• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pics of where you shoot

Re: Pics of where you shoot

Target out there at 915 meters the temp was about -35 degrees celcius

2j44iz7.jpg

2edqo2t.jpg

2nk7zwj.jpg

2v35t9w.jpg

El Paso, TX. Sorry for the poor quality from my cell phone, these photos are actually a few years old.

setup-4.jpg

Sometimes we shoot out of these holes.

SniperHole101208.jpg

Across.jpg

Canyon.jpg

450 yards to the holes

450yardstogunsEdited.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The_Hoff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">dude the holes are pretty sweet lol </div></div>

Its fun to shoot out of them, Im not so sure that will be the case when I install a brake on my rifle...

Here is one spot. 800yds to the far side.....I have 1000+ to the left if the cows cooperate and aren't feeding on that side.

2011-03-12141639Copy.jpg

This is my personal range in southern Indiana. I have fixed target locations at 1,2,350,5, and 600 yards with places for paper targets and a large and small steel plate at each location.
be18b4c7.jpg

Near the Oregon Coast, and one of the only states with over-the-counter elk tags (no lottery needed)

clearcut.png

I'm moving to colorado when i get out of college, place seems like the talladega of Precision shooting. Going post some pics of the places i shoot at this weekend. Since we farm i'm guessing it's anywhere from 0-1500yds in some spots. Where i'm trying to set up my range i have a straight line heading to the woods @ 460yds, then out in the field it ranges off to 700-800yds.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bighouse</div><div class="ubbcode-body">These are from a multi agency training a couple of weeks ago that we hosted.
This is the back yard to our Sheriffs Office. We have about 980 yards if we shoot property line to property line.
up1.jpg
up2.jpg

up3.jpg
</div></div>

What angle were you shooting at?

Wow, you all have very nice places to shoot, looking through this thread just makes me want to move the hell out of CT even more.

I'm new here! Thought I'd say HI!
All the pics look great I really like the hole in the wall!and the Alps is cool!!

this is one well set up shooting range...I need to move here. Y'all are some lucky sob's to get steel at different ranges on the same field.

Nice setup...always nice to see fellow swat guys with their gear. What rifle is that/scope package?

You guys are all so lucky to just have these places! I get 500, maybe 600 if I am lucky. I would have to travel a decent distance to have anything even remotely like this. All these places are great and beautiful! Congrats to all you LR shooters.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: iShoot17</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You guys are all so lucky to just have these places! I get 500, maybe 600 if I am lucky. I would have to travel a decent distance to have anything even remotely like this. All these places are great and beautiful! Congrats to all you LR shooters. </div></div>

+1. Simply breath taking. Thanks for sharing.

Steel City just outside Birmingham. Currently just over 500yds, working on a longer range.

148144_177105862306309_100000206893550_613365_5894386_n.jpg

E range is now just over 500yds and "H" was supposed to go out to 1K, but they have hit solid rock around 700 and if no one is willing to pony up the cash to demo it they cant go out any further.
range_3.jpg

Not much to look at, but plenty of space. Marked out to 1000 right now, with room to grow as I get better.
DSC00107.jpg

DSC00108.jpg

Here's a spot I really really want to get some rifle time, but it's not much good for me yet. 1000 is pushing the limit of me as a shooter, not to mention the abilities of my rifle, and we can shoot that far from 20' out the back door of the house.

One day though, this spot is going to be featured in either some long range shooting or hunting video.

Roughly 3 miles to the trees on the skyline
<a href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/c_bass16/BennetCo.jpg" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">CLICK THE PICTURE TO SEE IT FULL SIZE
BennetCo.jpg
</a>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nly205</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Steel City just outside Birmingham. Currently just over 500yds, working on a longer range.

148144_177105862306309_100000206893550_613365_5894386_n.jpg

E range is now just over 500yds and "H" was supposed to go out to 1K, but they have hit solid rock around 700 and if no one is willing to pony up the cash to demo it they cant go out any further.
range_3.jpg
</div></div>

Hey, I reconize that place. LOL

Couple when I used to go to the clearcuts across the Hood Canal bridge. Hoping to get back up there this summer or up to the Port Angeles group.

This one was right at 799 yards (White dot 2" above my head)

The new place I mapped out does not have a backstop tho, but it is out to 1000.

clearcut.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goose375</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
P6091067a.jpg

just a little place out back where I like to plink... </div></div>

It doesn't even look real it's so beautiful. What an amazing place you found.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: iShoot17</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You guys are all so lucky to just have these places! I get 500, maybe 600 if I am lucky. I would have to travel a decent distance to have anything even remotely like this. All these places are great and beautiful! Congrats to all you LR shooters. </div></div>

Bro-- You need to get out more. There are a TON of places to shoot LR near Pittsburgh, you just need to make some friends.

all of these sites are amazing, but this one takes the cake for me. beautiful, rolling, and that lush green. wonderful looking place.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ewoaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BLM near Riverton. This picture was taken from up on the rock below. Steel out to 1500y
a0cww4.jpg

Firing position.
o0nxz.jpg
</div></div>

Riverton Utah??

Tooele?
Man we gotta meet up.
Want to take the sticks out past 500.
I have 2 others that would come along with a large assortment of fine weapons.

Im in the process of closing on a house and if all goes well, this will be my backyard. (Assuming I can make friends with the neighboring farmer) This was taken off the railing of the back deck of the house.

IMG_20110619_132218.jpg

Took part in a Precision Rifle class by AFTT out of Az this past weekend where they have been holding it for the last 15 years that I know of. You'll know where we are from a couple of the pics!

Flat range out to 1K. 3' gong and 12x20 silhouette @ 1K, just above the red dirt running diag. closer picture below

dsc05199kl.jpg

600 yrd silhouette to the right of the cedar tree

dsc05218u.jpg

.264 Win Mag ready for 1K! Started the class with only 72 rounds down the tube. I gotta plug my 'smith, Long Rifles Inc in Sturgis, got me a first round hit on the 1K silhouette.

dsc05207i.jpg

3' gong in the LH 3rd of the picture, 12"x20" silhouette is to the left about 25 yards, just a speck!

dsc05200l.jpg

Know where you are yet!

dsc05195q.jpg

The first National Monument!

dsc05198h.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chubbles</div><div class="ubbcode-body">this thread has some impressive photos....i'll try not to embarrass myself. as i hike up to this spot i leave a trail of steel targets behind. and to quote coldboremiracle "as far as you can reach" is the limit up there
francis.jpg

arr1.jpg
</div></div> Where did you get the BMX kneepads?

Big Piney Sportsmans Club in Houston, MO. This is a pic of the old 600 yd position. Since this was taken, there has been some berm work and its possible to shoot out to 800 yds.

targetviewfromthe600ydberm.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: thehouseproduct</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chubbles</div><div class="ubbcode-body">this thread has some impressive photos....i'll try not to embarrass myself. as i hike up to this spot i leave a trail of steel targets behind. and to quote coldboremiracle "as far as you can reach" is the limit up there
francis.jpg

arr1.jpg
</div></div> Where did you get the BMX kneepads?</div></div>
Still love how that rifle looks. Very nice +1

Weekend before last. 1000 yard competition range with pits. Not that you can see. Only got off 5 rounds before packing it in.

15f3gc8.jpg

Here's the other range in better weather. Steel at 105, 150, 220, 328, 421, 550, 650, 710 and 760.

760yd: 1/2 scale IPSC gong.
ay4n6w.jpg