• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PortaJohn

Do you really want to get on an airplane ?

• Engine manufacturer CFM International has filed a lawsuit against UK-based supplier AOG Technics for supplying falsely certified components.
  • CFM says is taking aggressive legal action to identify parts sold by AOG Technics with falsified documentation.
  • AOG Technics appears to have engaged in deceptive practices, including fabricating certificates and falsifying employee career histories, prompting airlines and regulators to remove parts supplied by the company.

Do you really want to get on an airplane ?

• Engine manufacturer CFM International has filed a lawsuit against UK-based supplier AOG Technics for supplying falsely certified components.
  • CFM says is taking aggressive legal action to identify parts sold by AOG Technics with falsified documentation.
  • AOG Technics appears to have engaged in deceptive practices, including fabricating certificates and falsifying employee career histories, prompting airlines and regulators to remove parts supplied by the company.
If you have been in the aerospace manufacturing sector for any length of time these stories are not rare. There is a real reason for AS certifications. Even Certain raw materials suppliers have been fined quite a bit for falsifying certs for materials. I have more stories. And it gets far worse.

1694828687255.jpeg

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

If you have been in the aerospace manufacturing sector for any length of time these stories are not rare. There is a real reason for AS certifications. Even Certain raw materials suppliers have been fined quite a bit for falsifying certs for materials. I have more stories. And it gets far worse.
I've been in it long enough to remember when falsifying certs was somewhat of a common practice. Things have changed considerably. I had parts end up in an aircraft because someone in the chain falsified a 17-4 cert for 12L14 and the end customer question why the parts were rusting. :oops: Everything we do is AS now.

I've been in it long enough to remember when falsifying certs was somewhat of a common practice. Things have changed considerably. I had parts end up in an aircraft because someone in the chain falsified a 17-4 cert for 12L14 and the end customer question why the parts were rusting. :oops: Everything we do is AS now.
Had a parts coordinator at my company issue 304 instead of inconel for a balance piston that goes in the hot side of the engine. Was caught by the machinist when the inserts were lasting too long. The parts coordinator was fired when he didn't see the problem with it. They would've probably survived in plant testing but then melted in air. I think they might've even been for a single engine turbo fan plane. Those incorrect parts never made it out of the plant. We are as9100.

Had a parts coordinator at my company issue 304 instead of inconel for a balance piston that goes in the hot side of the engine. Was caught by the machinist when the inserts were lasting too long. The parts coordinator was fired when he didn't see the problem with it. They would've probably survived in plant testing but then melted in air. I think they might've even been for a single engine turbo fan plane. Those incorrect parts never made it out of the plant. We are as9100.
My shop is AS9100. We track EVERYTHING. Even primer and paint certs. there was a local shop that lied on the certs for a rotor mount for a helo. 5 people died. This stuff is no joke, but certain types think this is an OK practice. It isn’t. To say that shop is not in business any longer is an understatement.

Not around here. Everything went from "back to school" directly to "Christmas". Didn't even slow down long enough to smell the pumpkin and mince meat pies...........
Local walmart already has the Christmas decorations out.
New gas cans with the EPA designed nozzles are proof that anything the government touches it fucks up.

Sirhr
One thing for sure, everytime I try to use those epa style cans…

I always wind up spilling more gas (thereby putting more fumes/spillage into the environment) than when I use my old style, well cherished just poor it out of the can, cans. (Our son has these modern cans and I always spill some or have some come out due to the pressure built up.)

Last thought on our wonderful federal government.

Thought I might watch some local news when I woke up this morning. (I suppose “woke” is the key word here). Instead, I am given an enlightenment by the national news media about how we need to convert our school buses to electric (90% are now diesel.) Now, on the onset, that does not seem to be such a bad idea. Routes not much longer than say 30 to 60 miles per trip and plenty of time to get recharged. Than comes the kicker.

