• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Puget Sound Area Shooter's Group

Re: Puget Sound Area Shooter's Group

If some want to pitch in to cover the dump fee, I'll bring the truck, & take a load to the dump.

I can pitch in money and time. We need to settle on a date and then I'd like to see a good turn-out from everyone. We could spend the morning cleaning then spend the afternoon slinging lead...

As long as I don't get a call to work, & its before the second week of Oct. I'm loading my camper that week to go hunting. I can most likely do any weekend.

I am in for the clean up and a few bucks to help set up traps on the bastards that mess the spot up.

I would be happy to help,let me know what day.

I'd be in for a day, but I'll be gone on the 30th.

Would it be wise to let local press know that people are going to do a cleanup there so some good press about shooters gets out? We would have to ask whoever does the article to NOT publish where the location is, but it sure wouldn't hurt to get some good press.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Unknown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Would it be wise to let local press know that people are going to do a cleanup there so some good press about shooters gets out? We would have to ask whoever does the article to NOT publish where the location is, but it sure wouldn't hurt to get some good press. </div></div>

Noooo... All it would end up doing is showing us cleaning up the mess other "shooters" leave behind despite the fact it's usually illegal dumping by non-shooters. I'd rather just have a morning clean-up with a nice relaxing afternoon shoot amongst all of us. Maybe even drag a BBQ out or something...

Broker,

You make a good point. No surprise with your ability to make a good point though...it is just something I hadn't considered. All I thought about was the location leaking out to more jerks who would wreck it even more.

I'll probably see you Saturday at the match, and we can talk more then.

I did get an email from someone who is thinking about car pooling to the match..there is still some room.

I managed to do some reloading, so I'll be shooting my 260 Remington bolt gun on Saturday, because that is what there is the most accurate ammo for.

I would like to consider doing a magnum rifle match where targets are no closer than 300-400 yards. If the tables I looked at are right, my 300 Win mag has as much energy at 425 yards as a 308 does at the end of the barrel...Maybe we should do some testing to see how hard it whacks targets..

UNSC has a new range officer. He is just taking over, so I want to wait a couple of weeks to give him a chance to get "up to speed" before I start asking things like using a different range (the 600 yard range can be used as an unknown distance) or doing testing on steel between matches.

Yeah I'm gonna pick-up Eric Saturday morning so he can carpool down with me. Now I know why Karl didn't get back to me on the metal targets for practice. I'll have to hit up the new RO about it.

So... let's get this ball rolling.
<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 26pt">Acme Clean-up & Lead Slinging Party</span></span>
Date: <span style="font-weight: bold">September 29th, 2012</span>
Time: <span style="font-weight: bold">0900-1700</span>
Place: <span style="font-weight: bold">Acme</span>
Mission: <span style="font-weight: bold">Clean up/Lane Maintenance & Target Demolition</span>
grin.gif

Attendees:
<ul style="list-style-type: disc">[*]Broker - Confirmed[*]Unknown - Confirmed[*]A D - Confirmed[*]TT - Confirmed[*]cobyb - Confirmed[*]bigwheels - Confirmed[*]akmike - Confirmed[*]TRD1911 - Confirmed[*]squinty-andy - 90% Confirmed[*]unincsmr - Possible?[*]sacshooter - Possible?[*]Market Garden - Fired for making other plans prior
grin.gif
[*]StanwoodSpartan - Unavailable[*]attherange?[*]ryo - Unavailable[*]SIG383?[*]SSSamurai?[*]Bennybooboo?[*]mjh?[*]AtOne?[*]K9-?[*]Powderman?[*]MK12 MOD0 SPR?[*]Jetx4?[*]hunter121?[*]abanks?[*]Seattle-lrs?[*]MStarmer?[*]Muttt?[*]WaGuns?[*]mattj?[*]HeathenRifleman?[*]tony27r?[*]captmo?[*]Lionsden?[*]TwentyFiveTwenty?[*]DAFAR ?[*]all Twisted?[*]OT-Medic?[*]zx2man?[*]joe1/75th?[*]TeamSendIt?[*]RBros?[*]beretta682?[*]Bedlam?[*]Boxerglocker?[*]ranger1183?[*]jcvibby - Flight Canceled[*]slm9s?[*]Tacreloader25?[*]Wintermute?[*]?[*]?[*]?[*]?[/list]

If I missed anyone well... life's full of disappointment
laugh.gif

Just kidding... Let me know and I'll add you to the list.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 14pt">Please post up confirmation of attendance for me so I can have enough supplies. I'll bring rolls of contractor trash bags. I figure we spend a few hours cleaning up and then spend 3-4 hours shooting. Who's with us?</span></span>

As long as i don't get called in to work, I'll be there with an empty truck. The dump is on my way home.

