• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Private event @ Arena Training Facility in Blakley GA

Gertvr

Private
Minuteman
Oct 28, 2021
Roswell GA
Good Morning,

I am renting the UDR range at Arena facility for the weekend of June 18th & 19th. Looking to put together a group of 20-30 shooters and I have a few spots open for folks who want to join. The cost for the weekend will probably be between 100-200 for the range depending on how many folks confirm and 120/night accommodation on campus (limited availability). If you are interested please let me know via PM or respond to the thread.

I have never been there before and are getting prepped to shoot a mile and beyond. If you have any tips for the facility, or for shooting a mile the first time , please let me know so I can disseminate it to the group.

Cheers
Gert

Last edited:
Reactions: FimRire RongLifle
My ELR mentor just shot the recent match. My wifes birthday is that weekend so I'm out otherwise I'd drag the iveytron over there. I've never shot there but its on the list for sure.

hey Gert,
Just posting this since it gives the town/state. I wish I was near GA, sounds like a great time.

Long Range shooting at Arena in Blakely GA​

Reactions: Gertvr
hey Gert,
Just posting this since it gives the town/state. I wish I was near GA, sounds like a great time.

Long Range shooting at Arena in Blakely GA​

Yes, thank you for doing that, oversight on my end since I'm from GA
My ELR mentor just shot the recent match. My wifes birthday is that weekend so I'm out otherwise I'd drag the iveytron over there. I've never shot there but its on the list for sure.

No worries If this is successful, will do another one in the late fall. On a different note how do you like the Ivey base? I have an ERATAC but haven't used the adjustment past 40MOA yet.

Reactions: rlsmith1
They have all kinds of huge guns there that they rent out and shoot. I'm not sure where the 50 cal stuff is allowed to be shot ect... but I know they shoot em there.
Think they’ll let me shoot some Raufoss at their plates?

Think they’ll let me shoot some Raufoss at their plates?
I doubt they will let you shoot at their regular plates with big stuff but they might have some plates that will handle it. It'd an absolutely massive place and they have anything and everything you can imagine for training. Also. I'm sure they shoot their big boys at something. You can call and ask em. Everyone I've met there has been super nice and just cool folks

• Haha
Reactions: TheHorta
What’s the purpose of this meetup/rental? Is this basically like their open range days? You’ve rented the UDR range and are offering people the chance to join in, or is there a planned course of fire? Only ELR stuff, or can ppl do positional stuff inside of 1k?

Just trying to understand why you’d rent the range vs just going to their open range day weekends.

50’s are shot there; but like most places, AP/API ammo isn’t allowed. My better half shooting a .50cal on a previous trip there. CC324B54-61E2-4632-8328-D6240D82FDEA.png

Reactions: TankFrank
What’s the purpose of this meetup/rental? Is this basically like their open range days? You’ve rented the UDR range and are offering people the chance to join in, or is there a planned course of fire? Only ELR stuff, or can ppl do positional stuff inside of 1k?

Just trying to understand why you’d rent the range vs just going to their open range day weekends.

50’s are shot there; but like most places, AP/API ammo isn’t allowed. My better half shooting a .50cal on a previous trip there.View attachment 7842457
A few friends and I decided, since we have never shot beyond 1K, basically newbs to ELR, to go spend a weekend at a range that has more than 1K (shortage in GA) and see how far we can get with the equipment we have and use the weekend to gain knowledge and experience and if possible shoot a mile and beyond. To help pay for the range fees we are opening this up for other shooters to join figuring there will be accomplished ELR shooters (new people we can meet) that will join that can give us pointers/tips to improve. Also good for confirming dope etc. No specific course of fire, you can shoot where ever they have steel set out. This is will be equal sharing in range costs and the cabins on campus are available for rental as well.

In the future we will join open range days but we did this so we can learn and have a fun weekend shooting without being total dopes in an open range day as newbs.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoeM
I’m only 2 1/2 hours away. When do you need to know by? June is an extremely busy season for my business so I probably won’t know until a few weeks before if I’d be available.

I’m only 2 1/2 hours away. When do you need to know by? June is an extremely busy season for my business so I probably won’t know until a few weeks before if I’d be available.
Probably by Mid May, hope that is enough time. There might be spots open later as we need to be between 20-30 shooters and don't know until folks pay their range fees

I'm a new poster here but we helped Joe run the light class two times at arena .

