• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PSA M110 clonish rifle

I will say it looks good! I'll chance the barrel shooting mediocre. It ran my reloads great but was only a few rounds. I'll shoot groups and check function tomorrow with 100 rounds. It pairs fine with a DPMS lower in case anyone was wondering.
20231009_173707.jpg
20231009_172833.jpg

You can get an ArmaLite DEF10 for less than the PA-10. ArmaLite has an awesome BCG design and standards with QC, decades of pyramid testing and military contracts to back up their rifles.

It's not Gucci enough for most here...I bet many who turn their nose up at them have never shot one.

Reactions: bfoosh006
you couldn't give me a rig from psa

why, just why waste your money. Guns are cheap, buy up NOT down

Does anyone else cringe when you see Jamin’s company pushing an M110 clone? A rifle @$1400.00 MSRP they actually claim is competitive with higher end manufacturers…

Reactions: RUTGERS95
Before the Karens unite here, not everyone takes this platform seriously in terms of accuracy or use in the civilian world. No one is going to battle. No one said clone. No one said just as good. Most have other very nice rifles for what they need them for. If your mad that I didn't spend $30,000 for a platform that still doesn't shoot as good as my bolt action, then well... no one cares really.

Before the Karens unite here, not everyone takes this platform seriously in terms of accuracy or use in the civilian world. No one is going to battle. No one said clone. No one said just as good. Most have other very nice rifles for what they need them for. If your mad that I didn't spend $30,000 for a platform that still doesn't shoot as good as my bolt action, then well... no one cares really.
Calm down Karl…. It’s titled with the word clownish which I’m guessing describes it as a clone perhaps. I’m day drinking already so give or take… We all know it’s not a KAR… Your PSA rifle has come along way and I’ve been impressed with the R&D that actually went into it. Shooters are still reviewing it and as you, will let the world know how well the inexpensive rig operates. Be nice to know what breaks and how it broke and actual causes of component malfunctions and failures!!!
With that said, carry on, keystroke on, etc…

Cheers
IMG_5939.jpeg

Last edited:
Calm down Karl…. It’s titled with the word clownish which I’m guessing describes it as a clone perhaps. I’m day drinking already so give or take… We all know it’s not a KAR… Your PSA rifle has come along way and I’ve been impressed with the R&D that actually went into it. Shooters are still reviewing it and as you, will let the world know how well the inexpensive rig operates. Be nice to know what breaks and how it broke and actual causes of component malfunctions and failures!!!
With that said, carry on, keystroke on, etc…

CheersView attachment 8245689
Yes OP titled it as a part of his description of the rifle, which is much different than the manufacturer claiming it to be a clone.

But yes, if this thing breaks, doesn't shoot, etc, then I want to post it. I'm not defending PSA or bashing them, I'm just trying to validate a good deal if there is one. I'm not in a specific camp here, just resistant to those who bash based off their presumptions.

Reactions: Screach and rpoL98
What is going on with the Armalite webpage ?
If I go to the parts section, it redirects me to "Everygunpart.com" ?
https://www.armalite.com/Armalite/Product-Category/M-15EA-15-Parts-Accessories

And even then, the parts for a AR10, are pretty sparse ?

The everygunpart is legit. And yeah parts are sparse. They used to make a neat quad rail that was a dead ringer for the older KAC design but they stopped at least 15 years ago. 308 barrels were more available too.

Does anyone else cringe when you see Jamin’s company pushing an M110 clone? A rifle @$1400.00 MSRP they actually claim is competitive with higher end manufacturers…

It's obviously not competitive but I still think it's hilarious that people are getting butthurt over PSA trying to get into the "clone" craze.

Yes OP titled it as a part of his description of the rifle, which is much different than the manufacturer claiming it to be a clone.

