• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Popular vote vs Electoral collage

Foul Mike

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 18, 2001
Eastern Colorado
Here in Colorado there is a question on the ballot to go to the popular vote for President instead of the Electoral Collage. Pushed by the Dems bigly. Some kind of a pact with other states that we hicks from the sticks have never voted on. Gov. Polesmoker brought this on and is pushing it.

I don't believe that any of these stupid cocksuckers realize that with that the big population areas like Cal., NY, Chicago, etc. will be who runs the show and they might as well not vote as there are too few of us in rural areas.

Colorado already gives all of it's votes to how the Front Range and ski areas vote instead of dividing up the vote as to how the far Eastern part of the state votes of how the Western Slope votes. That is not , in my opinion, how things are meant to go, where the cities and high density areas of population decide the whole bin of shit.

To the best of my knowledge Nebraska and Maine are the only States left where they award Electoral Collage votes as to how an area voted, as it should be in my opinion.

Were it that way in Colorado, the EC vote would be split as the Western slope tends to be conservative as do the Plains of Eastern Colorado but through Gerrymandering and other Slick deals, the WHOLE State is controlled by the cities and the rich slat rats.

I think the whole Electoral Collage system needs a re-set, back to how it was set up originally, to give sparsly populated areas a say in how things go down.

What do you think? Do you like the Big Cities ruling you?

Here in Colorado there is a question on the ballot to go to the popular vote for President instead of the Electoral Collage. Pushed by the Dems bigly. Some kind of a pact with other states that we hicks from the sticks have never voted on. Gov. Polesmoker brought this on and is pushing it.

I don't believe that any of these stupid cocksuckers realize that with that the big population areas like Cal., NY, Chicago, etc. will be who runs the show and they might as well not vote as there are too few of us in rural areas.

Colorado already gives all of it's votes to how the Front Range and ski areas vote instead of dividing up the vote as to how the far Eastern part of the state votes of how the Western Slope votes. That is not , in my opinion, how things are meant to go, where the cities and high density areas of population decide the whole bin of shit.

To the best of my knowledge Nebraska and Maine are the only States left where they award Electoral Collage votes as to how an area voted, as it should be in my opinion.

Were it that way in Colorado, the EC vote would be split as the Western slope tends to be conservative as do the Plains of Eastern Colorado but through Gerrymandering and other Slick deals, the WHOLE State is controlled by the cities and the rich slat rats.

I think the whole Electoral Collage system needs a re-set, back to how it was set up originally, to give sparsly populated areas a say in how things go down.

It needs to be followed in the way it was originally set up. Otherwise, we will fall apart as a country. Nobody wants a handful of cities determining the fate of the entire nation! If that happens I suspect Balkanization will be in short order.

I think the electoral college was founding father genius design, and anyone that works to undo it is a communist

This interstate compact is a pile of steaming shit

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Popular_Vote_Interstate_Compact#:~:text=The National Popular Vote Interstate,and the District of Columbia.

Agreed! The founders were genius!

There is no mention in the COTUS on how states should divide their electors.

Its left up to each state individually.

The only real change is that they no longer choose VP.

The genius of the system is that it forces the potential POTUS to pay attention to all states not just those with big cities.

If Hillary (ironically a NY State elector) gets her way you might as well eliminate the small population states and just consider them production slaves to have their resources raped in order to provide for the cities.

Last edited:
It won’t matter when Trump wins the popular vote too.

Of course the Dems realize that CA & NY would call the shots, that’s the beginning of their utopia.

In my opinion the worst circumvent of the constitution was the popular vote for the US senators. If the vote was left up to our US representatives, we wouldn’t even know names like Bennett, Udall, and Salazar. We have enough conservative representatives that we would never have a single liberal senator. I believe CA and NY could make the same claim.

So, in affect, fuck the voters if the other 49 states popular vote choice
is different.
I seem to remember something about taxation without representation.
I'd call it a DNC like Super delegate horse shit idea.
They've used the tax dollars of the other side to pay for the votes and now they'll use
their opposed votes as well.

R

Reactions: SonicBurlap
So under this new law this scenario occurs. Popular vote goes to Trump, Colorado goes to Biden. Does that mean Colorado's Electoral votes go to Trump? This bill 100% subverts the will of the voters and will be overruled by the supreme court as soon as it gets there.

Not just that but the constitution said the legislature sets up election laws. How does this jive with that? Popular vote can not change the constitution.

So, in affect, fuck the voters if the other 49 states popular vote choice
is different.
I seem to remember something about taxation without representation.
I'd call it a DNC like Super delegate horse shit idea.
They've used the tax dollars of the other side to pay for the votes and now they'll use
their opposed votes as well.

