• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Photos Playing in South Africa (out to 2400 yards)

scaxeman

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 26, 2008
Oregon
www.usftrclass.com
Having some fun on a friend's ranch in South Africa with a .408 Cheytac out to 2400 yards.
grin.gif

Re: Playing in South Africa (out to 2400 yards)

one hell of a nice looking rifle wish we had room in pennsylvania for shooting like this

That is awesome. I'm happy when I can shoot at 600 in upstate NY.

We had the same kawasaki out in iraq, but with craploads of money in parts and gun mounts thrown in them. NICE! I definitely envy you.

Very cool!

Can we have a run down on the rifle?

Nice gun.

Glenn

The rifle is my buddy's, it's a full custom .408 Cheytac, built on a Bat Magnum action, with a 1:13 Kreiger barrel.

We were running 419 grain Lost River monolithics at ~2900 fps. These worked *very* well at 1 mile, we were hitting a 16" steel plate again, and again with no problem. If you look in the pic of the rifle heading downrange, the clearing in the far distance where the rifle is aimed is 1 mile.

We moved it back to 2400 yards (the furthest clearing, around 8-10° to the right). At the velocity that we had the bullets going (and we were only ~350 feet above sea level), the round was out of gas.