But yes, if this thing breaks, doesn't shoot, etc, then I want to post it. I'm not defending PSA or bashing them, I'm just trying to validate a good deal if there is one. I'm not in a specific camp here, just resistant to those who bash based off their presumptions.
presumptions???? are you high, there is a litany of examples, reports, etc etc etc out there that does in fact demonstrate that psa sucks hot garbage

next......

presumptions???? are you high, there is a litany of examples, reports, etc etc etc out there that does in fact demonstrate that psa sucks hot garbage

next......
wow triggered much?
you dont like psa? you dont like the rifle?

show us on the doll where PSA touched you.

are you just trolling or being a drama queen? you know this isnt the bear pit right?

are you just one of the "dont like what I dont like" crew? or just wanting to create drama?

Reactions: bfoosh006

and in case if you don’t know the bolts for the A and zB models are the same, the only differences between the two are the receivers and bolt catch.
I must be blind! Not sure how I didn't see it under the parts section.

Well that's something at least. I have a LaRue big block lower kicking around I need to do something with. A cheap Armalite upper might be the ticket. Is there any different in barrel compatibility between the Armalite AR10 and most of the other large frames? I know I've read that supposedly the DPMS spec barrels do not work properly with some of the SR25 pattern guns like LaRue or Knights uppers and BCGs.

No real difference, I have a DPMS Lothar Walther barrel on one of my Armalites. I checked the headspace with my Armalite bolts and all were G2G. I sold the DPMS bolt that came with the barrel.

Ran about 80 rounds through it so far with just a quick load I threw together (41.4 h4350, 140 bthp, and used old Hornady brass) and it functions perfectly so far. These loads also were for quantity, so they were within a tenth of a grain and not .02 like my precision reloads. No failures, it locks back after last round, and ejects at 3-5 o'clock. I'll do more precise load development after 100 rounds of break in. Here are some 5 shot groups, all about .5 to .75. This is much different than shooting a bolt gun! Some of these flyers were me for sure, but if it keeps showing promise, I'll lock tight the barrel to help tighten things up. I'll buy some match factory ammo (Berger 130s, Federal gmm 130/140, and maybe Hornady) and see how they do as well.

Love this thing.

Attachments

• 20231011_175251.jpg
    20231011_175251.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 117
  • 20231011_190603.jpg
    20231011_190603.jpg
    309.7 KB · Views: 128
  • 20231011_190626.jpg
    20231011_190626.jpg
    331.5 KB · Views: 91
  • 20231011_190615.jpg
    20231011_190615.jpg
    298.2 KB · Views: 129
wow triggered much?
you dont like psa? you dont like the rifle?

show us on the doll where PSA touched you.

are you just trolling or being a drama queen? you know this isnt the bear pit right?

are you just one of the "dont like what I dont like" crew? or just wanting to create drama?
no just realistic

you guys are a riot, the irony in your post is classic. You guys need to go back to arfcom where you may be welcome. Go peddle your bs and budget crap there

• Wow
Reactions: rpoL98
no just realistic

you guys are a riot, the irony in your post is classic. You guys need to go back to arfcom where you may be welcome. Go peddle your bs and budget crap there
wow.... and you speak of irony.....

did you not read the thread title?

here is some advice sweetie, if you dont like a subject, you dont have to click on the thread and read it. you prolly dont understand what I mean now, but when you grow up, I promise it will make sense. not everyone has to like what you like, mmmkay?

fucking drama queen.

You heard it here.....
If you don’t want to spend Rolls Royce or Lambo kind of money on that car you drive to work - you are an idiot.

How fucking DARE you people buy anything else with your hard-earned money.

And worse yet, you insist on talking about it where the Lamborghini or nothing people can see it!

Ran about 80 rounds through it so far with just a quick load I threw together (41.4 h4350, 140 bthp, and used old Hornady brass) and it functions perfectly so far. These loads also were for quantity, so they were within a tenth of a grain and not .02 like my precision reloads. No failures, it locks back after last round, and ejects at 3-5 o'clock. I'll do more precise load development after 100 rounds of break in. Here are some 5 shot groups, all about .5 to .75. This is much different than shooting a bolt gun! Some of these flyers were me for sure, but if it keeps showing promise, I'll lock tight the barrel to help tighten things up. I'll buy some match factory ammo (Berger 130s, Federal gmm 130/140, and maybe Hornady) and see how they do as well.

