• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PSA M110 clonish rifle

Still picking some carbon off, but it looks good. Gas block was a little sticky with some blue crusty residue I'm assuming is copper oxide. Ready to roll for next Sunday. I just pulled the extractor off and there was some mean carbon in there too. My form 1 can isn't exactly low back pressure for sure.

It has about a 90 degree throw, with 6 subtentions. It is fully shut off with my can and cycles reliably with it 3 clicks from there with no can, leaving room for some adverse gas settings.
Correct me if I am wrong, or I misunderstood, but you say it runs with the suppressor installed... with the Adj. GB gas fully clicked "off" or 0.
But needs 3 clicks of the 5 or 6 available without the can.

Something sounds like that is functioning in a narrow adjustment range, in context to the gas port size. ( Thinking aloud )

Interesting.

Shoot... I gotta go look at 308 20" GP sizes.

Be right back

Last edited:
Reactions: rpoL98
I am going to have to look for my gas port size list tomorrow... arrgh. I can't seem to find the info where I thought I had put it.

Correct me if I am wrong, or I misunderstood, but you say it runs with the suppressor installed... with the Adj. GB gas fully clicked "off" or 0.
But needs 3 clicks of the 5 or 6 available without the can.

Something sounds like that is functioning in a narrow adjustment range, in context to the gas port size. ( Thinking aloud )

Interesting.

Shoot... I gotta go look at 308 20" GP sizes.

Be right back
I just checked, it will function with the gas minimal when suppressed and I get lock back unsuppressed at position 2, I leave it at 3 to be slightly over gassed. Position 4 5 6 would likely be beneficial for milsurp and cheap stuff.

Anyone who bought one have an update on how it shoots? I have a forged 6.5 Creed on the way and plan to work up a load after 100 rounds.
I bought a billet model in 6.5 Creedmoor. I cleaned and lubed it. Took it to the range. And it ran perfectly. I had some reloads left over from another project. It is extremely accurate. The reloads we’re 140 gr Sierra Game Kings with H4350. PSA is test firing them now from what I read. The gun had some carbon build up in it when I received it. So that’s probably why my gas block was dialed in. Normally I‘m not this lucky.

I dig it, I love earth tones but people calling that an M110 clone is like saying a Remington 5R Milspec is an M24 clone. Let's call it what it is, a tan entry level precision AR-10 with a quad rail.
Its practically an M110 clone, is everything on it clone correct or in spec with the M110, no probably not but it is pretty much an M110 clone just like the PSA Dagger is a knockoff Glock or “clone”, the PSA Jakl is not by any means an ACR but is it basically an ACR clone especially with the sexy F5 stock? I’d say so, at least by the looks, the feel and the details of the FDE Sabre 10 with the added bipods and a “deployment bag” as well as the ambidextrous controls, the A1 stock, the quad rail, the neglected PSA logo on the mag well. It’s all apples and oranges brother so overall I think it’s safe to say it is a clone especially when you have literally everyone else saying it’s practically a clone like MAC and 110sass actual! But that’s just my two cents on it

1699935661949.jpeg

I kind of want one of these in billet, in 6.5CM for hunting. So they seem to be working out OK so far? No major issues?

Its practically an M110 clone, is everything on it clone correct or in spec with the M110, no probably not but it is pretty much an M110 clone just like the PSA Dagger is a knockoff Glock or “clone”, the PSA Jakl is not by any means an ACR but is it basically an ACR clone especially with the sexy F5 stock? I’d say so, at least by the looks, the feel and the details of the FDE Sabre 10 with the added bipods and a “deployment bag” as well as the ambidextrous controls, the A1 stock, the quad rail, the neglected PSA logo on the mag well. It’s all apples and oranges brother so overall I think it’s safe to say it is a clone especially when you have literally everyone else saying it’s practically a clone like MAC and 110sass actual! But that’s just my two cents on it
log off, don't return for a week

Anything is a clone if you want it to be bad enough.
My point exactly…. it doesn’t have to be perfectly clone correct to be “clone-ish”. Hell some clone parts are so damn hard to find it’s near impossible and need an act of God to find all clone correct parts like the Mk12 for example. But put the KAC and PSA side by side and they’re pretty much 80%-90% identical.

Attachments

• CACA44B7-3D4F-4160-958D-4B633A409228.jpeg
    CACA44B7-3D4F-4160-958D-4B633A409228.jpeg
    338.5 KB · Views: 217
  • 3B721B43-3B39-4985-9C76-C0C9953FFE99.jpeg
    3B721B43-3B39-4985-9C76-C0C9953FFE99.jpeg
    13.7 KB · Views: 89
My point exactly…. it doesn’t have to be perfectly clone correct to be “clone-ish”. Hell some clone parts are so damn hard to find it’s near impossible and need an act of God to find all clone correct parts like the Mk12 for example. But put the KAC and PSA side by side and they’re pretty much 80%-90% identical.
What part(s) of the PSA Sabre Billet are clone correct for a Knight's M110? Be specific. I have nothing against the Sabre, and think it's an excellent value, but to claim it is a clone, which PSA has never done, is naïve at best. Or guntuber clickbait for "likes".