The largest support part for elr and having the most fluid day imho is visibility. Rocking the big binocs especially past 1500 and camera or indicator lights to speed up feedback on some elr target goals.

I'd cap at 20 or less if you care what I think. Reasons are covered lanes in Georgia June and shooter spotter interactions space as well as targets as a starting consideration.

Not trying to discourage rather the opposite we would probably like to go if permitted and we can get out RV spot lol.
Al

Thank you Al,

Don't think any RV spots are booked yet from what I heard, so you are good to go. I have requested their camera system for the 1 mile and think there is more positions to the back of the range that has cameras. Will find out about the indicator lights and possibly extending the weekend to include 1/2 of Friday 17th as well. There will be some of the Arena's spotting scopes available and will also find out about breakfast, lunch and dinner at the facility.

The town bar works for dinner also for a more on your own type of approach. We only did lunch vendor for ELR events to keep the day moving smooth. As long as people know the parameters its cool. Like bring all your food for lunch / a vendor is coming etc.

Good Morning,

I am renting the UDR range at Arena facility for the weekend of June 18th & 19th. Looking to put together a group of 20-30 shooters and I have a few spots open for folks who want to join. The cost for the weekend will probably be between 100-200 for the range depending on how many folks confirm and 120/night accommodation on campus (limited availability). If you are interested please let me know via PM or respond to the thread.

I have never been there before and are getting prepped to shoot a mile and beyond. If you have any tips for the facility, or for shooting a mile the first time , please let me know so I can disseminate it to the group.

Cheers
Gert
I would like to confirm 3 spots for Sunday the 19th
Please reply

Good Morning,

Cheers
Gert
Do you have any open spots left for Sunday the 19th?

I am not sure about Sunday only spots yet, The full weekend participants need to commit in the next couple of weeks, there will most likely be but I just don't know yet.

For those who will be joining for the weekend, please confirm via PM and I will send you the link for the payment portal and the roster.

not sure how to pm you
New to the site
Please let me know when you can about Sunday 19th
We currently shoot ELR competitions and have attended several times at Arena
Hope to have a new 37 XC build together by that time
Would like to attend
We’re only 2 hours from there
So can just come in for the day or possibly for both days
Thanks

not sure how to pm you
New to the site
Would like to attend
Thanks
Serious hardware....

After a crazy few weeks at work here is a long overdue update on the Blakely Arena weekend.

1) I got feedback on opening the range on Friday to start shooting early. They might have done this free in the past but no more we have to rent the range for another day or 1/2 day. To keep the cost down and since most people might be traveling on Friday already, 1/2 day at $489 might be an option, again depending on the number of folks this could be around $24 additional to the range gees if all commit, or some higher number depending on the number of those that are willing to do that. I don't want to commit to this extra 1/2 day yet as some might not want that option.

2) Irrespective of 1 above I need to start collecting range fees for the weekend. I have 3 so far that are paid up. Please start sending me your range fees $170 to PP F&F at [email protected] or CashApp $IrokoProperties as soon as possible as we need to get this wrapped up.

3) I have 19 shooters on the roster with about 10 that are currently maybes

4) There is a possibility for getting a lunch vendor let me know if anyone is interested in that.

5) There are still on campus bungalows available, book them directly on the Arena website and looks like each of us will settle that bill when we sign in there for the weekend.

6) There are some experienced ELR competition shooters that will be joining as well, which is very good for noobs like myself.

7) There was a suggestion from one of the participants for a fundraiser for fallen snipers: " If interested in having a fundraiser for fallen sniper fund there is a game we play at a mile with a target and toss in money for x number of attempts and hits earns you a patch. The liberty bell is a mile fun target shoot and Shawn that runs that holds multiple fundraiser mile events every year. He is likely up for it and it adds a target if it acceptable with you."

Most important:
a) please send me you range fees, b) let me know if you are interested in starting shooting on Friday, c) let me know about lunch and d) if you want to participate in the above fundraiser.

Rgrds
Gert

not sure how to pm you
New to the site
Would like to attend
Thanks
Ok, I will put you up for 3 on Sunday 19th range fee will be 1/2 i.e. $85. Please send it to the above PP F&F email and email me your names and phone numbers so i can get you on the roster

For those who are interested to shoot at Arena UDR time is running out, contact me as soon as possible. Looks like we will be renting the UDR 1/2 day on Friday as well.