Love this thing.
Hey that's not too shabby!

I worked up a load with the 123 ELDs and Varget and took them out to 600 yards yesterday. At 39.60 grains they were moving at about 2900 with an SD of about 7, and grouped pretty well at around .5" at 100 (flyers still occurring so I need to get this barrel glued in).

At 450 yards I was able to smack the 30 point target which is a sledge hammer head 3 out of 5 times. Out of another 70 rounds, no failures of any kind and locked back every time. It's running great at a total of about 150 rounds.

The Federal GMM 130s wasn't great with 24 SD and can't remember the ES, but wasn't good. I'll buy Berger factory ammo to try next.

This rifle still doesn't feel like a bad purchase by any stretch. Probably going to buy another one and make it a 6 Creed. The fit and finish is fantastic, and the BCG is quality as it is probably a Toolkraft.

Okay EV, here’s that sobering moment realizing your PSA M110 clone is a Creed….
I’m having a glass of Woodford now and offering my condolences to all of that wasted Varget.
But cheers to you and congrats on your success with this project!

Local Alcoholic

Okay EV, here’s that sobering moment realizing your PSA M110 clone is a Creed….
I’m having a glass of Woodford now and offering my condolences to all of that wasted Varget.
But cheers to you and congrats on your success with this project!

Local Alcoholic
Na man, it's not a m110 clone. It's a tan large frame AR.

But honestly, it's the first time I ran a Varget load in a CM and I'm digging it. Single digit SD and uses less powder than h4350. I've always been a fan of it tho. I'm working up h4350 loads to test at just under 44 grains. I'll see how it does and buy some Scenars to try as well.

Last edited:
I picked one of these up about a month ago. I loved the initial fit and feel. I opted for the 20" 308 billet version. I already had an ASR muzzle device, scope and mount waiting for this thing before it shipped. Once received I felt really impressed with the controls and look. I immediately took the 3 prong flash hider off and clocked the brake. I mounted up a Bushnell LRTSi 3-12 and was ready to go. After a good cleaning and lube, I set out for initial shots.

I loaded up some 152gr controlled chaos loads and proceeded to try a few out of each mag, making note of election and hold open. It was sporadic and I ended up running the gas system wide open to get function, even suppressed. I would consistently get good shots until about 4 left in the metal mags. Little depressed.

I emailed PSA with a claim and they got right back with a return label. I asked if they would mind sending over what they would like me to do as I do machine work up here in Maine. They were comfortable with sending me parts as I sent them pictures and descriptions. They had me hone the chamber lightly with 800 grit to remove any burrs, inspect the bolt and send close up photos. Measure the barrel and gas port as well as show the side of the magazines empty as the springs have been installed backwards.

I found the barrel port to be .098" and the gas block to be 0.120". They had me open up the barrel port to 0.100" in which I ended up at 0.101" due to it being the closest numerical bit I had.

This upon reassembly put my gas settings perfect. I was nearly closed off running my form 1 10" baffle type can and about 2 more clicks open for no can.

I told them I'm still getting failure to feed routinely on the last couple rounds and insisted that the mags are the cause. They sent a new extractor spring and o ring. I told them I would buy the mags if they had tan PMAGs in stock.

Well, they send me 3 for free. Problem totally fixed.

I did my first long range day today with this gun and upon sighting in, I found the groups to be approx 1 moa. This was routinely validated over greater distances as the day progressed.

I shot at 100, 300, 418 yards with great effect and 100 percent reliability. From there I moved out to 495, 770 and 846 yards. All were easily 100% hit rate with a 2-5 mph variable wind in a 168DA.

