• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

precision rifles... show em

Re: precision rifles... show em

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Nervous:
<span style="font-weight: bold"> 700 long action, .308 Win, U. S. Optics SN-3 3.2-17x44 moa reticle, McMillan A-2
</span></div></div>Why a 308 win in long action? Just curious.

EITBG-IMG_0017.JPG

I just finished putting this rifle together. It is a Ruger M77 mark II VT 308, with a Houge full aluminum bedding block stock, Farrell rings and base, Nikon 4-16x50 tactical scope, factory barrel and finish. It will consistantly shoot under 1 MOA with Federal gold medal match.
m771.jpg

After a fair amount of waiting and couple of trips back and forth across the country to "get it right", I have finished my first truly custom sniper rifle.

DSC01051.jpg

This rifle started out as a Remington M700 LTR. I parted it out and sold off everything, keeping only the action and bolt (complete with Badger knob).

The action was shipped to Mike Bryant in Wheeler, Texas, along with a Mike Rock 5R barrel blank I picked up from GAP. The barrel has an 11.25" twist.

Bryant did all of the truing work to the bolt and action. He then barreled the action, finishing the barrel at 24".

The barreled action was shipped (along with Badger base and rings and Williams floor plate) to Hateca, who did the MolyResin work in flat black. Very very nice work, I might add.

I picked up a new McMillan A-5 in molded-in woodland camo. I had Randy pillar/glass bed the action to the stock.

The finished product was shipped back and glassed with a Leupold Mark IV 10X with mil-dot reticle. Add-ons include a Harris bipod, Shilen trigger (set at 2 lbs even) and a TIS M24 sling in OD.

DSC01053.jpg

This rifle turned out more nice than I had even imagined. It has had one range trip to the tune of about 100 rounds. As it stands, I've only fired three five-shot groups that weren't a single ragged hole. That's not my prowess on the rifle, ladies and gentlemen!

Many many thanks to Hateca for all of his help on this project. For those of you who have not had the opportunity to have work done by Randy, you are missing out. As a side note, the original gunsmith for this project, for whatever reason, used the Palma reamer to cut the chamber initially. As such, my factory Fed GMM 168grs didn't work. . .to say the least. Since Hateca was already going to have my stick to complete the bedding work, he also used the correct reamer and fixed the problem. Again, hat's off to Randy!

Pics of the targets inbound!

307528.jpg

Rock/GAP .308
Rem 700 SA
Rock 5R M24 barrel
Badger knob, 20 MOA base & rings, bottom metal
McMillan HTG M40A1 (Italian Desert Cammo) pillar bedded
Leupold VXIII 3.5x10 LR M3

307529.jpg

Sendero .300WM
Rem 700 LA
Pillar bedded McMillan A2
Williams steel trigger guard
Badger 20 MOA base & rings
SS16X

307532.jpg

.308 LTR bedded in AICS 1.0
VIAS brake
Badger 20 MOA base & rings
VXIII 3.5x10 LR M3 waiting to be remounted after
Leupold repair of focus.

307986.JPG

Rem. 700 SA 7mm-08
Unmarked 24" 9.25 twist 6 groove barrel with target crown (.750" @ muzzel)
Pillar bedded McMillan HTG M40A1 Stock
Needs scope (obviously) and new base/rings
307533.jpg

Rem 40X (.22LR)
10X Unertl (fine x-hairs with dot)

Heres my kit:
061797.jpg

PSS .308 with leupold 6.5-20
All Badger mounting metal
Hat of invisibility

Photo taken at Rifles only.

This rig worked VERY well out to and including 1000 yards.

Rem 700 VSSF in AICS 1.5
US Optics SN3 3.8-22 x 44 Snipers Hide Edition (much thanks to a board member)
US Optics rings

DSCF0655.jpg

DSCF0656.jpg

DSCF0657.jpg

and...

