• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Please help, I rode the short bus. PSS questions

MOOSEKNUCKLE

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2009
Ohio
I am very new to long range shooting. Ive been looking at Remington 700s. There are too many models for me to choose from. I am looking for a .223 and ran into a guy when I was working out of town that has a PSS fluted barrel for sale. He just sent some pics and details. I mostly shoot paper, but will go hoggin when I get time.I copied and pasted his Email,here is what he has.
Here are some pics gun has less that 200 rounds through it. Badger bolt handle, 2.5 LB trigger, Leupold 6.5X20x50 scope and rings and bases, Versa pod, and shell carrier... IF you take the whole package I am seeking 1500 for all.... If you just want the rifle only it is 675.00 and an extra 50.00 if you want the rings and bases...
I already have a Leupold 6.5 20x50 with the fine duplex. His is 3/4 mil dot. Does the package seem like a good deal? Is there that big of an advantage between the mil dot and the fine duplex? Would I be better off with a longer barrel? Please help me... Im a window licker when it come to this stuff.

Re: Please help, I rode the short bus. PSS questions

What's the barrel length? It sounds like it's not a PSS but an LTR if it's a short (20") barrel and fluted. $675 is a fair price for an LTR w/ Badger bolt handle. We need more info on rings and bases to tell if it's a good deal and how old is the scope?

I'd say the best deal is the rifle, I could take or leave the other stuff.

Jason

I have my own helmet too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's the barrel length? It sounds like it's not a PSS but an LTR if it's a short (20") barrel and fluted. $675 is a fair price for an LTR w/ Badger bolt handle. We need more info on rings and bases to tell if it's a good deal and how old is the scope?

I'd say the best deal is the rifle, I could take or leave the other stuff.

Jason</div></div>
+1