We then went to a 1046 yard target with 14.8 mils of elevation and were getting roughly 50 percent (4 out of 7 hits as I observed my friend taking shots to try it) hit rate on ipsc 18x30 steel. We were impressed as the wind was picking up and the gun was piping hot with over 80 rounds through it in approx 35 minutes.

I brought the rifle home and completely lost that buyer's remorse and am proud we worked through it. Continued to shoot with my brother for two hours.

In review, it was under gassed - now is perfect, the metal mags are paper weights, PSA made it right, PMAGs work, 168fgmm is consistently good and the 165 fusion hunting loads aren't much over 1moa, the trigger is completely fine, however, quite light and will double without a good shoulder weld and if you elbow is resting stationary (think bump fire). Stock grip is grippy like a m&p9, ambi bolt release is very nice, controls are crisp, nice pins and good internal parts, 100 percent reliability across 4 shooters and hundreds of rounds with no extra cleaning or lubing cycles.

PSA did good, and is now incorporating these findings that I reported into the new orders and any returns. Glad to have helped and learned this thing inside and out in the process. Oh and the bipod catches a lot of hate but it worked, it's light and it came with it. It was fine past the rifles capable distance with proper preload and technique. The lockup on the rotation and tilt is a little weak but usable with a small rear bag shoring up the rear. It is what it is, but I am happy with the money I spent and what I received. Thanks guys.
1000010406.jpg

I picked one of these up about a month ago. I loved the initial fit and feel. I opted for the 20" 308 billet version. I already had an ASR muzzle device, scope and mount waiting for this thing before it shipped. Once received I felt really impressed with the controls and look. I immediately took the 3 prong flash hider off and clocked the brake. I mounted up a Bushnell LRTSi 3-12 and was ready to go. After a good cleaning and lube, I set out for initial shots.

I loaded up some 152gr controlled chaos loads and proceeded to try a few out of each mag, making note of election and hold open. It was sporadic and I ended up running the gas system wide open to get function, even suppressed. I would consistently get good shots until about 4 left in the metal mags. Little depressed.

I emailed PSA with a claim and they got right back with a return label. I asked if they would mind sending over what they would like me to do as I do machine work up here in Maine. They were comfortable with sending me parts as I sent them pictures and descriptions. They had me hone the chamber lightly with 800 grit to remove any burrs, inspect the bolt and send close up photos. Measure the barrel and gas port as well as show the side of the magazines empty as the springs have been installed backwards.

I found the barrel port to be .098" and the gas block to be 0.120". They had me open up the barrel port to 0.100" in which I ended up at 0.101" due to it being the closest numerical bit I had.

This upon reassembly put my gas settings perfect. I was nearly closed off running my form 1 10" baffle type can and about 2 more clicks open for no can.

I told them I'm still getting failure to feed routinely on the last couple rounds and insisted that the mags are the cause. They sent a new extractor spring and o ring. I told them I would buy the mags if they had tan PMAGs in stock.

I did my first long range day today with this gun and upon sighting in, I found the groups to be approx 1 moa. This was routinely validated over greater distances as the day progressed.

I shot at 100, 300, 418 yards with great effect and 100 percent reliability. From there I moved out to 495, 770 and 846 yards. All were easily 100% hit rate with a 2-5 mph variable wind in a 168DA.

We then went to a 1046 yard target with 14.8 mils of elevation and were getting roughly 50 percent (4 out of 7 hits as I observed my friend taking shots to try it) hit rate on ipsc 18x30 steel. We were impressed as the wind was picking up and the gun was piping hot with over 80 rounds through it in approx 35 minutes.

I brought the rifle home and completely lost that buyer's remorse and am proud we worked through it. Continued to shoot with my brother for two hours.

