• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PortaJohn

This was in the WAPO yesterday as a commentary for Constitution Day. I highlighted the salient point. What they lament as "a sad commentary on the public’s civic literacy" is actually encouraging.

If someone could please copy their ideas of "civic education" that are mentioned in the links below. My free propaganda access is tapped out.

By Valerie Strauss Reporter
Yesterday at 5:00 a.m. EDT

For years, a respected annual survey of civics knowledge among American adults has provided mocking headlines about the low percentage who can’t correctly name basic constitutional rights or the three branches of government.

The 2021 results are in and more can name the executive, judiciary and legislative branches than at any other time in the survey’s 15-year history (though plenty still can’t). But the bigger news is on a question about the deadly Jan. 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol, staged by supporters of President Donald Trump trying to stop Congress from certifying Joe Biden’s presidential election victory.
Respondents of the annual Constitution Day Civics Survey by the Annenberg Public Policy Center of the University of Pennsylvania were asked whether arresting people who entered the Capitol to disrupt the certification of the presidential election violated the Constitution.

The sobering results: 49 percent said that arresting insurrectionists violated the Constitution because the insurrectionists were only exercising their constitutional right to petition the government for redress of grievances. The breakdown who agreed with this statement: 53 percent of self-identified conservatives, 51 percent of self-identified moderates and 42 percent of self-described liberals.
An equal percentage of survey respondents — 49 percent — said the statement was not accurate and that arresting the insurrectionists did not violate the Constitution.
“It is a sad commentary on the public’s civic literacy that half of the public considers an effort to disrupt the certification of an election an exercise of a First Amendment right,” said Kathleen Hall Jamieson, director of the Annenberg Center.

Massive investment in social studies and civics education proposed to address eroding trust in democratic institutions

Here are more results from the survey:

• Fifty-six percent of U.S. adults correctly named all three branches of government (executive, judicial, legislative), up from 26 percent in 2016, and the highest since the survey began in 2006. (That means that in 2021, a not-insignificant 44 percent couldn’t name them. That would apparently include Tommy Tuberville, a former Auburn football coach who, in November, had just been elected to the U.S. Senate in Alabama and talked publicly about the three branches of the federal government but misidentified them, saying “Our government wasn’t set up for one group to have all three branches of government. … You know, the House, the Senate and the executive.” )
Results of the Constitution Day Civics Survey by the Annenberg Public Policy Center of the University of Pennsylvania.
  • Seventy-four percent named freedom of speech as one of the basic constitutionally protected rights; last year it was 73 percent. Freedom of religion was named by 56 percent — up from 47 percent in 2020. Half of respondents could name freedom of the press — up from 42 percent a year ago — as a right, but only 20 percent named the right to petition the government, up from 14 percent a year ago. Thirty percent mentioned the right of people to peaceably assemble, compared with 34 percent in 2020.
  • The respondents had more trouble understanding the First Amendment with a question about Facebook. Sixty-one percent incorrectly said Facebook — which blocked Donald Trump from its platform after accusing him of using it to “incite violent insurrection” against the U.S. government — is required to permit all Americans to express themselves freely on Facebook under the First Amendment. The breakdown: 66 percent of self-described conservatives said this, as did 61 percent of moderates and 55 percent of liberals. The First Amendment protects citizens from government censorship; Facebook is a private company. Only 35 percent of respondents knew that a U.S. senator’s term is six years and 36 percent knew a representative serves for two years.
  • Asked what it means when the Supreme Court rules 5-4 in a case, 61 percent correctly chose “the decision is the law and needs to be followed.” But only 51 percent of respondents accurately said that the Supreme Court has final responsibility for determining whether an act by the president is constitutional — and they had three choices: the president, Congress or the court itself.
What civics education should really look like

The nationally representative survey was launched in 2006, two years after Congress created Constitution Day, meant to increase Americans’ understanding of their own government. Sept. 17 is Constitution Day, when all schools receiving federal funding are supposed to offer an “educational program” on the Constitution. Congress doesn’t define what that should be, though, and there is no prescribed penalty for schools that do not do it.
Sept. 17 was chosen because it was the last session of the 1787 Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia, during which the final version of the newly written Constitution was signed by 39 delegates.

