• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Premier 3-15 on AI AEMKII

schwim

Private
Minuteman
Oct 17, 2010
Michigan
I understand that this rig requires some milling of the 18 MOA AI base to accomodate the erector housing, but can't seen to find details, even with the Google search. Can someone give me a link or otherwise fill me in on what needs to be done to make this work? Thanks

Re: Premier 3-15 on AI AEMKII

The bottom of the erector housing is too plump, the top of the mount between the rings needs to be milled.

Many AI dealers have deals with local machine shops and they can sell you a milled mount and save you lots of hassle. I know Mile High can and I'm sure other hide sponsors can too.

Jason

Thanks, does anyone have a pic or schematic of the milling required? I've seen it's about .06 inch of material to be removed. Has anyone done it themselves? What machinery is required?

If you don't already have the 18MOA rings, you could just purchase the 45MOA rings from AI. The PH will drop right in there and will have plenty of adjustment left over to zero at 100yds. I realize you didn't ask about this, but I thought I should throw it out there. Best of luck with however you decide to proceed.

Thanks Kimo, that helps. Yes brasscow, I already have the 18.