• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PortaJohn

while i don't excuse her ignorance, it seems like predatory lending.

Years ago the wife and I looked at a Jeep, I am guessing this is early 90's. They are running a $99 for the first year of payments.

Ok lets look, the wife (the smart one of us two) comes up and says, that $99 will not even cover the interest on the loan on this vehicle, what happens to the rest, oh ahhhhh, it is rolled into the principal. To that I say so you mean I am going to have a greater debt each month.

We got invited to leave. A little while later the AG went after this practice.

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
There is no pulling out regardless of what the GOV does unless they dramatically cut spending AND dramatically raise taxes. With the debt being around 122% of the GDP the US is toast.
I think it could still be saved, but what would need to be done would never be done.

Reactions: Samuel Whittemore
Years ago the wife and I looked at a Jeep, I am guessing this is early 90's. They are running a $99 for the first year of payments.

Ok lets look, the wife (the smart one of us two) comes up and says, that $99 will not even cover the interest on the loan on this vehicle, what happens to the rest, oh ahhhhh, it is rolled into the principal. To that I say so you mean I am going to have a greater debt each month.

We got invited to leave. A little while later the AG went after this practice.
The "culture" in America has changed.
Looking at the average American couple.... Neither one is the "smart one".
The vehicles have changed. Crash part are all plastic, snap together. Insurance is much higher.
Consumers can't work on their own vehicles for different reasons.
It takes a lot of money to get an AG off their ass these days.
A USD buy's very little.

Last edited:
dzgx3Q7T5YA6.jpeg

Reactions: 10ring'r and mtrmn