• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Phoenix Custom Rifles work pics and reviews

We have started using larger/stronger studs whenever possible. All of the newer Remingtons have a thick enough handle. So do Savages, Winchesters/FNs, and Im pretty sure Howas will too.

The only bolt we cant do in the new, larger stud size is the old Rem700s and 721s. The old ones have a thinner handle just before the knob.

Our standard size stud never really failed us, but this size is better.

We're caught up on bolt work. 2 or 3 day turn around on knob installs.

Thanks.

Here's a few pic's of PCR bedding with pillars and Devcon 10110 steel putty and a 5/16" carbon fiber rod cross bolt.

No we just started doing them. And many stocks dont need them because they still have the fiberglass bridge. But any Mcmillan stocks we get in that have the bridge removed, and have a molded in finish, we can do it to. Its something we're playing with and still perfecting. Seems like a definite improvement and we will be trying to do it whenever possible.

No we just started doing them. And many stocks dont need them because they still have the fiberglass bridge. But any Mcmillan stocks we get in that have the bridge removed, and have a molded in finish, we can do it to. Its something we're playing with and still perfecting. Seems like a definite improvement and we will be trying to do it whenever possible.
OK - we'll talk more when when the McM stock for my Rem is ready in Jan. Hopefully you'll have the technique perfected by then.:cool:

Last pic is my Savage LA...I know because it's fluted from Dixon and I had requested it to be in the white. I cannot wait to get it back. Always fast turn around and great quality.

Thanks for the bolt work everyone.
We're fully caught up on bolt work and miscellaneous work!

We can get bolt work done in 2 days.
Bedding jobs done in 4 days.
And misc. machining like brake installs or stock work done in under one week.

Give us a call!

Here's another 7 mag that we just finished. The 2 rifles in the background are my 7 mag and .243 with the same components.

McMillan htg, integral cheek in GAP camo
True m700
PT&G .250 recoil lug
Brux 9tw, SS #5 barrel @ 24"
PT&G tactical steel hinged floor plate
Armour Black and FDE Cerakote

The loaded ammo is Win brass, 168 berger hunting vld .015" from lands and 65 gr RL22. This load has been giving s tremendous groups at 100 n our 7 mag rifles and dead on at long range. I shot my little Coues deer at 740 yds with this load and it hammered him. He didn't take a step.

Thanks for looking!

As some of you know we are doing our best to keep flat-top Mcmillan stocks in house and ready for sale. We're stocking HTGs, A4s, and A5s. The final price from us will end up being roughly 5% higher than Mcmillans retail, plus a bedding job. If we have a stock you want, it will take about one month to get it inlet'd, painted and bedded.
Here are some pics...

Imbedded aluminum crossbolt in a McMillan Varmint stock for a 300 RUM build.

3a2493f311cf583104756f0c6122535c.jpg

01be40495cc2f18133762f4cdb237d58.jpg

032a5e4965619cdd0e5820c13515235b.jpg

5121493a7a0c39e120d3d90b20d50806.jpg

Remington long action
Trued
Bolt shroud mod with a screw
Badger bolt knob
Extra thick recoil lug
Rock barrel in remington varmint contour finished at 28" plus badger brake threaded 5/8x24
Chambered in 280 ackley
McMillan varminter stock barrel channel opened from sporter contour to a remington varmint with extra long cylinder
Webbing reinforcement added to stock
PTG tactical BDL bottom metal
All metal ceracote Armour black

PTG standard BDL metal next to PTG tactical BDL metal
23a92b1863fddc85239e433624f52821.jpg

Last edited:
Our build time has pushed to about 3 months. We're aiming for 2.
We've gotten very busy over the last two months but we are catching up and doing great.

We sold out of Mcmillan stocks quickly, and ordered more.
Barrels, and all components other than receivers, we keep in stock pretty readily.
Check out our website for general pricing and info.
Phone hours are between 9am and 3pm.

Thank you everyone for your continued support!

Here's a quick pic of some Cerakote work on a PCR .260 Rem that we just finished.

All metals "H" series ODGreen
Stock camo is ODGreen, FDE and Armour black "C" series

Here's a quick pic of some Cerakote work on a PCR .260 Rem that we just finished.

All metals "H" series ODGreen
Stock camo is ODGreen, FDE and Armour black "C" series

Brad and keith,

Took this out today for the first time. The first five shot group was .4 MOA using factory Remington ammunition. I'm looking forward to working up load to see if I can squeeze that last bit of accuracy out of it.

Fit and finish are perfect. You guys knocked this build out of the park.

Thanks.

Thanks. We've been focusing on the shop and staying ahead. I'll try to post some rifle pictures soon.

Here's a few pictures showing how we Cerakote rifles with tight tolerance receivers. This is a 7 Rem Mag built on a Defiance Deviant. We use bake proof tape to cover the receiver raceway in the areas that contact the bolt body. This gives us the ability to coat the bolt body without having it hang up when cycling.

Last edited:
Our bolt knob installs are taking about 3 days.

Full rifle builds are under 3 months.

We've been getting a lot of barreled action orders done in only 1 month.

Misc work like brake installs and bedding jobs is taking 1-2 weeks.

Here are some pics....

My bolt arrived at the Phoenix Custom Rifles shop on Monday, got home from work on Thursday and it was on my doorstep. I had the Varminter model installed and it is exactly what I was hoping for, bolt manipulation is much easier and faster, the Cerakote matches my rifle perfectly and the size and shape of the knob is perfect. I recommend Phoenix Custom Rifles to everyone who is considering getting bolt work done.

Thank you very much Keith!