In review, it was under gassed - now is perfect, the metal mags are paper weights, PSA made it right, PMAGs work, 168fgmm is consistently good and the 165 fusion hunting loads aren't much over 1moa, the trigger is completely fine, however, quite light and will double without a good shoulder weld and if you elbow is resting stationary (think bump fire). Stock grip is grippy like a m&p9, ambi bolt release is very nice, controls are crisp, nice pins and good internal parts, 100 percent reliability across 4 shooters and hundreds of rounds with no extra cleaning or lubing cycles.

PSA did good, and is now incorporating these findings that I reported into the new orders and any returns. Glad to have helped and learned this thing inside and out in the process. Oh and the bipod catches a lot of hate but it worked, it's light and it came with it. It was fine past the rifles capable distance with proper preload and technique. The lockup on the rotation and tilt is a little weak but usable with a small rear bag shoring up the rear. It is what it is, but I am happy with the money I spent and what I received. Thanks guys.
View attachment 8249743
In all honesty, I think this may be the most helpful post in this whole thread.

I had similar experiences with the metal mags, and found DuraMags to run flawlessly. From what most have said, the early models all seemed to be under gassed. Mine is in the 400’s and the issue seems to have been rectified.

Once again, seriously great post. 👍🏼

View attachment 8249743
Good post fellow Mainer!

I'm assuming you must shoot on private land to hit 1000 yards. There's no 1k yard ranges anywhere in the state that I can find unfortunately. Closest range I've found with 1k is at SIG in Exeter NH.

Good post fellow Mainer!

I'm assuming you must shoot on private land to hit 1000 yards. There's no 1k yard ranges anywhere in the state that I can find unfortunately. Closest range I've found with 1k is at SIG in Exeter NH.
Thank you,

Yes it is private land, in some spots there is just over 1400 yards. There is a small group that I go with that have permission on the land. We typically go every Sunday at break of dawn depending on schedules from now until march. If its -20F and 15mph crosswind, we bring the magnums haha! Runny nose and watery eyes still make for a good time shooting. Happy to be able to do it. I am running a GA precision PPR 6mm Creed, a Bergara B14 in a MPA chassis 300 win, this sabre10 as well as a few others. We all run suppressed, make a pile of brass, clean up and get back to our Sunday tasks. One of my buddies was running his SCAR 20S and was very impressed with the Sabre 10, the other guy proclaimed "I'm going home, stripping my AR-10, selling it and buying one of these." Figured I'd let "the hide" know!

Thank you,

Yes it is private land, in some spots there is just over 1400 yards. There is a small group that I go with that have permission on the land. We typically go every Sunday at break of dawn depending on schedules from now until march. If its -20F and 15mph crosswind, we bring the magnums haha! Runny nose and watery eyes still make for a good time shooting. Happy to be able to do it. I am running a GA precision PPR 6mm Creed, a Bergara B14 in a MPA chassis 300 win, this sabre10 as well as a few others. We all run suppressed, make a pile of brass, clean up and get back to our Sunday tasks. One of my buddies was running his SCAR 20S and was very impressed with the Sabre 10, the other guy proclaimed "I'm going home, stripping my AR-10, selling it and buying one of these." Figured I'd let "the hide" know!
That's great. Wish I had access to a good long stretch like that. None of the land in my family is suitable for it.

Thank you,

that guy, seems like if he just swapped out the barrel on his AR-10 for a reputable quality piece, he ought to be able to equal the performance of your Sabre PSA-M110 Clonish. My belief being that the barrel is the heart and core, and a headspaced good bolt, of a well-performing rifle. With proper assembly of course, but that goes almost without saying. JMHO.

Reactions: GhostFace

View attachment 8249743
Thank you for all your info.

I keep reading about these are under gassed. I will have to look at my 308 / 6.5CM 20" gas port list ( various brands, including PSA ) and see what they are.
I am fairly sure mine are all a round .089- .093, and those all run fine. I will check tonight.

Super odd ( to me ) that these Tan PSA's seem to need a larger gas port.