R

Exactly.

People pushing the state compact are basically saying "We dont care what the citizens of the state want. If 5 cities can popular vote for one candidate we will cast our electors for them"

It totally disenfranchises the state voters.

So under this new law this scenario occurs. Popular vote goes to Trump, Colorado goes to Biden. Does that mean Colorado's Electoral votes go to Trump? This bill 100% subverts the will of the voters and will be overruled by the supreme court as soon as it gets there.

Not just that but the constitution said the legislature sets up election laws. How does this jive with that? Popular vote can not change the constitution.

Under the state compact, which has not attained the number of states to be constitutional, 5 cities will be able to produce a popular vote that can overwhelm the other states popular votes.

This 2016 map resulted in the election of Trump....

1603991615783.png

With popular vote that national map will look like this map of Illinois

1603991687569.png

Giving the win to the Communists, clustered around Shitcago. ask the people in red Illinois how responsive their blue govt is.

This scheme and rank choice voting are abominations.

It won’t matter when Trump wins the popular vote too.

Of course the Dems realize that CA & NY would call the shots, that’s the beginning of their utopia.

In my opinion the worst circumvent of the constitution was the popular vote for the US senators. If the vote was left up to our US representatives, we wouldn’t even know names like Bennett, Udall, and Salazar. We have enough conservative representatives that we would never have a single liberal senator. I believe CA and NY could make the same claim.

The senate change was that the states executive/legislators no longer choose Senators.

We have made the Senate something it was not intended to be.

The senate was described as the "cooling saucer for the hot tea".

Representatives were supposed to experience rapid turnover and deal with the topic of the moment.

Senators were supposed to be more representative of the long term positions of the respective states and take a long term outlook to legislation.

States gave up a ton of power by going to direct vote senators. Governors and state legislators denutted themselves.

It looks like a win for the people but it causes fuckery and party intrigue. Instead of senators being a "higher" office directly accountable to the states governor - fired or hired at his pleasure - now they are nothing but long term representatives accountable only to the party they serve.

We would not have states with a conservative governor and a communist senator if we went back to state appointment.

Currently I think there are 26 republican (many in name only) governors which should ensure 52 republican senators.

Granted Gov Baker (RINO MA) would not appoint a conservative but I doubt we would have a world with Liz warren and Ed Markey had we not screwed the COTUS.

Last edited:
143 counties have the same population as the remaing 2,999 counties. 4.6% of counties.

Really funny and sad how many people in the less poopulated states oppose the EC against their own best interests, in the name of some imagined ideological benefit. And 100% certain if they were winning the EC and losing the popular vote? They would take the opposite, yet still so highly virtuous position.

Reactions: Foul Mike
If Hillary (ironically a NY State elector) gets her way you might as well eliminate the small population states and just consider them production slaves to have their resources raped in order to provide for the cities.

The movie Hunger Games would be the result of the loss of the electoral college system.

I am a simple person who believes that the founding fathers had nothing but the greatest interest in establishing the greatest country on the planet. Politicians today are reprehensible fucks that deserve to be swinging at the end of a rope.

Hope that clearly explains my position

There is no mention in the COTUS on how states should divide their electors.

Its left up to each state individually.

The only real change is that they no longer choose VP.

The genius of the system is that it forces the potential POTUS to pay attention to all states not just those with big cities.

Yes and no. The winner take all system that most states have in place means that candidates can essentially ignore those states likely to vote for them. Cali and NY probably don’t see nearly the number of ads for Biden that people in “toss up“ and “likely“ states see. And, while every vote matters, your ad dollars are more productive in NY, CA, FL, and TX than they are in WY and CT.

This is the grand irony that they don’t see, or are willfully ignoring. By awarding your votes to whoever wins the NATIONAL popular vote, your state might as well not even vote. You can all vote “blue” and see your electors go “red” and visa versa.

Colorado policy is pretty much dictated by Denver, Boulder and lately Fort Collins. Boulder shit-bags seem to be be creeping north and east bringing their F'd up politics with them.

Yes and no. The winner take all system that most states have in place means that candidates can essentially ignore those states likely to vote for them. Cali and NY probably don’t see nearly the number of ads for Biden that people in “toss up“ and “likely“ states see. And, while every vote matters, your ad dollars are more productive in NY, CA, FL, and TX than they are in WY and CT.

This is the grand irony that they don’t see, or are willfully ignoring. By awarding your votes to whoever wins the NATIONAL popular vote, your state might as well not even vote. You can all vote “blue” and see your electors go “red” and visa versa.