Reactions: Davis0311
What part(s) of the PSA Sabre Billet are clone correct for a Knight's M110? Be specific. I have nothing against the Sabre, and think it's an excellent value, but to claim it is a clone, which PSA has never done, is naïve at best. Or guntuber clickbait for "likes".
I highly doubt any parts on the PSA are clone correct brother considering its a very affordable option and you’d be spending the cost of a KAC SR-25 or M110 if they were clone correct because the rifles would have to be made by KAC or with KAC M110 parts like a KAC .308 20” barrel with an 1:11 barrel twist and everything would have to be perfectly in spec to include the M110 markings along with a Leupold Mk4 optic and KAC mount also a Harris bipod model BRM-S W/Swivel and KAC QD mount to be an M110 “clone” so if people really wanna get technical with this then yea okay I admit that it is not a TRUE clone but again you’d have to buy an SR-25 in FDE (don’t know if that’s even an option) or an M110 from KAC for it to be an actual clone and so perhaps instead I should’ve just said in the beginning that it’s aesthetically an M110 “lookalike” from PSA for the poor people but again it’s really just apples and oranges at this point. If you want an M110 or “clone” and don’t have the thousands on thousands of dollars to spend because you’re not Elon Musk and would like an affordable M110 “lookalike” for the average working class American in Biden’s economy then I don’t think the PSA would be a bad option for anyone wanting an affordable M110 “lookalike”.

So since I must have the understanding of a “clone” all wrong then what exactly makes a firearm a clone of the original? Since the M110 was developed from the SR-25 someone would have to buy an SR-25 and buy M110 parts to then add them to the rifle so then would it even be considered a clone, or would it be a clone-ish?

i think it qualifies as an excellent rendition of M110-inspired. The slant-cut receivers is certainly a big step in the right direction, quad-rail helps a lot, although an economy implementation. and FDE slathered over everything.

I mean yeah. I want them to succeed but they seem to not really care. From top to bottom though they seem to not acknowledge their quality control issues. Both in their ammo and firearms.
I have not seen a single quality control issue with anything from PSA ever.

I mean yeah. I want them to succeed but they seem to not really care. From top to bottom though they seem to not acknowledge their quality control issues. Both in their ammo and firearms.
I second this. The Sabre M110 is a rifle I really want to add to my arsenal, however it seems as of right now from everyone who’s been reviewing them except MAC that they have major reliability issues but somehow MAC got his running like a dream out the box….. nonetheless I think it’s great they’re coming out with very affordable firearms that are similar renditions of very iconic firearms and I can’t wait to get the Jakl for an ACR similar style rifle although I haven’t heard any issues with the Jakl so I think it’s good to go as well as the Dagger which is a Glock knockoff with improvements out the box. So I agree that PSA needs to do better with quality control because there is absolutely zero excuses on why their M110 Sabre line are having reliability issues. Quality over quantity is a must.

I got a PSA Sabre AR 10 Billet in .308. I haven't shot it yet. When I picked it up at the FFL, I asked for the shipping box that it came in just in case I need to send it to PSA. I hope I don't have to, but you never know. Hind sight being 20/20 I wish I never ordered it as I already have a couple of AR 10 rifles and do not want to deal with any BS having to ship it back to PSA. I guess that's why I haven't shot it yet.

I have not seen a single quality control issue with anything from PSA ever.
The PSA rendition M110 has been nothing but a malfunctioning mahem since they’ve released them…. There have been issues with failure to feeds & the gas system and I remember correctly it’s been mostly due to the rifle being under gassed. I thought it was just the .308 version but I just watched Administrative Results video and his is a 6.5 and he had gas issues I believe he sent it back for them to drill the gas block to allow more gas to escape so the rifle can cycle properly instead of jamming and the same with the .308. To add to this the 6.5 will only run with Pmags which it comes with in the box but Texas Plinking said he was gonna try different brands for metal mags to see if any metal mags run with it like for instance Larue metal mags might but then you’re paying out the a** for that nonessential luxury if you really wanted to run it with metal mags like the KAC M110 does for that authentic vibe.

I got a PSA Sabre AR 10 Billet in .308. I haven't shot it yet. When I picked it up at the FFL, I asked for the shipping box that it came in just in case I need to send it to PSA. I hope I don't have to, but you never know. Hind sight being 20/20 I wish I never ordered it as I already have a couple of AR 10 rifles and do not want to deal with any BS having to ship it back to PSA. I guess that's why I haven't shot it yet.

You might have too and for that I’m sorry man unless you’re an armorer or know of one then I’m sure they can do it for you instead of sending it back to PSA.

Is it really a choice if it doesn't work?
I think there are enough PSA haters in the world to scare anybody that’s lacking any confidence in their abilities to deal with a problem. So yes. Anybody that’s afraid of any challenges should strictly stick to the high-dollar firearms. At least when those have an issue - people get to bitch and whine even louder because dammit they paid a lot of money for that privilege.