Bushy Varminter 24" fluted barrel
Nightforce 5.5-22 x 56 NPR1
US Optics Rings
(Prairie Dog Special)

DSCF0659.jpg

DSCF0660.jpg

DSCF0661.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by commanderjb:
<span style="font-weight: bold"> Rem 700 VSSF in AICS 1.5
US Optics rings </span></div></div>You need a stainless bolt knob for that.
laugh.gif

STIBOLT.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Hateca:
<span style="font-weight: bold"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by commanderjb:
Rem 700 VSSF in AICS 1.5
US Optics rings </span></div></div>You need a stainless bolt knob for that.
laugh.gif

STIBOLT.jpg
</div></div>Yeah, I saw that piece of work somewhere else
laugh.gif

but I am planning on going OD or Black over that stainless soon. I still may get you to hook me up on the bolt knob, just have to decide which color
smile.gif

SR-25 to full Mk11 Mod 0 spec, on a custom Bolivian rosewood display stand.

sr25-1.jpg

Looks like a Ford super duty's drive shaft.
It would look uber kool if you had a costum butt assembly made for it out of aluminum/fiberglass.

Here's mine
SSS SVT stock
SSS Comp trigger
SSS Action tuning
SSS recoil lug
Pac-Nor 28" SS Supermatch in .338/300RUM
Ken Ferrel 20moa base and 30mm rings
Luepold 6.5-20x50 illum/TMR
More Pics
4.jpg

Good grief mine is nothing compared to some of your rifles, but it gets the job done.
cool.gif
Picking up a Rem 700 Sendero SF in .300 win mag soon and will tinker with that as well.

Lost all my other pics when I wiped my Harddrive last month, this is all I have for now...

All factory so far. Rem 700 VLS .308 w/Leupold Mounts, and SS10X42 Super Sniper from SWFA.

VLS9turnedsmall.jpg

mkf350, interesting grips on that TACPOD.... Is that a new option from Sharpshooterssupply?

Ok, I'll play. Here's my GAP AR10. Mike Rock barrel, SR25 FF RAS, GG&G 20 moa base, ARMS rings, 4.5x14x50 LR M1, PRI Gasbuster CH and AAC Cyclone suppressor. Shoots like a dream. George is the man!
310379.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by slapshot.308:
<span style="font-weight: bold"> Scoop,

That thing looks like a POS
laugh.gif
. I'll give you $5 dollars for it.... okay $10.

Nice rig :bandit:

-Kevin </span></div></div>Kevin,

Make it $15 and I'll pay the shipping. Just send me an FFL to ship it to. :jesterlol:

By the way, thanks for the compliment
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by ptaylor:
<span style="font-weight: bold"> GAP Tactical, 308, 20" badger. Out for a day of gopher shooting.
</span></div></div>Gotta love those short barreled bolt guns! Got any more pics?
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">mkf350, interesting grips on that TACPOD.... Is that a new option from Sharpshooterssupply?
</div></div>Yes it is how they come now. I like the TacPod better than my Harris.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by SniperVLS:
<span style="font-weight: bold"> Good grief mine is nothing compared to some of your rifles, but it gets the job done.
cool.gif
Picking up a Rem 700 Sendero SF in .300 win mag soon and will tinker with that as well.

Lost all my other pics when I wiped my Harddrive last month, this is all I have for now...

All factory so far. Rem 700 VLS .308 w/Leupold Mounts, and SS10X42 Super Sniper from SWFA.

VLS9turnedsmall.jpg
</span></div></div>Nice looking rifle, indeed! I had a strange feeling when I looked at it, and realized it was because it was a wood stocked rifle.
I like it, and have to admit that I sneak a peek into the safe at my HB Remmy 788 with the walnut stock from time to time, just for a reality check.
wink.gif

Nothing to be ashamed of there. Even if it isn't matte black.
eek.gif
laugh.gif

actually its not all natural wood, its resin-impregnated for a little more durability, but it delivers the same looks.

I need to take more pics, Ill do that this weekend b4 I hit the range.

Ive decided to go with the .338RUM Sendero instead of the .300WM, that will be "darker" stick
laugh.gif

Your reality checks sound like fun, we have it good don't we?
smile.gif

Since my A5 showed up today I can finally post pics, here's my rig.

a5.jpg

Savage 10fp in .308
SSS Trigger
Ken Farrell 20MOA Base
TPS TSR Low Rings
McMillan A5 (60% Med Tan 20% Light Tan 20% Dark Tan)
XOTIC 4-16x56 scope.
Harris Bi-pod

Still have some work to do on it, but I'm liking it thusfar.