I really hate these ads! I’m in a solid red state and hear Biden ADs in the radio and on TV!

I believe it was pocahontas who was in
Deep ass Mississippi trying to convince
her crowd that it would be a good idea to
Shitcan the electoral college, my first thought was are you fucking kidding me.
For all the reasons already stated above.

There is always more stupid people than sMart hence electoral college they to expand it to within the individual states as well so states like Oregon don’t stay blue from the popular vote from two counties

I really hate these ads! I’m in a solid red state and hear Biden ADs in the radio and on TV!
If you think about all the millions of dollars spent especially in a red state
That Biden campaign has/is spending
It should bring a smile to your face,
Because those dollars help the Trump economy and give food for discussion for anyone on the fence.
I'll say none of that propaganda has convinced me to change my mind.
I just do a eyeroll when I see back to back ads on fox's channel.

Last edited:
I love how the only people who like the Electoral College is when it works out in their favor. When it doesn't they piss and moan how bad it is. Anyways, it's no secret how I feel about it. It's an archaic system that should go away already. Our Constitution is a nice document and all, but it's not perfect. Hence why it's been amended so many times to keep up with the times. My biggest problem with the Electoral College and the main reason why I won't ever vote unless it goes away is it guarantees our votes do NOT count. And don't give me this bullshit about if it goes away then big cities will control the country. Anyone who's visited big cities knows that people who live in big cities are some of the most apathetic people when it comes to voting. So if anything, it will be the red flyover states that control the country due to how much folks who live in those states value their voting rights. And as far as foreign and domestic meddling in our elections goes, that has always happened and will continue to happen.

So yeah, for me I say ditch the Electoral College and replace it with Popular Vote. If not, then stop lying to young voters telling them their votes count when they really don't. How's that for a compromise?

In Colorado, and other states of course, the high population areas wag the rural areas. My conservative vote essentially means nothing since Colorado assigns 100% of the electoral votes to the winner of the vote in Colorado. In the last election Hillary beat Trump by only 2.8% (71.7K votes) but got 100% of the electoral votes. If the conservative voters thought their vote could make a difference maybe we could drag 72,000 more to the polls.

In Colorado the Popular vote was voted in and signed into law by Polis in March of 2019. A referendum was filed which suspended the law pending the current statewide vote on the referendum. So .. yes vote; Colorado electoral votes go to winner of the popular vote. No vote; Colorado electoral votes go to winner of the Colorado vote .. as it is now.

I see four options: And I'll use Colorado as the example

First .. We leave it as is. All the electoral votes go to the winner of Colorado and we work to get more votes on our side. Colorado urban wags rural.

Second .. All the electoral votes go to the winner of the popular vote and Colorado voters get lost in the shuffle of the current craziness.

Third .. The OP discusses this, distribute the electoral votes per the Colorado voters split. In the last election Hillary 5 and Trump 4.

Fourth .. We live in a digital age, the actual split (in 2016) would be 4.64 for Hillary and 4.36 for Trump. This even more accurately represents the way Colorado citizens voted. This method would assign Electoral votes and pieces of Electoral votes to each candidate.

And with option four whether the next step to actual popular vote occurs is a very interesting question and hinges on how many people each US Representative actually represents but I don't see it as a bad idea.

I kinda like the fourth but the rabbit hole would deepen quickly.

Thank you,
MrSmith

I am a simple person who believes that the founding fathers had nothing but the greatest interest in establishing the greatest country on the planet. Politicians today are reprehensible fucks that deserve to be swinging at the end of a rope.

Hope that clearly explains my position
Word.

R

I love how the only people who like the Electoral College is when it works out in their favor. When it doesn't they piss and moan how bad it is. Anyways, it's no secret how I feel about it. It's an archaic system that should go away already. Our Constitution is a nice document and all, but it's not perfect. Hence why it's been amended so many times to keep up with the times. My biggest problem with the Electoral College and the main reason why I won't ever vote unless it goes away is it guarantees our votes do NOT count. And don't give me this bullshit about if it goes away then big cities will control the country. Anyone who's visited big cities knows that people who live in big cities are some of the most apathetic people when it comes to voting. So if anything, it will be the red flyover states that control the country due to how much folks who live in those states value their voting rights. And as far as foreign and domestic meddling in our elections goes, that has always happened and will continue to happen.

So yeah, for me I say ditch the Electoral College and replace it with Popular Vote. If not, then stop lying to young voters telling them their votes count when they really don't. How's that for a compromise?

