• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pre-workout drink

rogue308

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 29, 2009
TX
I'm looking for a new drink. I've been doing Endorush for awhile now and love the results. After drinking I want to throw every weight through the roof and run till I puke. The problem is that I'm up to drinking a full bottle to get the desired effect everytime. I've heard this is dangerous and there's only a half dozen warnings on the label saying it's two servings. Not to mention it's a little pricey at around $3 a bottle.

What are you guys drinking to give you that extra little boost?

Re: Pre-workout drink

NO Explode, Jacked 3D, Mesomorph (sp)

Tried and like the first two, have heard good things about the third. Shop around online for best prices. I use Mass Nutrtion and Nutraplanet

Can't touch NOxplode. I get sick just looking at the stuff. I have had the worst experiences with it even taking a very small scoop. It's a little odd considering I've heard the ingredients to NOxplode and Endorush are similar, but I feel no side effects with the Endorush. Friends of mine love it though..

Thanks for the tip. I'll look into the other two.

I use SuperCharge extreme no2. I don't get any side effects from using it.Hemo rage black is pretty potent stuff too!!

Muscle Pharm Assualt, Black Powder, Jacked. Used all and they are pretty similar. Jacked is good since there is less cut and more concentrate. Smaller servings. The bottle isnt huge like the others. Bodybuilding.com ships to Afghanistan and Iraq no problem. Good prices. Fast shipping. Hope this helps.

I'm looking for a new one myself. I gave Superpump Max a try based on recommendations about Gaspari's products. To put it mildly, I spent way more time concentrating on keeping the contents of my bowels inside me while repping than I did on my form. That stuff works better than many laxatives. I'm thinking Hemo Rage Black is next.

Josh

I've tried all kinds of stuff and find that simply a little caffeine 30 min or so pre workout is what works best for me , I'll have a shake 1-1.5 hrs preworkout with a heaping tablespoon of unsweetened coco powder and a scoop of almond butter. Then on my way to the gym drink a diet Mt. Dew or if it's leg day just a 200mg caffeine tab and i'm good to go.
I haven't tried a drink mix yet that didn't either give me awful indigestion during my workout or act as a laxative .

I drink 15g BCAA'S during workout and in the off season I'll mix them in a 20 oz Gatorade G2 for the added carbs during traing

NOexplode diminishes too quick (body builds up tolerance too fast) when i deplyed last time within 3 weeks i didn't feel the stuff anymore and went for 4 scoops..... i missed the gym that day cause i had the shits too bad to do anything

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJones75</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> a little caffeine 30 min or so pre workout is what works best for me , or if it's leg day just a 200mg caffeine tab and i'm good to go.
</div></div>
yes this... jack3d is good... but in all honesty if you want to save a couple bucks... dose up on the caffeine and your good 2 go!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJones75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I haven't tried a drink mix yet that didn't either give me awful indigestion during my workout or act as a laxative.</div></div>

I'm trying BLITZZ right now, and haven't gotten the laxative effect from it (yet) but all the rest of the stuff I've tried has done it to me eventually. Either within minutes or an hour at the most.
Right now I'm only on 1 or 2 scoops. We'll see what happens when I do 3.
I've noticed that I usually have better luck with the pre-workout stuff with a slice of toast and Gatorade.

Pre workout:

3 scoops jack3d
3grams glycien
3grams beta alanine
5grams creatine
3grams lucein (or a BCAA mix if you like)

Intra-workout:

20grams of EAA's

Try it.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shooter65</div><div class="ubbcode-body">all a waste of money. caffeine and honey. </div></div>

A waste of money is a pretty broad statement and sounds a bit uninformed. As for your honey, I understand the concept of you wanting simple carbs for energy, however not everyone wants a insulin spike Pre-workout.

what do you think all the other "pre workout" drinks do?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trevor300wsm</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shooter65</div><div class="ubbcode-body">all a waste of money. caffeine and honey. </div></div>

A waste of money is a pretty broad statement and sounds a bit uninformed. As for your honey, I understand the concept of you wanting simple carbs for energy, however not everyone wants a insulin spike Pre-workout. </div></div>

I use BCAAs. I feel they give me energy. Really if I take them and don't work out I can feel it " working" It's all natural as well.

Caffeine drinks make me crap in the middle of my workout. That's not fun.

Being deployed really makes me have a short tolerance for mixing and making concotions that would save money. Its easier to just get a water bottle, funnel a pre workout mix in, and just hit the gym. I am sure alot of other things might work and save money but for me I dont have that kind of time and patience,lol. I dont mind paying a little extra for a proven supplement that works. Just my opnion. Oh and very true on the laxative effect. Jacked was the only one that didnt do this to me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trevor300wsm</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shooter65</div><div class="ubbcode-body">all a waste of money. caffeine and honey. </div></div>

A waste of money is a pretty broad statement and sounds a bit uninformed. As for your honey, I understand the concept of you wanting simple carbs for energy, however not everyone wants a insulin spike Pre-workout. </div></div>

The body doesn't process honey lime it does the crazy amounts of dextrose in alot of preworkout drinks , it does have an effect on the blood glucose but does not cause a massive spike like a soda would , some goes for fruit.
Just like not all fats are the same
Not all carbs are the same
And
Not all sugars are the same

A nice slow even insulin rise while weight training will help with sustained energy but a very rapid rise will be followed by a rapid drop and that what nobody wants during their training , that dreaded crash

I've been using Myogenix Hypershock. It's pretty good stuff, but in all honesty it doesn't do anything a strong dose of caffeine won't. At least I don't think. I still use it to get every little edge.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tac243</div><div class="ubbcode-body">six pack of coors </div></div>

might just as well drink water!
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shooter65</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tac243</div><div class="ubbcode-body">six pack of coors </div></div>

grin.gif
</div></div>

let me guess you drink the great american sell out...bud??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shooter65</div><div class="ubbcode-body">all a waste of money. caffeine and honey. </div></div>

As a member of the Sioux Honey Association, it would be irresponsible of me not to mention this...