Electric buses cost school boards (Read Taxpayers) $375,000 per. Diesel buses cost about 120-150 thousand dollars per. The school districts who’s students utilize school buses the most, then to be less affluent. So, of course, the national government already has passed a multi-billion dollar bill to provide financial assistance to convert. Of course, its not enough, so I suppose, to go green, we gotta go green, save the planet no matter what the cost, what the damage. Open up those wallets wide boys, someone’s gotta give up the green to go green, guess it will be us. DAMN I wish I could go back to the 1960’s.

6599BA51-CF6D-424C-9637-814E0F3A53C8.png

I always wind up spilling more gas (thereby putting more fumes/spillage into the environment) than when I use my old style, well cherished just poor it out of the can, cans. (Our son has these modern cans and I always spill some or have some come out due to the pressure built up.)

Thought I might watch some local news when I woke up this morning. (I suppose “woke” is the key word here). Instead, I am given an enlightenment by the national news media about how we need to convert our school buses to electric (90% are now diesel.) Now, on the onset, that does not seem to be such a bad idea. Routes not much longer than say 30 to 60 miles per trip and plenty of time to get recharged. Than comes the kicker.

Electric buses cost school boards (Read Taxpayers) $375,000 per. Diesel buses cost about 120-150 thousand dollars per. The school districts who’s students utilize school buses the most, then to be less affluent. So, of course, the national government already has passed a multi-billion dollar bill to provide financial assistance to convert. Of course, its not enough, so I suppose, to go green, we gotta go green, save the planet no matter what the cost, what the damage. Open up those wallets wide boys, someone’s gotta give up the green to go green, guess it will be us. DAMN I wish I could go back to the 1960’s.

View attachment 8228485
They should invest the money in bio-diesel tech instead.

View attachment 8228485
Judging by the number of vehicles lined up around the schools I'll hazard a guess and say 90%, maybe more, of parents drive their kids to school in my county now.
I live 12 miles out in the sticks and can't recall the last time I spotted a school bus out this far.
I only see them within or just outside city limits anymore and there ain't more than a dozen kids on a any one of them.
I know it won't happen but it would make better sense to get rid of those big high capacity busses and go to a smaller rig like the 18-20 passenger regional transit busses the county office on aging runs.

There’s a lot of truth in this.

They can’t be a good looking woman so they just make some shit up about whatever the fuck they think are.

Huge self esteem issues out of the freaks and they should be sitting on a couch talking about how fucked up they are
Many of them are obese because they cannot control what they put in their mouth. It’s always someone else’s fault though.

We are beyond screwed.

Even with a full-MAGA administration in charge after 2024, finding and deporting all of those who are already here will be an absolute logistical and coordination nightmare.
smiley_thinking.gif

True. Perhaps deport all those (and their family) who are not contributing to our society. MAGA plan with a twist.
The first place to start is making this country less attractive for those people looking for handouts.

Stop with the freebies. Stop giving people money that don't work and are not physically disabled. Stop feeding people that won't work for their food. Stop socialized medicine.

Recall the well known story of the lady that has lots of stray cats coming on her property. She asked the veterinarian what she could do to keep cats from visiting her property all the time.

The veterinarian asked if she was feeding them. She said yes.

So the veterinarian told her to stop putting food out for the cats and they will eventually go somewhere else.

Stop the unchecked and unlimited welfare programs for everyone; citizens and non-citizens alike.

Even with a full-MAGA administration in charge after 2024, finding and deporting all of those who are already here will be an absolute logistical and coordination nightmare.
smiley_thinking.gif
If they start fining all businesses that employ these people, say $500/person/day. That would be a good start. Give 20% to whistle blowers, that would really get the ball going.

It's also destroying families. I can't count how many families I had to deal with that were "engaged", children from multiple men, but no wedding date. Often for years. All because they wanted the single mom welfare.
Rewarding people for bad behavior is the same as penalizing them for good behavior...

