• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Pre-war M70 parts?

Rhongman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 7, 2010
SoCal
I just got a hold of a Winchester M70 Pre-War barreled action in the correct serial number range for a build, but I can't find a stock.
I'm hoping someone on here can lead me in the right direction. I've tried Numrich, GunBroker, and Ebay. Is there somewhere else I should be looking. Thanks

Re: Pre-war M70 parts?

It will be difficult to locate an original pre war M70 stock, and likely expensive when you do. I have seen them at ebay a few times, the really nice ones went for astronomical prices.
If you need something just to shoot I think McMillan still offers a stock that is close and they can cut it for the cloverleaf tang on the pre war action.

Keep watching egay and GB as they do show up.I got mine for $450.Your other option is in this site,but these are definitely hi end collector grade and <span style="text-decoration: underline">very</span> expensive:
http://www.bedlans.com/stocks_&_forearms.htm#WINCHESTER ORIGINAL PRE-1964 MODEL 70 STOCKS
Also write to this seller as he is always listing stocks and parts and has had some real nice pre wars in the past:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Winchester-Model...=item53e91cda8d

The tangs are shaped different on Pre-war M-70s from post war.

Good luck in your search.

Jerry

Thanks for all the tips. I can't believe how much a mint condition stock goes for! The search goes on.

keep looking I found a 49' on the gun broker forum from guy in NY for 75 bucks. the metal buttplate was a little pitted but otherwise was in great shape. I mounted my 56' mod 70 target in it 'Carlos' its my beanpatch whitetail hammer. took a nice onehorn buck with it monday morning. I need another and will put word out for both of us

Great buy, I have a post war M70in 30/06. Nice rifle, especially being that is was my grandfathers that he won at a bowling tournament in the 70's..... too bad you can't win guns anymore.