I would love to join for the clean up. However it's a touch too far for me this time

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jcvibby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would love to join for the clean up. However it's a touch too far for me this time </div></div>

I'm gonna always invite you anyways Jake
wink.gif
lol

I'll be out of town on the 30th.

Hey guys is there any objections to the date being changed to the 29th so Market Garden can join us? I forgot the one day he isn't available is the 30th...

either day is good for me.anyone going to the match tomorrow have fun,sadly I must work.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 20pt">Acme Clean-up & Lead Slinging Party has been moved to Saturday September 29th!</span></span>

Craig I'm putting you down as confirmed now correct? Lol...

This Acme shoot sounds like a good time. I'm gonna try and make to it, i'm getting back into the shooting game after dealing with a broken wrist for the past few months.

Also, does anyone shoot at KRRC that has a chrono? I'm need to see what my handloads are buzzin at.

-Kelly

Folks,

I live in North Bend, WA and would like to know if anybody on the list lives near me because I'd be interested in carpooling to gatherings. I'm primarily interested in doing some long range shooting. Please PM me.

Thanks....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 20pt">Acme Clean-up & Lead Slinging Party has been moved to Saturday September 29th!</span></span>

Craig I'm putting you down as confirmed now correct? Lol...</div></div>

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I'll be out of town that entire weekend, not just Sunday.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Market Garden</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 20pt">Acme Clean-up & Lead Slinging Party has been moved to Saturday September 29th!</span></span>

Craig I'm putting you down as confirmed now correct? Lol...</div></div>

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I'll be out of town that entire weekend, not just Sunday. </div></div>

You're fired man lol...

Enjoyed the match at Nisqually today and meeting some fun new people.
If you haven't given it a try yet go to the next one, Its a great way to get some practice in without having to drive across the pass to do it.

Lesson from the match yesterday (something I already knew, but failed to perform)

1. If you plan to use the reticle to hit distant targets rather than dialing the scope up and down, remember to keep the scope on the power the reticle is designed for. (This is one of the biggest arguments in favor of first focal plane scopes; my scope is second focal plane). I knew that, but failed to do it.
2. Don't use new magazines that haven't been thoroughly tested because they might not feed properly, even if they are AW magazines.

The other big thing that I learned long ago: There are no good ideas the night before a match.

The match winner yesterday shot really well, and deserved coming in #1...unfortunately, it wasn't me. But it sure was a pleasure watching him perform.

Mine we're:

1. Seating .015 into the lands and ejecting a live round don't work so well sometimes lol.
2. Work on sitting, kneeling and other positions some more.
3. Learned that getting up at 4:30 A.M no matter what its for is never really fun...Later start for me next time for sure
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Unknown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lesson from the match yesterday (something I already knew, but failed to perform)

1. If you plan to use the reticle to hit distant targets rather than dialing the scope up and down, remember to keep the scope on the power the reticle is designed for. (This is one of the biggest arguments in favor of first focal plane scopes; my scope is second focal plane). I knew that, but failed to do it.
2. Don't use new magazines that haven't been thoroughly tested because they might not feed properly, even if they are AW magazines.

The other big thing that I learned long ago: There are no good ideas the night before a match.

The match winner yesterday shot really well, and deserved coming in #1...unfortunately, it wasn't me. But it sure was a pleasure watching him perform. </div></div>

New member here, just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I shot at the UNSC match on Saturday with AtOne, Broker and Unknown and they told me about this place so I thought I'd check it out. Looking forward to the next time we can shoot together.
Kevin

Hey Kevin great meeting you on Saturday !
Had a great time as I'm sure you did too.

I also had a great time this last Saturday meeting new people and shooting at UNSC for the PR Fun Match.

All things considered I had a great time! Time limits were challenging on some stages and generous on others, targets were acquireable yet challenging (most people finished the day with 50%-ish hits), the stages forced shooters to both think and face weaknesses in equipment and marksmanship, and the daily round count (60+/-) was perfect for a M1A guy.

After the match we had about a 40 minute "Burn Off" where we had the chance to ring the steel and hohn our skills in a non-match manner.

This was a great day on the firing line!

Looking forward to seeing everybody in October.

BBB

Broker - I will be knees deep in training at Boeing so count me out for this one. I need to get my next rifle up and going so I can come back out to the shootin line

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StanwoodSpartan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Broker - I will be knees deep in training at Boeing so count me out for this one. I need to get my next rifle up and going so I can come back out to the shootin line </div></div>

No worries. Hopefully you can get out to the next one. Are you gonna be at Scott's match in December?