What could cause the need for more gas ?...Tighter chamber ? Stouter recoil spring ?

that guy, seems like if he just swapped out the barrel on his AR-10 for a reputable quality piece, he ought to be able to equal the performance of your Sabre PSA-M110 Clonish. My belief being that the barrel is the heart and core, and a headspaced good bolt, of a well-performing rifle. With proper assembly of course, but that goes almost without saying. JMHO.
That's true, I have no idea what he has for a gun, but he liked the "whole package". The barrel/bolt and trigger can certainly be the maker/breaker in these semis for sure. I'm assuming that what he has may have been built for a completely different purpose with decent parts and he wanted to cash out and cash in.

Thank you for all your info.

I keep reading about these are under gassed. I will have to look at my 308 / 6.5CM 20" gas port list ( various brands, including PSA ) and see what they are.
I am fairly sure mine are all a round .089- .093, and those all run fine. I will check tonight.

Super odd ( to me ) that these Tan PSA's seem to need a larger gas port.

What could cause the need for more gas ?...Tighter chamber ? Stouter recoil spring ?
That's a good point, I am not sure, could be the nature of the adjustable gas block on these as well

That's a good point, I am not sure, could be the nature of the adjustable gas block on these as well
I should clarify myself, on my barrels, the PSA ones ( Gen II ) originally came with no Adj. GB's.. I installed SLR Adj. GB's. To tame the ( IMHO ) over gassed OEM sized gas ports.
The SLR's have 15 clicks to wide open. ( No gas bleed off ) Mine function at about 6 clicks opened from closed, in the 20-22" RLGS various barrel brands.

How many clicks does the PSA110 adj. gb have ? ( Sorry if I missed that info in this thread )

Last edited:
I should clarify myself, on my barrels, the PSA ones ( Gen II ) originally came with no Adj. GB's.. I installed SLR Adj. GB's. To tame the ( IMHO ) over gassed OEM sized gas ports.
The SLR's have 15 clicks to wide open. ( No gas bleed off ) Mine function at about 6 clicks opened from closed, in the 20-22" RLGS various barrel brands.

How many clicks does the PSA110 adj. gb have ? ( Sorry if I missed that info in this thread )
I want to say it is 5 or 6.

I want to say it is 5 or 6.
The plot thickens... Lol

Thank You.

5-6 clicks from about , lets say 2:00 o'clock to 10:00 o'clock , or full rotations ?
Hope that makes sense.
My SLR is a continuous full rotations, I "think" it is 5 clicks per full 360 degrees rotation.

Sorry about the litany of questions... but, just when I thought I "understood" PSA "logic" it gets a curve ball thrown in.

Last edited:
I will say it looks good! I'll chance the barrel shooting mediocre. It ran my reloads great but was only a few rounds. I'll shoot groups and check function tomorrow with 100 rounds. It pairs fine with a DPMS lower in case anyone was wondering. View attachment 8245457 View attachment 8245454
That is very interesting, the pairing with a DPMS lower, as rpol98 has mentioned before.. make sure the BCG axis mates with the buffer tube axis.
I think he has said it is off center.
And the side effects can be ammo being fed slightly off and the bolt catch being slightly off height wise.
When I tried mounting a DPMS bare upper to my PSA lower, you could see it was not centered very well at all. The BCG would cycle, but the tail end was very "high" in the buffer tube.
Enough so, that had I been using a BCG with "flared boss at the tail"... it would have been rubbing.

Love this thing.
Respectable groups, Thanks for sharing.

The plot thickens... Lol

Thank You.

5-6 clicks from about , lets say 2:00 o'clock to 10:00 o'clock , or full rotations ?
Hope that makes sense.
My SLR is a continuous full rotations, I "think" it is 5 clicks per full 360 degrees rotation.

Sorry about the litany of questions... but, just when I thought I "understood" PSA "logic" it gets a curve ball thrown in.
It has about a 90 degree throw, with 6 subtentions. It is fully shut off with my can and cycles reliably with it 3 clicks from there with no can, leaving room for some adverse gas settings.