It looks like their other 308s except FDE finish. Too bad it has a shiny barrel I hate seeing bare stainless on an AR make it nitride black or something.
You must be looking at the wrong one, the M110 rendition is all FDE with an FDE barrel and there’s even a black version that I’m assuming is an SR-25 or Mk 11 Mod 0 rendition but it looks exactly the same as the Sabre M110 except all blacked out including the barrel. But idk if it’s the same price or cheaper, I was considering getting that if it came back in stock before the FDE version.

You must be looking at the wrong one, the M110 rendition is all FDE with an FDE barrel and there’s even a black version that I’m assuming is an SR-25 or Mk 11 Mod 0 rendition but it looks exactly the same as the Sabre M110 except all blacked out including the barrel. But idk if it’s the same price or cheaper, I was considering getting that if it came back in stock before the FDE version.

Theres a video literally 3 posts up of another psa “m110” something.

Number 220

I know a guy, so I may be in luck.
Yea I’ve been seeing nothing but problems with the M110 line so I was gonna wait till a Mk 2, Mod 1 whatever they’d call it to come out that addresses those issues before I pull the trigger on buying one. Unfortunately everyone in this thread is right about one thing it’s not worth the buy if it’s unreliable you might as well buy an Aero or another brand and do your best to try to “clone” it to the best of your abilitie.

Theres a video literally 3 posts up of another psa “m110” something.

Number 220
Yea that’s the M110A1 rendition, it has a 16” barrel and is suppose to be a “clone” of the U.S. Army’s SDMR that is made by HK and derives from the 417 with a 16” barrel chambered in 7.62x51 for the squads designated marksman. It replaced the M110 in where carrying a 20” M110 SASS is “too big” for some operations its basically a compact M110 SASS and was originally dubbed M110A1 CSASS for (Compact Semi-Automatic Sniper System) but the Military like everything else they get they change the name like always. The huge difference besides modularity and a more updated model is that the M110A1 is made by HK like I mentioned where as the M110 SASS is made by KAC.

Top is the HK M110A1 SDMR

Bottom is the PSA Sabre 10 “M110A1”

Attachments

• B3210520-0FDA-412A-811A-8F091106264E.jpeg
    B3210520-0FDA-412A-811A-8F091106264E.jpeg
    26.6 KB · Views: 478
  • ACAFDE80-98CA-4016-928E-606262949AA1.jpeg
    ACAFDE80-98CA-4016-928E-606262949AA1.jpeg
    72.1 KB · Views: 127
I think there are enough PSA haters in the world to scare anybody that’s lacking any confidence in their abilities to deal with a problem. So yes. Anybody that’s afraid of any challenges should strictly stick to the high-dollar firearms. At least when those have an issue - people get to bitch and whine even louder because dammit they paid a lot of money for that privilege.

im not a hater of PSA, quite the opposite. I like what they do for the community but I have to call it the way it is. To each their own with their money but I don’t buy firearms to gamble with my time or their performance. You don’t have to buy a knights to have an accurate and reliable .308 AR. Its apparent this rifle isn’t ready, yet….You also don’t have to gamble with this rifle either…

Reactions: MadDuner
this is a really, really, dumb take on things. PSA essentially uses it's buyers and product testers given the QC send backs, issues, and the like

that's not hating, that's just being smart in avoiding that garbage

this is a really, really, dumb take on things. PSA essentially uses it's buyers and product testers given the QC send backs, issues, and the like

We've all read your opinion of PSA products.
You are welcome to them for sure.
As is everyone else.
I am sure you may have even helped steer somebody into buying a more expensive firearm that you may or may not deem as "good." There is plenty of room in the firearm market for every manufacturer that wants to bring one to the market. You buy yours. I'll buy mine. Somebody else will buy theirs. That's what keeps the industry flourishing.

Here again - I've yet to buy a PSA product that has had any sort of issue whatsoever.... but will admit that I haven't bought the rifle we are talking about either.

It’s really upsetting to know that you could buy a very affordable firearm say something like a BCM and that you should expect to be able to trust that rifle with your life if needed considering that’s the point in buying the rifle in the first place, reliability. But for it to be a POS right out of the box especially for PSA their name is just as big as BCM I’d expect the same quality so I agree that at least the M110 series is trash unfortunately until they get their head out of their ass

He talks about some of the issues they had. They worked with PSA to try to help them get the rifle right. Seems like he also had the metal mags and gassing issues some people had.

How are they holding up for those that bought them?

Reactions: Faronth
Just spent the day at the range shooting large frame ARs.

My buddy has this m110 PSA. It shot extremely well with no cycling issues at all. He was shooting some of our 175gr handloads and 175gr fgmm. Both are averaging sub moa across multiple groups at 100. It performed well at "distance" as well (500yds).

Looks slick. I have a couple JP and they are definitely superior, but I'll be honest the PSA impressed me. Especially for $1200.

I think k the only question left is long term quality and how it acts with some legit round count through it.

According to my buddy he's around 3-400 rounds atm. With no issues.

Last edited: