• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Post panic buying. More Creedmoor than 260?

TXMud

Private
Minuteman
Oct 16, 2009
TN
I'm not trying to start a debate between the ballistics of the two rounds or the different types of available brass for each. I know that has been debated to death.

It just seems like on the last few trips to the gun stores that there is more Creedmoor factory ammo and unfired brass on the shelf than 260 Remington which there has been just game cartridges. It also seems like the 120 gr CM is more available online as well. Has anyone else notice this?

I may be totally off but seems to be the case in my area. There also seems to be a ton or 7 mm rem mag.

Re: Post panic buying. More Creedmoor than 260?

Actually, I noticed that too. I've been taking stock of the ammo that doesn't fly off shelf, kind of interesting. You'd be safe to have everything chambered in any flavor of Weatherby
grin.gif

Re: Post panic buying. More Creedmoor than 260?

The safe assumption is that it is such a new round, that not many guns have been chambered in it yet, and therefore there is not a lot of demand. Now if it was originally a remington product, the guns would have been out for 2 years now, and the plant over would have just started producing ammo.
I too have been on the prowl for 260 and 243 brass, and got lucky with 243 brass this morning, but I have come to the realization that I need to load 6.5x55 as I found a metric ton of brass on Friday, and it was $14.99/50 for winchester! I bought all 10 packages they had, and already have a ton of projectiles, so now I have to buy an old Swedish Mauser for fun!