• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Politics Aside, Somebody Screwed Up on This One.

G

<span style="font-weight: bold">NO POLITICAL POSTS!!!</span>

Should someone lose their job over this?
Having the Presidential motorcade come to a complete stop like this cannot be good for security.

A nervous two minutes.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3BvABn7L_So"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3BvABn7L_So" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Re: Politics Aside, Somebody Screwed Up on This One.

Apparently this video has a lot of laughter from the crowd edited out. Other videos from other people show the crowd laughing their asses off.

That thing is heavy as hell. I've had the same thing happen on my last Jeep in sandy conditions and I had to get a logging skidder to winch me out. I can't imagine how hard it was to get off that bump when each door weighs close to 1000lbs & the wheelbase is that long. Kinda funny though. Maybe the next limo will take the MRAP approach of leaf springs and 40" ground clearance.

Failure to pre-run a motorcade route (or at least failure to properly pre-run the route anyway)...yup, I'm betting somebody got their @$$ handed to them on that f-up!!

Not good at all!

Do these guys not know how to think on their feet? Just take the car right behind them and push the friggin' thing forward. Who really cares about a bumper when a President is in the dang car!!! At the very least they had about 10 250 pounders that could have sat on the trunk. Just dumb

Ya that limo has to be stupid heavy and they are still running on factory style rims, the tires are "special" but they have got to think about upgrading. Why not make the presidential limo off an SUV frame?

Maybe the practice run didn't take into account the Pres and 1st Lady's weights.

Looks like the 1st Lady hasnt been following her own advice on a "Healthy Diet"

SOLVED....

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/r-_-kbwxKtU"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/r-_-kbwxKtU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M25BeastShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe the practice run didn't take into account the Pres and 1st Lady's weights.

Looks like the 1st Lady hasnt been following her own advice on a "Healthy Diet" </div></div>

Funniest thing I've read all day!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ya that limo has to be stupid heavy and they are still running on factory style rims, the tires are "special" but they have got to think about upgrading. Why not make the presidential limo off an SUV frame? </div></div>

Its off a 3/4 ton Chevy truck frame I believe. 3-4 tons of vehicle right there.

Ok, question I have always wondered. When the Pres. flies around, does the limo go into Air Force 1 too, or do they have a limo where he is going that is ready? Have always wanted to know, doesnt seem like it would be to hard to fit one limo into a 747.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M25BeastShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe the practice run didn't take into account the Pres and 1st Lady's weights.

Looks like the 1st Lady hasnt been following her own advice on a "Healthy Diet" </div></div>

They weren't in that car. Nice try at slipping a political dig in there though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ubet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok, question I have always wondered. When the Pres. flies around, does the limo go into Air Force 1 too, or do they have a limo where he is going that is ready? Have always wanted to know, doesnt seem like it would be to hard to fit one limo into a 747. </div></div>

A C130 flies separately with all of his needs. Landing well before he does.

Route Recon 101

Imagine siting there waiting for someone to shout, "SAGGER!" while the security guys run around like idjits.

RG-33_MRAP_4x4_Socom_wheeled_armoured_vehicle_United_States_Army_001.jpg

Fuck trying to look "classy" If i was the president, i'd roll like the damn world was going to explode around me

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do these guys not know how to think on their feet? Just take the car right behind them and push the friggin' thing forward. Who really cares about a bumper when a President is in the dang car!!! At the very least they had about 10 250 pounders that could have sat on the trunk. Just dumb </div></div>

My thought exactly. Doh.

Wonder what Nomad has to say about this?

He was probably driving the damned thing!
smirk.gif

PERSONALLY! id ride around in a buffolo MRAP, few of them on base and from what i hear,,, it take A couple hundred pounds to destroy that thing.. or an MATV. those are nice..

Did some digging (all the way to Wiki... so not much Google Fu here) to confirm:

"A C-17 also accompanies the President of the United States on his visits to both domestic and foreign arrangements, consultations, and meetings. The C-17 is used to transport the Presidential Limousine and security detachments.[39] There have been several occasions where a C-17 has been used to transport the President himself, temporarily gaining the Air Force One callsign while doing so."

So looks like now it's a C17... which makes sense. It's the newest and best in the inventory.

Someone mentioned a C130 above and don't doubt that it could be used, especially on domestic hops. But I am 100 percent sure that I have seen C5's as part of the Presidential Wing. Maybe domestically a C130 is used, but the C5 could load everything from Carryall Suburbans to the Limo to Helicopters.

Anyway, neither here nor there... they probably use whatever is available and fits the bill.

Cheers,

Sirhr

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goldie</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do these guys not know how to think on their feet? Just take the car right behind them and push the friggin' thing forward. Who really cares about a bumper when a President is in the dang car!!! At the very least they had about 10 250 pounders that could have sat on the trunk. Just dumb </div></div>

My thought exactly. Doh.

Wonder what Nomad has to say about this? </div></div>

The underside of the vehicle hooked onto a piece of the security gate; watch in the video how the thing bottoms out. The wheels are visible out of alignment. I doubt anything short of a 'very' large wrecker could have pulled that vehicle forward. Also the driver exited the vehicle in the version of the video I saw. It wasn't Tony.

Good luck

Jerry

A different view shows something in the suspension failed. They weren't going anywhere.
Youtube

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jerry M</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goldie</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do these guys not know how to think on their feet? Just take the car right behind them and push the friggin' thing forward. Who really cares about a bumper when a President is in the dang car!!! At the very least they had about 10 250 pounders that could have sat on the trunk. Just dumb </div></div>

My thought exactly. Doh.

Wonder what Nomad has to say about this? </div></div>

The underside of the vehicle hooked onto a piece of the security gate; watch in the video how the thing bottoms out. The wheels are visible out of alignment. I doubt anything short of a 'very' large wrecker could have pulled that vehicle forward. Also the driver exited the vehicle in the version of the video I saw. It wasn't Tony.

Good luck

Jerry</div></div> If you have the will I have the way. I could push that thing with a Geo Metro. Don't ask me how but I have moved some unbelievably stuck, large stuff when you need something done NOW and are not worried about damage or cost. In this case a president is priceless (even if I don't agree with or like him)

I put some head phones on and when the first cat comes out you can he a sound when it is half way out the drive way not real loud but like it bottomed out a little. The presidents lemo looked like when it bounced a little then bottomed out and at the same time the frunt end took a dump. Tires are up in the wheel well and canted in front. MM

I would have thought they would have run that route at full weight to make sure nothing happens? A presidential assassins dream moment, right there.

Probably broke those shitty little steering ends GM uses on the truck frame (supposedly what that limo is built on)...

Shoulda' had FORD build it with solid axles, ROFL.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bpnelson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would have thought they would have run that route at full weight to make sure nothing happens? A presidential assassins dream moment, right there.</div></div>

They are pinned down, true, but what pray tell might you use to get him out? That car was designed to defeat .50 bmg, and I bet it would handle an RPG as well as an MRAP. Plus, there are no doubt armed people other than secret service nearby. You'd just be poking an already stirred up hornet's nest. Choosing the car as the strike point would be the dumbest selection, IMHO. Even though I can't stand him, I am glad nobody tried anything stupid.

I love this clip for the big ol' slice of humble pie it serves up though.

PS- i'd pick a truck limo if it were me in the position to ride in it, lol.