My photo skills weren't up to par much like my shooting lol
crazy.gif

<span style="font-size: 14pt">kman2061, AtOne, & Unknown</span>
IMG_1568.jpg

<span style="font-size: 14pt">AtOne with an rbros rifle...</span>
IMG_1587.jpg

<span style="font-size: 14pt">Bennybooboo checkin out AtOne's rig...</span>
IMG_1579.jpg

<span style="font-size: 14pt">kman2061 welcome to Snipershide! It was great shooting with you on Saturday...</span>
IMG_1571.jpg

<span style="font-size: 14pt">Unknown</span>
IMG_1565.jpg

Sorry out. Can't get out shooting let alone clean up.
frown.gif

Holy crap! I'm surprised that the glare from the crown on my head didn't ruin the photos!

Some judicious tweaking of the left side magazine lip seems (operative term is SEEMS) to have fixed the feeding issues on my rifle. I'm using Badger bottom metal, and Accuracy International magazines in a Defiance Machine action, so it isn't as if I'm expecting something unreasonable from crappy equipment. All the machined parts are top notch, I guess it was my newest magazine that hadn't been given a thorough workout prior to the match. I had used it a number of times, just not under match pressure...

I'll have to continue working on the brain cramp that had me fail to use the proper power on my scope so the ranging capability would work right.

I went with a friend to the range to work up some dope for a .308 700 SPS tactical he has and some handloads with 168 AMAX he's been working on as he's new to reloading. His dope was 17MOA at 550 and way under 2400fps. Not sure what to tell him since I don't load, but <span style="font-weight: bold">I might try and convince AtOne since he's close by to work him a little bit</span>
sick.gif
lol. I will say one thing though... he shot three 5-round groups all solid .5 moa or better. After trying to do a 3/4" dot shooting and then trying groups I wanted to fall on a grenade since I can't seem to shoot for shit
cry.gif

Broker, thats going real slow even with a 20 inch barrel. The round is going sub sonic ata about 950. What powder, primer and brass is he using.

Yep. That's way slow. My 150's out of my 16" dpms is going 2600. What's the load, & is this a chrony'd speed, or estimate from dope?

hello fellas,
my name is coby and i am looking forward to the clean-up and shoot. im trying to find a local shop that might have a good base and rings for my rifle. any help would be appreciated.

remington 700 5r, leupold mk4 lrt 6.5-20. i live in federal way

thanks again

Have you checked federal way discount guns? I bought a set of mark 4 rings there a couple years back.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mjh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Broker, thats going real slow even with a 20 inch barrel. The round is going sub sonic ata about 950. What powder, primer and brass is he using. </div></div>

^^^What Marty said^^^
Accurate but slow for sure.

If you don't mind buying online check out Hells Canyon Armory, Mike is a local supporter of our matches.

The load for <span style="text-decoration: underline">MY</span> M1A is 40.2 of IMR 4064 under a 168 NCC flying at 2375 12' from the muzzle... right in line with your buddy's drops. (also close to 40.0 gr's of H4895 from a .308 Benchmark barrel on a bolt gun)

If you two are working with a bolt gun then read up on the Optimal Charge Weight (OCW- Dan Newberry) load developement and follow accordingly. Usually falls right in line with a standard ladder test. Of course baseline data records are essential (temp, altitude, baro pressure, air density, wind, and muzzle velocity). Who knows, maybe he'll find something speedier that allows for shallower drops.

Details are tough to go into on a thread, but if you have questions; by all means bring your buddy to the October PR Match and we'll get into it in more detail. What's the worst that'll happen(?), he'll have a great time shooting with good people?

See ya in October,

BBB

Count me 90% in for the clean-up. I'm traveling a lot on short notice these days for work but if I'm in town I'll be there, machete in hand.

He hopefully won't be available in October but at work since he's been on the bench for a bit after just getting married. But if he's here I'm sure he'd come out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AtOne</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mjh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Broker, thats going real slow even with a 20 inch barrel. The round is going sub sonic ata about 950. What powder, primer and brass is he using. </div></div>

^^^What Marty said^^^
Accurate but slow for sure. </div></div>

He told me and I should have written it down. Would you mind if we all got together this week sometime and he could pick your brain? I'll try and do some reading on reloading so I'm not a complete deer in headlights when everyone starts talking about it
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bigwheels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yep. That's way slow. My 150's out of my 16" dpms is going 2600. What's the load, & is this a chrony'd speed, or estimate from dope? </div></div>

It was estimated from dope. I had him get on at 300, 400, and 550 then took the dope and run some numbers. He was dead nuts accurate at 550 with 17 MOA and shooting clay pigeons with ease.

Reason I asked is it could be the scope calibration. It might say 17 moa, but realy only be 15 moa actual. If its a big name, quality scope probably not tho.