• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Preferred Barrel Blanks, Lead Time Longer Than Stated

spartan rifles did my 6br. There prefit time is usually quick. I had mine in my hands in two weeks. First five rounds out of the barrel.
87249CE9-D292-4815-9B93-E5A8DC28114A.jpeg

Got an update about 10 days ago that my barrel started getting processed and heard today that it’s a few days out

Yesterday received notice “your barrel is entering production”....after three months
Look for an email in 10-15 business days for another status update

Great....another two week wait

PVA and Kelbly will be getting my business for prefits
Messenger Precision will be my local smith for chambering blanks

Mine went exactly 7 days from "entering production" to "preparing to ship"

If it shoots I'll give them another shot at things. I do prefer to be charged when stuff ships though, not 3 months in advance.

I'd even be okay with a deposit but full price and wait is kinda 🙄

Reactions: DRichardson

If it shoots I'll give them another shot at things. I do prefer to be charged when stuff ships though, not 3 months in advance.

Got an email saying mine was finished yesterday. I could have gone and picked it up but was busy and will be getting it on Monday.

Guess we will see, no faith at all in their estimated times given

Would have been totally ok with a deposit or even 50% up front

So got my barrel Monday, went out and did ladder tests today with a couple different bullet and powder combos. Not that it’s any indication of accuracy and I didn’t get a pic of it but my 10 shot ladder group (.2 grain increase per shot) was hovering at around 1 moa which was cool. Again, not any indication of overall accuracy but pretty cool and makes me hopeful for some small groups with dialed in handloads! Will post more once I get some groups and handloads through it

Reactions: Evlshnngns
Ordered barrel may 15 got the barrel yesterday (Aug 5). Haven't shot it yet but already may have any issue. It was supposed to be a 7.5 twist and that's what the invoice says, but the barrel is marked 1:7. I emailed them and am waiting for their response.

Order placed may 19th...finally arrived yesterday. We shall see how it shoots

I'm new to this site. I joined because of this discussion about PBB. I ordered a PBB barrel on July 10 th. At that time, the delivery was guessed at 5-6 weeks(or longer). Seems they should have known at that time that 10-12 weeks would be more likely. Lemme do some math here 2x5=10 2x6=12 uh that's double their estimate. I saw the reports here and there about 1/2 moa and after seeing it might be 6-8 weeks I placed an order. Well heck if the barrel is really good I'd say I'll accept the later delivery. I an old guy (75)who tries to buy ripe bananas.
BTY I've ordered a SS Remage barrel in 222 remington magnum (old and forgotten great caliber).
An older guy posted on Youtube his 222 remington 700 hvy barrel shooting really tight groups .2!!

If I can get that grouping I'll wait 4 months without calling them.

So what am I to expect ? Can I get a reply from those of you who got theirs?

Thanks in advance

Reactions: DJ 480 and cm1021
After placing order. They emailed me when it went into production (about week 8) and again when it was finishing (week 9) then final shipping info ( week 10).
I'm new to this site. I joined because of this discussion about PBB. I ordered a PBB barrel on July 10 th. At that time, the delivery was guessed at 5-6 weeks(or longer). Seems they should have known at that time that 10-12 weeks would be more likely. Lemme do some math here 2x5=10 2x6=12 uh that's double their estimate. I saw the reports here and there about 1/2 moa and after seeing it might be 6-8 weeks I placed an order. Well heck if the barrel is really good I'd say I'll accept the later delivery. I an old guy (75)who tries to buy ripe bananas.
BTY I've ordered a SS Remage barrel in 222 remington magnum (old and forgotten great caliber).
An older guy posted on Youtube his 222 remington 700 hvy barrel shooting really tight groups .2!!

If I can get that grouping I'll wait 4 months without calling them.

So what am I to expect ? Can I get a reply from those of you who got theirs?

Thanks in advance

Hobart1, I was one of the one's that got in the mix up of having a longer than expected wait time. I want to say it was right at 10 weeks for me. When I got the barrels I was kind of underwhelmed to tell you the truth. The biggest negative for me was a SUPER tight headspace on an origin shoukdered pre fit that I ordered. Wouldn't take a go gauge. I emailed PBB and they were super fast to respond with a phone call. I knew what they were going to tell me so not sure why I emailed them honestly.

They wanted me to ship the barrel back WITH my action on their dime and they would get it resolved. I didn't want to go that route as I am trying to get the rifle ready for hunting as well as before I move.

I did some measuring and found it was under by about .002-.003". I have brass that will chamber for my handloads but factory is hit or miss. I haven't found any Hornady thus far that will fit.

Now onto the good. I found some S&B 140gr that would fit and bought up 100 rounds to get the barrel broken in. So far I have only shot it at 100 yards. This is what it produced. 10 shots @100 off a bipod and rear bag, factory S&B 140gr FMJ BT.

View attachment 7408132

It honestly blew my mind. So far I have 73 rds through it and plan on putting at least 75 more factory rounds this week as well as starting some load development. I'm still on the fence right now. For the price it's not a BAD barrel but if i would have spent a little more I could have gotten a better "finished" barrel from a known manufacturer.

Sorry for the wall of text but I wanted to share the negative AND the positive things I've found. Ill try to remember to update at the end of the week what I've worked out
Thanks for your reply!
I am having them pull my barrel on my 1966 remington 700 222 and put on a remage barrel so head space should be no problem.
I'll check it! Anyway thanks for the disclosure
The big question!
Was the 1/2 moa consistent or was this a one in 10 tries group?
I'm thinking of getting that 6.5 CM soon!

Since the Jun-Aug vent/rant session, has anyone from that time frame received their PBB barrels? How are they shooting?

I ordered one during the last week of December and fully expect a 10-16 week wait and have no issue with that if the barrel performs. In the past 2 years, the 3 barrels I've ordered from CBI have taken well over their 10-12week lead time.

Reactions: Earnhardt