This came on the BIG BROWN truck today .GAP rebuilt it with a Schneider #7 Contour barrel,Blueprinted action,Pillar bedded and the all new Badger DBM setup . Its like Christmas in June :p
297598.JPG

www.hunt101.com
[/url][/IMG]

30-06
McMillan BDL stock
Remington 700 LA (trued)
Hart Barrel #5 contour 26" long
Jewell Trigger 1.75#
Leupold 30mm rings
Leupold Long Range Base

I plan to hunt with this rifle this year. I used it in my first F class match last year. We only got to shoot @ 600 yards due to rain, but I shot a 190/200 using 150 grain Sierra BTSP hunting bullets. I think it will do nicely for deer!

Here's my favorite shooter... Thanks, Celt!
b58f4ac6.jpg
4487e1c4.jpg
950711d8.jpg
a5ad50ab.jpg

HD Rifles LRPT-1 - .308 cal

Jeff Hicks custom designed Remington 700 w/Walther 25" crowned barrel. Trued action, oversized recoil lug, and Shilen trigger. Pillar, steel and glass bedded in a McMillan A-5 stock with HS Precision hard use detachable box magazine. Badger bolt knob and rail (20 MOA taper). Harris BR bipod and Starlight rifle case. Schmidt & Bender PMII (Accuracy International model) rifle scope and Badger 34mm rings.

Top GAP "Snipers Hide" 308, 2nd from top: First Gen 26" barrel 308 FN-SPR with VX-III 6.5-20x 50mm M1 Gen 2 from Premier, 3rd from top: Custom Savage 223 single shot, Bottom: GAP "Snipers Hide" 260 Rem. (note: longer barrel than 308) Both GAP rifles have Badger scope rails and rings, Mike Rock 5R barrels, and McMillan Stocks
296937.JPG

I wanted a Tactical Rifle which I could easily use Iron Sights on in the event of a scope failure, or to shoot in "Irons only" matches. I had George turn the Mike Rock 5R barrels to accept the RPA Ladder front sight. He put the indexing rings on both rifles and set so the sight was vertical when in the index notch on the rings. All I have to do is slide the front sight on and tighten with a allen wrench. The Rear RPA "Tracker" sight slips on the Marty Badger 20 deg scope rail.

Here is the front sight view. Note the v notch which indexes the sight correctly.
296936.JPG

Here is the rear sight installed on the M700 George built. Also note rear variable aperture

296934.JPG

296933.JPG

Note how the scope and irons easily move from rifle to rifle. Allen and Torque wrench is all I need to make the swap

296927.JPG

296926.JPG

Here is the .223 Rem Savage set up for 300 yard Bullseye practice. Stock work, bedding and re-cutting chamber (due to an off center line chamber from Savage), and turning muzzle for RPA sight done by Larry Racine. It's my "Mini Palma" and varmint rifle. I plan on adding a 30" 308 "Plama" barrel, a 260 Rem, and a 6 mm BR to round out the "system"

290146.JPG

nuttin fancy:

Left 2 right:
LTR .308 w/ 4.5-14x40 PR TMR Rect
VS .308 w/ 5.5-22x50 NXS MLR
VS .22-250 w/ 6-24x40 Bushnell 4200 Mil-dot
DPMS .308 w/ 10x SS
Armalite AR-10T .308 w/ 4-16x50 Bushnell 4200
Colt CR6724 .223 w/ 4-16x50 Bushnell 4200

The VS with the NXS will be getting a AICS tomorrow.

298325.JPG

My 'precision' rig is still being built. And the 5R awaits glass via the Brown trucks. But the P-dog gun is now ready to rock........

100_1326.jpg

100_1300.jpg

100_1317.jpg

:biggun2:

Apk,

What happend to your Shell deflector? Nice gun, looks like its a PSG Wanna-Be
smile.gif

Nathan

Here are my two rifles.
Remington 308 With 25" Hart bbl., PSS stock, Sightron 6.5X24X40 tactical scope.
GunsAmmo002.jpg

RRA Lower Oly PCR-1 Ultramatch Upper With 20" bbl., Leupold VariX III 3.5X10X40 tactical 1" tube. 400 meter 10 shot group.
GunsAmmo007.jpg

Bought it from another board member recently. It's a HATECA special. Shoots like a dream..

Snip2.jpg

Here's my (precision)COQ carbine..

M4&OPsm.jpg