I had a bolt done a couple months ago and it looks great. Hopefully soon I will be ordering a full build.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Here's a 300WSM built for a local hunter. He'll be picking it up this weekend and starting load development for his fall hunts.

True M700
Brux #5 with shallow flutes @ 26"
McMillan A3 molded in marble pattern 50% OD Green, 25% medium tan, 25% black, 1" Decel. pad, 2 flush cups, 2 studs
PT&G tactical steel bottom
PCR Phoenix 3 groove knob
Bed with pillars and Devcon 10110
OD Green Cerakote with Armour Black highlights
Near 20MOA scope rail
Jewel HVR trigger @ 2.5#

Hello everyone, we've been busy at work getting caught up and stocking up on top quality parts.

-We are looking at less than one month build times for complete builds. Some builds being placed within the next week could be done in as little as one week from the time of arrival.
-Misc. work will take 2-7 days.
-Bolt knob installs are 1-3 days as usual.

We are now accepting Visa and Mastercard.

Here are some of the parts we have in stock and ready for purchase:

*Defiance Deviant short action .308 bolt face, Right hand, AW mag cut, swept handle, Ready to rock.
*Mcmillan A5 with Adjustable cheek piece. Can be inlet'd for any Rem700(short or long, left or right hand). We have many more Mcmillan flat tops arriving soon. A5s, A4s, and HTGs. Some adjustable, some not.
*Bartlein, Brux, Rock creek, and Krieger Stainless Match barrels in the fastest common twist rates, in both M24 and Rem Varmint contour, in every caliber. We also have a few #5s and #4s.
*Pretty much any Detachable Box Magazine system you want is in stock.
*Badger Thruster muzzle brakes, FTE brakes in every size, APA brakes(Lil Jimmy and both Bastards)

We stock the parts we see people use the most, and that work the best.

Call us for a build and be shooting it within a month!

And another "Ready to Ship" rifle just finished up.
Look for it in the For Sale section soon.

300 Win Mag, 25.5" barrel, Thruster brake
Mcmillan A5 stock with adjustable cheek, 1 front stud, and 4 flush cups
Trued Rem700 action with knob installed
FDE Cerakote all around, with black accents
Badger M5 DBM system with 5 round magazine
X-mark trigger re-sprung and adjusted to 2.5lbs

$3400... look in For Sale section for more detailed specs on the rifle.

Last edited:
Hello everyone, we've been busy at work getting caught up and stocking up on top quality parts.

-We are looking at less than one month build times for complete builds. Some builds being placed within the next week could be done in as little as one week from the time of arrival.
-Misc. work will take 2-7 days.
-Bolt knob installs are 1-3 days as usual.

We are now accepting Visa and Mastercard.

Here are some of the parts we have in stock and ready for purchase:

*Defiance Deviant short action .308 bolt face, Right hand, AW mag cut, swept handle, Ready to rock.
*Mcmillan A5 with Adjustable cheek piece. Can be inlet'd for any Rem700(short or long, left or right hand). We have many more Mcmillan flat tops arriving soon. A5s, A4s, and HTGs. Some adjustable, some not.
*Bartlein, Brux, Rock creek, and Krieger Stainless Match barrels in the fastest common twist rates, in both M24 and Rem Varmint contour, in every caliber. We also have a few #5s and #4s.
*Pretty much any Detachable Box Magazine system you want is in stock.
*Badger Thruster muzzle brakes, FTE brakes in every size, APA brakes(Lil Jimmy and both Bastards)

We stock the parts we see people use the most, and that work the best.

Call us for a build and be shooting it within a month!
Keith, you got a PM

HEADS UP....

We are no longer going to supply actions. None. We will instead direct people to one of a couple different places we're aware of to buy actions ready to ship, or with little wait.

Mcmillan stocks are in and ready for sale.
They're flat tops and can be inlet'd for any Rem700 action, short or long.
We have HTGs, A4s, and A5s. Some with adjustable LOP, some with Adjustable cheek, some solid.

We offer several paint choices from one color to 4 color camo.

Here's one done yesterday...

Here's a little teaser pic Keith sent me of my rifle!

It shipped out today and I know it's going to be a long few days wait! Keith and Brad have kept me in the loop on everything to do with this bad boy. They have answered every phone call and question I had. It only took a couple months to complete with the parts I furnished and we all know that is amazing! I will post more pics and shooting results when it arrives! I know where my future work will be going for the foreseeable future! thanks guys

^I saw your rifle when I was in there the other day; it's badass, you're going to love it!^

Brad and Keith knocked out a couple of small items on my rifle the other day, and like always the work was done really well and with a quick turnaround.

I've got all the parts for a 6.5 creedmore hunter build at their shop now, just waiting for my turn in line. Can't wait to see it all finished up.

Thanks everyone for the support and business! We're staying caught up, keeping whole build times under 6 weeks.

We should be looking at about a 1 week wait on miscellaneous work like bedding and muzzle work.
Full rifle builds should be about 6 weeks as long as we dont have to wait on parts.
Bolt knob installs are 2-4 days as usual.

We have Mcmillan stocks in. All are flat tops, ready to be inlet'd for any 1.350" round bottom action(Rem700, Stiller, Surgeon, Defiance, etc.)
There are A5s, A4s and A1s of all types to chose from. Every stock comes with a solid color, OR a 3 color Camo job similar to whats posted above.
The final price of a Mcmillan stock from us will be about the same as retail from Mcmillan, but you have to also purchase a bed job from us. A fair rule considering Mcmillans stocks should be bedded anyways. Youre only looking at about 1 month wait on stocks.
If you want a Mcmillan stock we have, you can have it bedded to your rifle and DONE within one month.

Thanks everyone!
Remember, call us. We don't spend much time online anymore.

Thanks again