• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

POF Rogue pistol??

BAMAboy18

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 11, 2020
I'm 56 and I've owned 100s of guns through my life, however I've never owned an AR. When POF came out with the P308 it intreaged me, but not enough to spend the asking price. I've got to admit the Revolution/Rogue has me interested again. Has anyone got experiences or advice, +/- they'd share?

While I don't have a POF, I do have Stuff from Knights,LMT and FN, and I think the POF look pretty good, especially in regards to how much they weigh. Considering the no free lunch concept, I question how shootable a 6lb 308 gas gun is but for a field rifle, they look awesome.

Reactions: BAMAboy18
There have been a number qc and reliability problems with the Rouge. Customer service is lacking, leans on requiring a 500rd break in before they function, or being very ammo sensitive. An adjustable gas block and heavy buffer mostly fixes the reliability issues. A better brake helps the shoot ability.

Recently they had a bad batch of their roller cam pin gimmick, and customers are still waiting with broken pins.

They seem to have less problems with their 556 stuff.

There have been a number qc and reliability problems with the Rouge. Customer service is lacking, leans on requiring a 500rd break in before they function, or being very ammo sensitive. An adjustable gas block and heavy buffer mostly fixes the reliability issues. A better brake helps the shoot ability.

Recently they had a bad batch of their roller cam pin gimmick, and customers are still waiting with broken pins.

They seem to have less problems with their 556 stuff.
Thank you, I guess I'll stay here on the fence, for now. I've acquired a few new/new to me toys this past year; Howa 308, Ruger MKII & Charger, Draco, and hope it gets here soon, a Shockwave, as most of the accessories have started showing up already. I don't have anything that eats 223, lots of 308 was my reasoning for a Rogue, maybe compromise for a Revolution pistol??

I have a couple of POF's, including the Revolution carbine, and they've been excellent. I'm sure most of the guns out there are also good- that said some of the recent reports of shitty customer service would give me pause. The same few tend to get echoed around, so it's hard to tell how many there are.
I haven't seen anything related to the roller guides, @SDet do you have more info or links ?

As far as weight- ( again this is the 16" not the 10" ) the Revolution weighs in under 7lbs, from the shoulder it is completely comfortable and controllable- on the bench, it's a bit wriggly, but not horrible.

Some CS here:

my thoughts Vs my MWS bottom of page 77

Last edited:
Ordered from g~nbuyer for $1699 and it showed still in stock after. I’m giving the Rogue a spin for the field gun slot. This thread turned up when I was searching for the factory gas block profile specs. Am I locked into the dictator because of some proprietary specs or can I use the .750 slr agb that I have in spare parts? TIA!

Last edited:
Ordered from g~nbuyer for $1699 and it showed still in stock after. I’m giving the Rogue a spin for the field gun slot. This thread turned up when I was searching for the factory gas block profile specs. Am I locked into the dictator because of some proprietary specs or can I use the .750 slr agb that I have in spare parts? TIA!
Wow, that's a great price! Local shop has a POF 308 with 16" barrel & pistol brace, they say it's an "AOW" and want $2800, needless to say it's been there for months. They say they've had several folks look at it but no buyers???

I had a Rev in 308 pistol configuration. Great pistol and ran very reliably. I put 6-700 rounds through mine and the only issues I had was after 300 rounds and no cleaning(2 days of shooting) the gas blowback got the bolt really dirty and caused a failure to eject. A quick clean and I was back up and running. One major issue I have with the POF, you can't use any upper other than thiers. I don't necessarily have a problem with that concept, I didn't like how thier uppers are expensive and almost never in stock.

I snagged the rogue because I think it fits a good niche role. I have been buying more factory loaded 7.62NATO with its price converging with m193. I have a mix of large frame lowers that I could conceivably mate to various uppers, but I don't expect to find loose large frame uppers in the wild going forward. I have an EA LUX .308 can in jail that I am thinking will go on the Rogue to yield a good lightweight large frame for anticipated low-volume/rate use cases. I will need to figure out the gas system once I have the can. I am thinking of zeroing to 135 grain winchester hollow points if it all proves compatible.

Ive been having my Revolution 308 for years. Its my go-to for hog hunting. Its got a Pulsar thermal and has been suppressed 100% of the time. Ive never had a single issue. Some nights when we come across tons of hogs I can shoot 200 rounds per night easily. Most of the shots are rapid fire and immediate mag changes. This is in all weather conditions, and also in heavy dust bowl conditions when its dry and we are using ATV's and SxS to move.
The factory trigger was good, but once I found out about the Timney Calvin Elite I swapped it for that. That trigger is like heaven. Ive never shot junk ammo through it, so my experience and review is with Federal ammo only. Maybe that has alot to do with my success with the rifle, or maybe not. Im super happy and satisfied with the Revolution and honestly I would buy it all over again if I had to.

I had one of the first ones, I put a dictator on it before I even shot it - the only problem I had is with DAG ammo. I sent it back for them to look at it and they opened up the gas port slightly - What I noticed with with Dictator is that many of the positions had no effect. After that it was perfect.

I've shot all kinds of other ammo through it especially steel and its been fine. They say the radian handle is not designed for it, I'm using the suppressor version with the ports which doesn't have radiuses edges so I rounded the sharp edges a little with a file, no more wear issues.

Once 8.6 blackout is available I will likely being doing a barrel change, I've seen what it can do - nasty and I want this to hunt with as well.

I finally got the unity parts to raise the optics coming son so I am saving for NVG stuff now as well. Once I can move to a free state I will be getting a suppressor.

I have a thread on this build, a lot of people were critical of frog lube, I've not had a problem with it though in a decade or how long ever so thats cool for them.

Attachments

• IMG_1158.png
    IMG_1158.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 140
  • IMG_1060.jpeg
    IMG_1060.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 334
Thought I would throw out my new updates to my POF Rogue. Been shooting flawlessly. Only approx 500 rounds through it.

Geissele mk16 rail
Geissele trigger
SLR adjustable gas block
Surefire muzzle brake
BCM grip

haven’t don’t much precision shooting with it. Just having fun and new hunting gun. 6.2lbs with new parts (excluding scope, bipod, suppressor).

Consider the source of the complaint. In the past 6 months the only thing this guy does on here is dog a specific manufacture.

I question if he ran this gun suppressed for a period of time with out an adjustable gas block. If you look most of his posts are about suppressors and his discontent with POF.
Image 9-4-21 at 12.36 PM.jpg

Reactions: MPDS13
I'm having second thoughts, I think I'd either step up to the revolution, but then what I've read about SA's saint victor, it appears to be a tad more accurate, for 1/2 the price...

My original plan was to have a lightweight semiauto hunting rifle. So sheer accuracy was not my main goal. Trying to find some match ammo now to accuracy test it.