”We’ll pay you to raise kids in a single-mom home, and pay you more if you have more kids, but take that away if you have a man in the home.”

Nah, ya don't say,

Haven't understood why union workers don't understand that the Democrat party traded them, and their jobs, in for elites, global economies, and enviro-fascists at least 25 years ago. Dems just figure they get worker's and minority votes by default. And they appear to be correct. Sad.

The right is the only part of the political spectrum where an American worker can find any support. Maybe.

I will never forget Glen Beck's review of Obama's Dreams of My Father 15 years ago. In the portion where Obama is discussing redistribution of wealth, Glen observed that Obama wasn't really talking about The Rich, he was talking about ordinary Americans (ya know, his constituents), because, from his perspective, we're all The Rich, globally speaking.

Deja Vu
I am ending up with more defective items purchased online.
When I contact the vendor I am getting the same old bull shit excuses I got prior to previous recessions.
1) The "return window" time has expired.
2) We don't send RMA labels. Just send it to us and we will make a determination.
3) Contact the manufacturer. Amazon has side stepped any type of return or warranty. Na Da

I saw this, historically, preceding recessions. Now, sellers have wised up early and are clearing inventory without taking anything back.
That's OK, I will survive. My plan is to just not buy things that will fail. Electronics are # 1 on my list.
I'm sure I am not the only American making adjustments.
Things will be getting worse.

Deja Vu
I am ending up with more defective items purchased online.
When I contact the vendor I am getting the same old bull shit excuses I got prior to previous recessions.
1) The "return window" time has expired.
2) We don't send RMA labels. Just send it to us and we will make a determination.
3) Contact the manufacturer. Amazon has side stepped any type of return or warranty. Na Da

I saw this, historically, preceding recessions. Now, sellers have wised up early and are clearing inventory without taking anything back.
That's OK, I will survive. My plan is to just not buy things that will fail. Electronics are # 1 on my list.
I'm sure I am not the only American making adjustments.
Things will be getting worse.
I bought a hamburger press recently. I didn't use it for a couple of months. When I did, I found that it created hamburger wedges, not flat patties.

I gave a bad review and the seller contacted me and said they will send a call tag for me to return it. The also stated they would send one that was checked and working correctly.

I asked them to send me the new one and I would use the packaging to send them back the defective unit. I went back and forth a couple of times and at one point they said they would send me a replacement when they received more. I told them to send me one when it came in and I would send back the defective one when I received the replacement. Their reply... that's against our policy.

This ain't my first rodeo, so it's out to the shop to modify the one I have to press flat.

I trusted them to send me a working machine, and they didn't. Now they don't trust me to send back the defective merchandise? 'F YOU. The bad review stands.

I bought a hamburger press recently. I didn't use it for a couple of months. When I did, I found that it created hamburger wedges, not flat patties.

I gave a bad review and the seller contacted me and said they will send a call tag for me to return it. The also stated they would send one that was checked and working correctly.

I asked them to send me the new one and I would use the packaging to send them back the defective unit. I went back and forth a couple of times and at one point they said they would send me a replacement when they received more. I told them to send me one when it came in and I would send back the defective one when I received the replacement. Their reply... that's against our policy.

This ain't my first rodeo, so it's out to the shop to modify the one I have to press flat.

I trusted them to send me a working machine, and they didn't. Now they don't trust me to send back the defective merchandise? 'F YOU. The bad review stands.

You know you have a perfectly suitable hamburger press at the end of each forearm.

You know you have a perfectly suitable hamburger press at the end of each forearm.
The same hand that presses that burger will also be pullin' a trigger. Just a matter of time.
Patience.. Keep your powder dry.
While waiting I am perfecting my stir fry skills. Little heat required, no electronics, chop sticks eating right out of the wok....
Use ingredients out the garden, protean can be apple fed deer / quail / chicken or what ever presents itself.
It will get worse.
IMG_0531.JPG