's definetly getting my business. The pics in this thread make me look forward to it.

I get to add a little sweetness here in the next week. I feel like I'm 8 and Santa sent a letter saying he'd be at my house at some point in the next week...

Here's a couple hunting rifles going out this weekend.

280 Remington all metals coated in Sniper Grey
True M700
PT&G .250" recoil lug
factory Xmark Trigger
Brux 9 tw #5 ss barrel @ 24"
McMillan htg Grey Speckletone
Bed with pillars Devcon 10110
PT&G steel bottom metal

Thanks for looking and for keeping us busy!

6.5 Creedmoor all metals coated in Armour Black
True M700
Factory bottom metal
Shilen Trigger
PT&G .250" recoil lug
Brux 8tw #5 ss barrel @ 24"
McMillan Monte Carlo stock Devcon 10110 bed with pillars from tang to forend tip. Barrel was free floated with mil tape. (stock came to us with an M40 barrel channel inlet)
Stock coated in Coyote Tan, FDE and Armour Black 3 color PCR camo

Last edited:
Twins!

These are identical twins that we built for a good friend. Left handed 7mm-08's for his young boys Sean and Dallin to hunt Coues deer here in Arizona.

True M700's
Brux 9tw $5 ss barrels @ 24"
Manners EH2 stocks
Rifles coated in OD Green and Armour Black Cerakote
Factory bottom metal
Timney triggers
PCR shroud mod. and bolt handle 8-40 screw
personalized etching

Brad,Keith
My boys cant wait for the rifles. there already fighting about whose rifle is going to be a better shooter. hopefully they will shoot in the .1's and .2's like my 7 Mag you built.

Amazing work boys! Hope to bring my rifle by your shop one day for a rebuild!

Sent from my Motorola dynatac 8000x

I just picked up a Remington 700 they worked, smooth as butter.... The Shilen barrel installed in .260 Remington was top notch!

When my Defiance .338 Lapua action and related parts get in, I will be in touch. Thank again Brad and Keith.

I just picked up a Remington 700 they worked, smooth as butter.... The Shilen barrel installed in .260 Remington was top notch!

When my Defiance .338 Lapua action and related parts get in, I will be in touch. Thank again Brad and Keith.

Awesome! FWIW, the 338 they built for me is a 1/4 minute gun...

PCR/XLR/TAC338 http://i813.photobucket.com/albums/zz53/bodywerks/IMG_20130816_111453_255_zps1b498f0d.jpg http://i813.photobucket.com/albums/zz53/bodywerks/IMG_20130816_111325_951_zps290ebdd0.jpg

Hey guys

Sorry for the absence online. Been busy keeping wait times down.

Bolt knob installs are $70 for Remingtons, and $100 for all others.

Turn around time is about 3 days.

Rifle builds are 2-3 months.

We just got some flat top Mcmillans in. We can inlet "ready to paint" stocks no problem. Bedding and paint is required afterward though.

We are stocking A5s and HTGs to start. Adding A4s to the next order. Along with many more A5s and HTG.

Our hours are 9-3 Monday through Saturday. Shop visits by appointment only.

Check out our website. We're half way done with putting new pictures and info up.

Thanks!

My first post! You did the bolt knob on my old Rem. 721 and it came out great! I'm glad you called me and suggested a different knob then the one I had picked. I see why you did, it's perfect.DSCF0129 (640x480).jpg

John in NM.

This ones getting picked up today.

Defiance Rebel action
Krieger varmint contour 7.5 tw barrel @ 27" chambered in .243 Ackley Improved
Hollands brake
McMillan A3 stock
Bedded with pillars with Devcon 10110
OD Green Cerakote with Armour Black high lights
PT&G Stealth detachable magazine system

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Awesome .260 Remington Build, Thanks PCR...

Below are a few pics from my recent .260 Remington build from PCR. They did a great job!

These are the first shots through the rifle (pic 1)..... Load: 42.0g IMR 4350, 2.223" to ogive, Lapua brass, 140 Berger VLD Match Hunter = 2850fps

Pictures say a thousand words. The first pic is BEFORE the developed load. Second, is the final load (same load 2.210" to ogive is the only difference) The second load is 5 rounds!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 24
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Full rifle builds are about 3 months out right now.

Misc. work is under 3 weeks.

Bolt knobs are 3 day turn around.

Prices have changed.

Check out our site.

Thanks everyone! We're staying busy to keep wait times down and quality up! No time off anytime soon for us and we love it!

Here's a 6.5 Creedmoor hunting rifle for a local gal.

Trued SA M700 receiver and bolt
McMillan Edge BDL, black speckletone
PT&G tactical steel hinged floor plate
Brux 8tw, #5, ss, 6 flute barrel @ 24" plus brake
Badger Thruster brake 5/8X24
Armour Black H series Cerakote
Bedded w/ pillars in Devcon 10110
.250 PT&G surface ground recoil lug
Timney 2.5# trigger
3 ring PCR Phoenix knob
PCR shroud mod.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
I have to give credit where it is due...my PCR hunting build is hands down the most accurate rifle I have ever owned. I just finished (no pics, sorry) shooting a 5 shot group in the .1s. Keith, well done!

P.S.
This is with new Lapua brass. I'm expecting even better (not sure how that's possible) with the fire-formed stuff.