• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Procission rimfire

hogkiller#1

Private
Minuteman
Jul 21, 2018
I bought a Ruger precission.22 caliber it’s my first target type rifle. What mount and optics would you recommend? I’m not wanting to go over $600 also my 12 year old grandson will be shooting it with me.
Thanks for your help

For a great dollar / quality value I really like the Primary Arms 4-14x 44 mil/mil dot. It comes in at around $230 and it’s a very nice scope for that price point. I use seekin rings , Area 419 rails, and this Primary Arms scope on all of my CZ455 student rifles that we use in our .22 rifle course here. I want all of the student rifles to be set up exactly the same and cost was a consideration when building them.
You may also find a great deal on a used scope that was $1000 new but is for sale on here used for $500 or so? I’ve bought many used scopes here and all have been in excellent condition.

Belligerents, It's been quite awhile since your recommendation. I ended up getting the Primary arms 4-14x44 Mil/dot. and I love it. I'm getting 1/2 inch groups at 50 yards. I just bought a second Ruger precision rimfire in 22 caliber. It's going to my 13 year old grandson this Saturday for his 13th birthday. Can't wait to go to the range Sunday and have a friendly competition with him and my friend who has the same rifle. These rifles are great, and the scope you recomended is very nice. I picked mine up on Ebay with a set of Burris mounts, it was $225 with shipping.

Reactions: 10xk9 and JKW70