A surge of interest in the Constitution in the era of Trumpism

The 2021 survey was conducted by SSRS, an independent research company, on Aug. 3 to 8, among 1,007 U.S. adults. It has a margin of error of plus or minus 3.8 percentage points.

After years of national lamenting about the state of civics education, there has been a push by legislatures in many states to improve it. A new initiative called Educating for American Democracy released a road map earlier this year for improving the teaching of social studies, and there is legislation in Congress concerning civics education.

And several months ago, the National Academy of Education, a nongovernmental nonprofit organization that aims to improve education with high-quality research, released a report on what civics education should look like, titled “Educating for Civic Reasoning and Discourse."
It says that beefed-up civics and history classes won’t be enough to prepare young people to engage in national conversations about complex social issues — and that civic learning should be distributed across all content areas from kindergarten to high school graduation.

The Annenberg survey found that in 2021, 59 percent of respondents said they had taken a civics course in high school that focused on the Constitution or judicial system, about the same as in previous years that the question has been asked. Forty-eight percent said they had taken a college course that focused on the U.S. system of government and the Constitution — more than the 38 percent who said they had in 2019 and in earlier years.

F8fD2EdZ.jpeg
That's not really hillary's ankle right? That's a walmart leg right there.

Last edited:
The fact that people think this way just blows my mind. The dimwits in this country have a way of blaming anything that happens to them on someone else. There is zero accountability with anyone on the left. Did they even consider the fact that she could have contracted the China flu from someone that was vaccinated?
People are just FUCKING IDIOTS anymore!! Most of it is utter and absolute willful stupidity because, while it might be harder to find and discern the truth --it is out there. But because they're to afraid or lazy or stupid to even TRY to find it, relying on sources proven time and time again to have greed and self interest above all else, for their news...

They fucking deserve whatever and everything they get. Problem is when their idiocy starts jepordizing ME. And what'd really insane is as I say these very words -- those shit-for-brains are saying the exact same thing about us.

And its only going to get a LOT worse.

BUY. MORE. AMMO.
:ROFLMAO:

I'll leave this here. This is one of my favorite charities. They provide ultrasound to expectant mothers. In most states, an ultrasound has to be performed before a mother can have an abortion.

Pre-born provides the expectant mothers a FREE ultrasound. That sounds counter-intuitive to give an expectant mother an ultrasound just so they can get an abortion but here's what happens.

It is said that 85% of all mothers contemplating abortion change their minds after seeing their baby on ultrasound and even hearing its heart beat.

$140 pays for five ultrasounds. It's a darn good charity.

EDIT: If you donate $140 with 85% changing their minds then you could be saving the lives of 4 babies.

Last edited:
People are just FUCKING IDIOTS anymore!! Most of it is utter and absolute willful stupidity because, while it might be harder to find and discern the truth --it is out there. But because they're to afraid or lazy or stupid to even TRY to find it, relying on sources proven time and time again to have greed and self interest above all else, for their news...

They fucking deserve whatever and everything they get. Problem is when their idiocy starts jepordizing ME. And what'd really insane is as I say these very words -- those shit-for-brains are saying the exact same thing about us.

And its only going to get a LOT worse.

BUY. MORE. AMMO.
:ROFLMAO:

At my daughters soccer game this AM.

People beat their chests over their compliance with Covid restrictions.

Lady loudly talking how while she was in France having a vaccine passport made her feel safe when she went into any place.

Another from Canada loudly talking about how she complied with their "quarantine" on arrival and how it was stressful.

Another Fauci wanna be in his folding chair espousing about spike proteins and immunity like he knew what the fuck he was actually talking about.

I swear the vaccine does not have to be designed to kill......if Fauci came out today and said the new covid requirement is to kill yourself on Monday they would fucking do it.