Sue Bee Buzz™

don't drink beer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tac243</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shooter65</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tac243</div><div class="ubbcode-body">six pack of coors </div></div>

grin.gif
</div></div>

let me guess you drink the great american sell out...bud?? </div></div>

good man.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c_bass16</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shooter65</div><div class="ubbcode-body">all a waste of money. caffeine and honey. </div></div>

As a member of the Sioux Honey Association, it would be irresponsible of me not to mention this...

Sue Bee Buzz™ </div></div>

I started using no-explode, it worked well for a while until I built up a tolerance and it started effecting my stomach...I then transitioned to Nano Vapor which yielded good results (just built up a tolerance to after a while), then to Jack3d which was decent but not as effective as the Nano Vapor...I now use Cellucor...Cellucor has been the best stuff i've used to date...I take it 20-30 min before my work out until I can feel the tingling sensation in my arms and my body temp start to rise then go tear it up..

I'm taking a BCAA mixed with a vitamin B complex during my workouts and it works great.

I've taken HemoRage Black and 1MR and I HATE they way that they make me feel (i.e. overly energetic, shaky, etc.).

NO Xplode is NOT what its cracked up to be. Look up something called Supercharged NO by Labarada labs, has KreAlkalyn in it, mix two scoops with a scoop of White Flood from Controlled Labs and two scoops of Xtend amino acids and I promise you that you'll be happy. DO NOT DO THIS IF YOU ARE NEW TO LIFTING/NEW TO PREWORKOUTS!!!!

LOL, my liver can process it just fine. Because I drink water like its going out of style and I'm young. I also run and lift EVERY DAY and have this approved by three M.D.s and a nutritionist. I bet you can't guess what I'm training for...
wink.gif

I am surprised no one has mention Muscle Marinade. This and Hemo rage are probably the craziest stimulant drinks I have ever tried. I won't touch either of them anymore. I was pumping all kinds of weight and had urges to kill everyone, burn down the village, and rape all the women.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Valyndiir</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am surprised no one has mention Muscle Marinade. This and Hemo rage are probably the craziest stimulant drinks I have ever tried. I won't touch either of them anymore. I was pumping all kinds of weight and had urges to kill everyone, burn down the village, and rape all the women. </div></div>

I'll take a case. Deployed right now.

I have used both muscle marinade and hemo rage...was up to two scoops of hemo rage but cant use it at all now, seriously jacks with my heart. muscle marinade didnt do anything but give me extreme cottonmouth. im now using cyto sports fast twitch...decent pumps and focus with no heart problems.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: clj94104</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, my liver can process it just fine. Because I drink water like its going out of style and I'm young. I also run and lift EVERY DAY and have this approved by three M.D.s and a nutritionist. I bet you can't guess what I'm training for...
wink.gif
</div></div>

Olympic pisser?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: clj94104</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, my liver can process it just fine. Because I drink water like its going out of style and I'm young. I also run and lift EVERY DAY and have this approved by three M.D.s and a nutritionist. I bet you can't guess what I'm training for...
wink.gif
</div></div>

A muscle losing contest?

I don't take anything and I have plenty of energy in the morning. I don't trust any of this stuff. If I'm a little tired, I'll have some coffee or an apple on my wY to workout.

Everybody complains about NOxplode giving them the runs faster than an ethiopian chasing a coconut down a hill. I took it for 2 years and sure the first couple of weeks it'd tear me up about 5-10min after drinking it, but after that I couldn't stop lifting/running. The running thing is key as I am a rather hefty(fat) individual. After those weeks though, I had no issues whatsoever.

That being said after a while (~2 years) my body got used to 3 scoops and I didn't get the rush like I used to even after cycling off. I then tried N.O.ignite, Jacked3d, 1.M.R., and Hemo-rage black.

My tastebuds (not my stomach) rejected the first 3. They all tasted very bitter. I got used to NOignite and Jacked pretty quickly (~1 month) and 3 scoops just wasn't doing it. 1.M.R. didn't give me any kind of "buzz" or any particular high energy feeling.

Hemo-rage is what I have ended up on. While it doesn't taste nearly as good as the NOxplode (nothing will IMO), it is at least tolerable. Also while 3 scoops of all other powders were giving me a little extra energy, 1.5 scoops (starting off) jacked me up like the first time I began taking pre-workout powders. It's amazing.

Side-note:
Anyone know of something to mix hemo-rage with to make it taste better?

2 bottles of 5 hour energy extra, before our game tonight, got me yolked till about the 8th inning, then i got a little light headed during last inning, but it didn't stop the mashin!!!

Why don't drink what the soldiers in every war since the civil war drank ? Rock Star !