Fuck no! Name one other system or idea that is better that doesn’t allow mob rule. If we all went to popular vote we’d literally be ran by a handful of cities. Fuck that shit. If you want that type of crap move somewhere that has less freedom. I’d also add that the reason everything is screwed up is because the Constitution has been amended a million ways to Sunday with little thought to why we are making the amendment. We need to get back to basics.

Natty Light at work ^^^.
Times haven't changed people have.
Same old good/bad human nature dilemma.
Check the electoral college map provided:
1604006389419.png

Notice anything about red/flyover states?
One that should stand out.
DC and Montana.

R

Reactions: Lapuapalooza
The founding fathers were brilliant. They knew that stupid would enmass in great numbers in cities and want to be sure that the large mumbers of idiots in the cities would not control the election

Founding Fathers more than anything knew Human Nature.

They had an optimistic view of humanity but they knew that evil exited and if given the chance it would take advantage of the good.

They built a Constitution of constraints that would keep the powerful from abusing the people.

Anything we let change the Constitution, we do so at our peril.

Last edited:
Too bad each state doesn’t have equal electoral votes rather than going by population... oh wait the dems would never win so we can’t do that

Reactions: JimTN
On behalf of the front range, I apologize. I at least voted no on the proposition today(in person). We’re headed for a major showdown on this issue, once 270 electoral votes worth of states pass similar measures. Likely a Supreme Court battle. Hopefully there’s still 9 justices when that happens.

On behalf of the front range, I apologize. I at least voted no on the proposition today(in person). We’re headed for a major showdown on this issue, once 270 electoral votes worth of states pass similar measures. Likely a Supreme Court battle. Hopefully there’s still 9 justices when that happens.
Was the Wolf deal on the ballot?

R

Ah. Proportional versus majority representation.

What could go wrong with majority rules?

without the electoral collage a president would be chosen by 3 states maybe 4 new York , Los Angeles maybe Florida and disposable Texas maybe population wise the rest of the country would count for crapola . Two of the states make up more the vote NY and LA population wise . you think your against the collage do you really want those two states to decide who the president will be you could just hand over your rights and property now . Every citizens vote should be counted and matter as one person one vote regardless of which side of the decision you stand on the super candidates bug me more there vote could stand for 100 or 10,000 votes what makes them so special ? Now I don't know how many votes super delegate really count as but its more than one hell Hillary Clinton is one now that's freaky she is like the turd that never goes down the hole she just
keeps popping up to spoil the day . And thank god for the collage that what trump won to take office Clinton won the popular vote not the electoral collage .

They never figured on California and all of its libtards. They are all moving to AZ, ID,MT etc.. and fucking up our beautiful RED states. With CA. the popular vote went to Clinton last election. If only CA, OR and Washington would drop into the sea.

Yes currently the Electoral College is a big wall against Democrats. Right now as much as the founders get crapped on for their mistakes they were remarkably wise for politicians.

The Goal is an executive who has broad REGIONAL rather than POPULAR appear. Realizing they we are not a honogenous people, but rather large groups with uncommon and diverse backgrounds (yeah all a bunch of dead white guys!! according to those who are in 'woke' history). The United States is rather unusual in that we do not have a common long shared heritage.

In just the original states you had
(1) Regular Colonists
(2) Religious Extremists/Separatists (Puritans)
(3) Religious people fleeing from persecution (Catholics/Quakers)
(4) Debtors Prison (Georgia)
(5) Scots
(6) Germans
(7) French

While they may all look alike, those various groups all tried to kill each other within the past 100 years of our founding.

Now the populists killed the Senate and moved that to direct election, which undid some of the wisdom of combining popular election with federated election (aka states elect Senators). All of these were set to counterbalance each other. The idea was the majority rule, but rules were made REALLY HARD to make so thing were not just the whim of a simple majority and minority populations could thwart bad ideas.

Plus the Democrats have really only complained when they LOSE elections. With our current system how many people say "fark it" and don't vote in places l ike California--as a republican what is the point. Same argument could be made for Texas and a democrat vote. But this is not some new scheme we snuck in. Its been in place for 200+ YEARS. Its worked for 200+ years. Losing a few elections, doesn't mean you should change the rules. And that's the problem, the people who want change, don't want change becuase it benefits all, or even most of us. They want change becuase it benefits them and their power.

Why is Washington the greatest President (I will fight you on this)?

Because he said no.

Think on that--he walked away from power knowing he could be predsident for life and the precedent it would set. Would ANYONE in our current system do that? (R) or (D)? That's not to mention stopping a military coup before he became president by pulling out his reading glasses.

I'm rambling, but people need to damn think before they run off and change things to grab a little bit more power.