• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

plane crash in China

Commercial airliners can glide under zero power (until they hit the ground, of course), so this is very unusual that it's nose diving.

Either it's intentional (either the pilot did it on purpose or there is some kind of third party maliciously acting), both pilots lost conciousness for some reason when auto-pilot is off, or something VERY IMPORTANT on that plane broke and it was totally unrecoverable. Given it apparently flew straight down at 350 MPH, who knows what will be left to answer that question with certainty. Very sad for the families that lost their love ones!

I could get into all the issues with chinese (and eastern) pilots in general, but I’ll just say

Lots of those places have a shit aviation culture and are VERY automation dependent and paint by numbers (see where the 37 Max pusher crashes occurred).

35lqnh5xrfb51.png

I'm not experienced in this stuff but I've NEVER seen a plane nose dive straight down like that unless it was in a movie which would be unbelievable as well.

Reactions: BLEE and lash
Oo oo I’ll play guessing game also.

Induced from the cockpit

Or

Something fooked on horizontal stabilizer

Highly doubt it’s a missle.

me armchair quarterbacking ... that, and 1st thing that X'ed my mind, was elevator locked-out and invert dive straight-in .

Reactions: MarshallDodge
me armchair quarterbacking ... that, and 1st thing that X'ed my mind, was elevator locked-out and invert dive straight-in .

Outside of the jackscrew failure due to shit mx and heavy handed pilots that occurred with Alaska decades ago, it’s somewhat rare. And even at that point it doesn’t often lead to a straight down lawn dart with a qualified crew

Also got to ask yourself, how many on that plane supported the CCP/social credit scores/censorship/communism etc

The problem with the Alaska Air is that they mixed types of grease of the jackscrew.Galvanic corrosion occurred, and the system locked up. Yes, repeatedly trying to adjust caused the jackshaft to break.

Reactions: TurboTrout
Commercial airliners can glide under zero power (until they hit the ground, of course), so this is very unusual that it's nose diving.

Either it's intentional (either the pilot did it on purpose or there is some kind of third party maliciously acting), both pilots lost conciousness for some reason when auto-pilot is off, or something VERY IMPORTANT on that plane broke and it was totally unrecoverable. Given it apparently flew straight down at 350 MPH, who knows what will be left to answer that question with certainty. Very sad for the families that lost their love ones!
Even if the a/c lost all hydraulics, you still have control tabs on the flight control surfaces that would move them(mechanically) enough to provide some amount of axis control. Maybe...suicidal pilot(s)??
Mac

yeah, we’ll per the pusher issue (not likely here) there is a reason none of those crashes occurred in North America.

Fly commie, or shithole, airline and get shithole “pilots”
News just said it wasn't a Max 737. Oh well.

I believe that a plan nosedived into the Everglades back in 1996. I don't remember the reasons but it had something to do with oxygen tanks IIRC.

I am sure there were different reasons as that was a different type of plane but nosedives do happen

Pilot assisted suicide came to mind first. I agree with others, pilots outside of 1st world countries tend to be decent FMS managers, but really lousy pilots when the automation fails or is turned off. They have a history of turning a minor issue into a terminal issue just by clicking the autopilot off or by leaving it on too long when it’s malfunctioning because they know their chances of survival are slim once they turn it off.

Even if the elevator jammed they could still control it with stabilizer trim, if they knew that. The photo of it going straight down suggests the stabilizer was jammed in a extreme nose down position, the autopilot commanded a hard over and they wouldn’t turn it off, they had runaway pitch trim nose down and didn’t know how to turn it off, some other major mechanical malfunction, or pilot assisted suicide.

Only time will tell, maybe.

Have the confirmed the type of plane? American/Boeing or Chinese built?

Also, upon further look, that aircraft looks to have an A320 nose, dark nose and tail isn’t on China Eastern’s livery, and no API winglets like a 738 should have.

Reactions: Nik H
They say its a Boeing 727-800
So any bets on what they hit mid-air? drone or a fighter or maybe mostly peaceful Uighur stuffed the toilet with something explosive?
Dive bomber style plunge is rather unusual

and no API winglets like a 738 should have.

I believe the winglets are an option. Kind of like on the 747-400... Lots around the world with no winglets.

But just in that grainy ass pic above(which looks photo shopped as shit to me) the "stinger"(I cant remember the correct term) on the fuselage looks more Airbus ish vs. 737 NG-ish... to pointy vs. blunt. But again, that pic is not good and appears to me to be weirdly photoshopped.

Saw this when the news broke, in my hotel. I am no aviation expert nor even a novice on the best day. Although i do have some common sense. The crash site showed(coulda been stock footage for all i know) looked like nothing bigger than a football left. Just looked like a crater and some trash.

My spidey senses told me crashed on purpose. Is that possible with the automation in these planes?

My second thought: who knew where to video, they only had seconds, looked kinda remote, so unless they heard a mid air collision or an explosion and their first thought was to film, seems very coincidental. Seems very suspicious. Fake video?

Reactions: BLEE
Well in that photo if not shopped ,the entire tail is gone which would explain the lawn dart flight path.

Well vertical to the ground the path would not be linear.

Maybe they had a abnormal situation like a pressure issue, did a emergency decent, got too hamfisted and over stressed the plane, no tail, no controllability.

I’d put my money on a mismanaged abnormal situation. They are a very rote people, when things go outside of the path of day to day chinese tend to not do well, especially in things that are not as part of their culture like flying.