• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Pic request: Nightforce 2.5-10x on low mag

FishingFool

Private
Minuteman
Apr 30, 2011
NOLA
Indecision is tearing me up on scope choice. Does anyone have a thru scope pic of their nightforce 2.5-10 on LOW MAGNIFICATION? Preferably with the mil dot reticle and velocity reticle.

Thanks

Re: Pic request: Nightforce 2.5-10x on low mag

Thanks. My google-fu skills are weak. The reticle looks thin. How well can you pick it up on low magnification and targets in the shadows? Depending on the time of day the area where I shoot will have lots of shadows due to the abundance of trees.

I shoot under similar conditions, my compact has the NPR2 in it. The pictures of the mil-dot reticle are very close to how the NPR2 appears and I've never had an issue in daylight picking up the reticle without the illumination.

I also shoot it at night without NV and it works fine there. I've shot it with a PVS22 adn PVS14 as well and have not had trouble with it using the illum. settings built into the scope.

I have the NPR2 and on 2.5 it is fine during the day. I have hubted with it on overcastdays both out on the open sage and in the northside timber of the Rockies with zero problems.

Have not needed the illumination at all during legal shooting light.

good to know. I was also looking at the velocity reticle 600 ret but am confused on how you would do ranging calculations with such a reticle.

FishingFool, are you going to make the night shoot Saturday? I'll be there with my 2.5-10, you should be able to wait that long.
Also, have you got your shotshell caddys back from Gordo, if not I can bring them

Fishingfool,taken in my kitchen a few minutes ago, a NF 2.5-10x24, scope was set at 2.5x, reticle is sharp and easily seen
reticle001.jpg

And I love illumination, by the way I think its a good example of the quality of NF glass
reticle002.jpg

I've only ever had one problem with mine. When I first got it I left the stupid polarized lens covers in place and walked from bright sunlight into dense forest. Of course I jumped 5-6 elk a moment later but could not see them through the scope. I ditched the covers and have been gtg ever since in the same conditions...or worse. Took a running mule deer doe through the base of her skull @ 80-90 yards under heavy cover in a snowstorm and had no trouble getting a sight picture with the mil-dot reticle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FishingFool</div><div class="ubbcode-body">cool joe. do you have a mild dot one also?</div></div>
No mil dot
FC-2
LV
NP-1