For those who are interested to shoot at Arena UDR time is running out, contact me as soon as possible. Looks like we will be renting the UDR 1/2 day on Friday as well.
Unfortunately I just saw this and cant make this trip. But if it goes well and you consider a fall trip, I am definitely interested.
I have started following you and will follow up on how it went. I was/am interested in doing the same exact thing with some friends.
Have an awesome trip!

I’m stuck at fort Stewart that weekend and that’s definitely a go to on my list if you do this again by all means post and I’ll try like hell to be there

Here is some feedback from the Arena weekend:

Started midday Friday through Sunday evening. Conditions were not terrible but hotter than the blazes 98, 99.9, 97 in the shade and humidity around 45-50% which made it bearable with the light breeze.

We ended up being around 17-20 people which turned out to be a good number as someone mentioned earlier. (didn't use the tower) The hardware ranged from 22LR all the way to 33XC, 416 & 460 Steyr, and the .400+ made hits out to 2300 yds.

Wind was not that bad but ever present except for 2 evenings where it was perfect shooting conditions with no wind or mirage.

My objective and most of the folks there was to hit the "1 mile" (1714 yds) target. Most were shooting 6.5 CM, a couple of 338 LMs, a 300 Win Mag, a couple of 300 PRCs. and a few 33XCs.

Things that I didn't know was possible but happened

1) Hitting1223 yds repeatedly with 16" AR15 using 77gr IMI Razor Core ammo
2) Me hitting 1950yds with 300 PRC and just off the edge of target at 2100yds (barrel got hot and had to stop)
3) Bad mirage making it very difficult to see the target, splashes and hits even with high $$ spotting scopes and good glass rifle scopes.

Takeaways for me in my journey in becoming a better marksman
1) reading wind and calling it is 80+% of successful ELR shooting
2) true up your ballistics solver early
3) shooting 1900+ yds with an adjustable base is way easier than trying to hold for both wind and elevation in no-man's-land on the scope, glad I invested in an EraTac
4) dial your turrets until you are able to make small adjustments consistently holding
5) if visibility becomes bad stop wasting bullets

Thank you to everyone that joined us, it was a great group of people that made it a success (at least in my opinion) and most of us learned a lot from the more experienced ELR competition shooters and their spotting skills, wind calls and holds.

In all it was worth it, will do it again.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChidJ
Gert.
You forgot to mention one important point. Friends do not let friends shoot a 6.5 Creeeeeeeeeeeeeedmoooooooooor at "distance" especially at "The Arena". The 6.5 creeeeedmoooor fanboys found this out the hard way:):)

EJ

Last edited:
What's weird is those big calibers weren't that much more reliable other than seeing your misses easier

I had a great time with great shooters I hope you arrange another shoot, I'll definitely come along

Gert.
You forgot to mention one important point. Friends do not let friends shoot a 6.5 Creeeeeeeeeeeeeedmoooooooooor at "distance" especially at "The Arena". The 6.5 creeeeedmoooor fanboys found this out the hard way:):)

EJ
Coming from the 30grrrr8 fanboys, see a shoot-off in my crystal ball...

Coming from the 30grrrr8 fanboys, see a shoot-off in my crystal ball...
I am ready anytime, just say when:). It will be enjoyable seeing the 6.5 creeeeeeedmoooooor fanboys get butt hurt when the 200gr SMK goes to work... I predict 3....0.....GREAT for the win! I will assimilate a 3..0..GREAT team and you do the same with the 6.5fanboys.....its game on:):):).

I am ready anytime, just say when:). It will be enjoyable seeing the 6.5 creeeeeeedmoooooor fanboys get butt hurt when the 200gr SMK goes to work... I predict 3....0.....GREAT for the win! I will assimilate a 3..0..GREAT team and you do the same with the 6.5fanboys.....its game on:):):).
It is on............it's on Like Donkey Kong :cool::cool::cool:

Are we doing this again?
Good Morning,

Yes, I have not gotten around to post it on SH yet, I have the weekend of October 21 reserved, same format as last time. Will create a new thread for that, and I hope to get the 308/6.5CM thing resolved then.

Gert

Good Morning,

Yes, I have not gotten around to post it on SH yet, I have the weekend of October 21 reserved, same format as last time. Will create a new thread for that, and I hope to get the 308/6.5CM thing resolved then.

Gert
Looking forward to it!