I was in fucking Lexington.......within a mile of the Green and the common grave of the Patriots killed on the morning of April 19, 1775.

The spinning in the grave sounded like a turbine to my ears.

My daughter scored two goals so there was that.

Lady loudly talking how while she was in France having a vaccine passport made her feel safe when she went into any place.

Another from Canada loudly talking about how she complied with their "quarantine" on arrival and how it was stressful.

Another Fauci wanna be in his folding chair espousing about spike proteins and immunity like he knew what the fuck he was actually talking about.

I swear the vaccine does not have to be designed to kill......if Fauci came out today and said the new covid requirement is to kill yourself on Monday they would fucking do it.

I was in fucking Lexington.......within a mile of the Green and the common grave of the Patriots killed on the morning of April 19, 1775.

I am happy for your daughter. God help us esp after what I just posted above. They're out to kill us all.

Reactions: 10ring'r and MJF
This just in..

Just when you thought vaccine refusal could save you...

Its retarded speak.

Are they suggesting we fear getting a needle - like "Ow it hurts dont stick me with a needle"?

I was reading the "mandate" from my wifes work. It was demeaning and basically patriarchal. "Okay the time for debating the vaccine is over and now its time for you to go and do it".

Fuckers.

I used to live in Lexington, MA. What used to be the cradle of liberty is now an idiot-proof crib for progressive morons. On the 4th of July you are greeted with "Fireworks are illegal" on the electronic highway signs.

Full retard has happened. You can be fired, but required to come to work? Yeah, eat dicks lol.

At my son's game yesterday and the week before there is a more common "fuck the vaccine, Biden and the government" vibe. I do live in a very pro Trump area (thankfully) so I wasn't surprised.

My condolences. I just picked up a second job so I can save up and buy a nice plot of land to the south. I figure by the time I have enough saved for a down payment the market for land/houses will hopefully have dropped some.
A drop is probably going to happen...maybe...eventually, but it won't be to pre covid levels. Housing has gone up so much, that If I bought a house last year in March, a 30% cut in value still wouldn't make you negative. The longer you wait, the more it'll go up, along with everything else..except for your pay. That won't go up on proportion with rising prices/values.

A drop is probably going to happen...maybe...eventually, but it won't be to pre covid levels. Housing has gone up so much, that If I bought a house last year in March, a 30% cut in value still wouldn't make you negative. The longer you wait, the more it'll go up, along with everything else..except for your pay. That won't go up on proportion with rising prices/values.

I'm not sure, it seems there is this pending bubble burst that all the financial gurus seem to keep mentioning. They say it will cause house/land prices to plummet similar to 2008. I don't know if that will happen but I would expect a drop at some point. I agree that it won't be at a lower level as you stated unless a rare deal is found.

I'm not sure, it seems there is this pending bubble burst that all the financial gurus seem to keep mentioning. They say it will cause house/land prices to plummet similar to 2008. I don't know if that will happen but I would expect a drop at some point. I agree that it won't be at a lower level as you stated unless a rare deal is found.
Let’s see if Evergrande has any impact.

The rare deal will be known by the same name it was in 2010 - foreclosure.

Reactions: AngryKoala
Reactions: Forgetful Coyote
There are still a few places in Tardland where there is hope...

View attachment 7706029

Impressive Rochester.

Lots of undocumented gun owners also after Romney revoked everyone's permanent FID in order to collect fees every couple years.

Sadly guessing new gun owners in MA, a few, are buying to protect themselves from 1/6 insurrectionists.

Reactions: Forgetful Coyote
Fucking time for a celebration!! Yeah, woo hoo, yippee the government allowing you to use your constitutional RIGHTS??
Absolutely true we shouldn't have to ask permission... We don't ask permission to speak our mind, so why is #2 any different? I agree completely. But that is a whole other argument. I also realize that 15% is pathetic, but for a state that has the lowest gun ownership in the country, being in the town that has the highest in the state is at least something. Until I can retire and go elsewhere.