• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Puget Sound Area Shooter's Group

Everett area. I had steel out to a1000yd up hw2 , but they started to log again there. I’ll be hicking around looking for a new shooting spot. I use 223rem -338lm dt srs.

Everett area. I had steel out to a1000yd up hw2 , but they started to log again there. I’ll be hicking around looking for a new shooting spot. I use 223rem -338lm dt srs.

@1badbarrel you find a new spot?

Trying to find somewhere that I can shoot 500+, would prefer somewhere that is "hike in" to cut down on riff raff.

I'd be interested in learning about a good spot to reach out to 500-1000+ west of the passes. If anyone knows, please PM me. I'll keep your spot secret from litterbugs and miscreants. I'll do some scouting as well after some google-fu on satellite images. I'm running .223 Rem and .300 WM dt srs.

@1badbarrel I didn't realize you were local to me. Glad to see others with an srs in this state.

@1badbarrel you find a new spot?

Trying to find somewhere that I can shoot 500+, would prefer somewhere that is "hike in" to cut down on riff raff.
No new spot yet. But I’ve been driving east of the mountains shooting up by a old hunting spot where there’s steel starting at 500yd to 1285yd up already.

I'd be interested in learning about a good spot to reach out to 500-1000+ west of the passes. If anyone knows, please PM me. I'll keep your spot secret from litterbugs and miscreants. I'll do some scouting as well after some google-fu on satellite images. I'm running .223 Rem and .300 WM dt srs.

@1badbarrel I didn't realize you were local to me. Glad to see others with an srs in this state.
Onepointsixklicks, we should go shooting sometime.

Reactions: onepointsixklicks
<span style="font-size: 11pt">In an effort to get more local shooting events and gatherings I decided to start a local thread for The Puget Sound and surrounding areas. Our ranges are limited but there are many of us with our own shooting areas that I'm sure could come together without driving the 4 hours over to Eastern Washington, lol. There's also an abundance of Military coming and going between Lewis-McChord, Bangor, PSNS, Whidbey, and Everett that could use recommendations, resources, and information on the area. Hopefully we can grow our local shooting community starting here and welcome newcomers whether for a short term or permanent transition here to the Puget Sound Area. Please feel free to post up and Welcome!

- Nick
Re: Puget Sound Area Shooter's Group

Broker and I went out to scout today, and if we could get through some of the locked gates, there would great places to shoot. We stopped at one place and did up a range card..our Leica 1200's were only going out to about 600 yards because the brush just isn't very reflective. The one area where we stopped had about another 450 yards after the tree at 530, so it would be a good place to shoot.

I think we would have to shorten the distance at that area though as there was a trail and logging road up there. Without shooting across the logging road or trail, it would be pretty easy to reach out to 400 maybe 500 yards.

Broker is going to check with the state lands people, and another person who does get access for paintball and see how to get through gates, and if we could use the areas.

What is nice is that the area is only about an hour from Tacoma, maybe 45 minutes from Bremerton. If we can get onto some of the other areas he identified on the map, we might be able to reach out to 800-1000 without crossing any trails or roads.

There was one that looks like we could drive the steel out and place it just off the road, then drive back down to the shooting area that is 800-1000 yards away.
hey there a place that my buddies shoot 1000-1600 yards by the Columbia river

Reactions: 1badbarrel
Windfarm?
AEC24D4C-3E93-4C90-9574-64D25B810CA7.jpeg

There’s some steel just north of kittitas, month ago me and a few friends were up there shooting steel out to 1285 yds. Fun. There’s some wind over there too.

Sounds pretty close to the windfarm. Wish there was more places closer to the west side

Ya not to far from the farm. And I here ya. We been looking up north around skagit and found a spot that looks like it might work out to a 1000yds. But we are gonna keep looking for a better spot. And there still logging up in the sultan basin from what I hear. That was my old fav. We had a nice spot with steel out to a thousand. And had to hike in , so not to many there at all.

About and hour and a half to the windfarm for me. Anyone know of anywhere in the south end?

We were up around skagit Sunday morning, there was fog up high so we stayed down low we’re we had good visual, could only get steel out to 535yd safely. It was some easy shooting. But fun.

Public but not terribly easy to find. Shot to 1241 couple weeks ago. Confident I can go to a mile.

Public but not terribly easy to find. Shot to 1241 couple weeks ago. Confident I can go to a mile.

Public and not terribly easy to find are some of my favorite qualities. I don’t suppose you’d be interested in giving a complete stranger over the interwebz some guidance...;)

I used to head to MT and SD more than I do now, and miss having room to shoot. WW can be a little scarce at times.

Kinda stepped into that one didn’t I. Lol
Don’t want this to come off totally shitty but I’m weary of giving out a location fearing people could screw it up for the rest of us. i.e. Greenwater
Add to that don’t know a darn thing about you. Looks like you’ve only posted a couple times here on the Hide.
Please don’t take that personally. Just being honest.

I once gave out a fishing location privately, the next year i went there were several guys there ... so why not giving out precious spots doesnt bother me any more. It seems people find it easy to give away someone elses secrets ...

Kinda stepped into that one didn’t I. Lol
Don’t want this to come off totally shitty but I’m weary of giving out a location fearing people could screw it up for the rest of us. i.e. Greenwater
Add to that don’t know a darn thing about you. Looks like you’ve only posted a couple times here on the Hide.
Please don’t take that personally. Just being honest.

Haha, no worries, and I definitely understand, I wouldn’t give up a solid shooting spot to a stranger either.

I don't blame people for not giving out locations to the precious few shooting spots they have scouted out. Spots are damned hard to find, and those who do the work to find them are justifiably protective. In every case that I am aware of, once the location is made public, it gets trashed, then shut down.

I think the best way to handle things is to get to know the people who have located a site. Go shooting with them a few times at somewhere other than a "secret" spot. Over time, after trust is developed, the secret spots may just get shared. If scouting out spots, or getting to know people is too much work then perhaps long distance shooting isn't in the cards.

For those wanting to get started in long distance or PRS style shooting, Upper Nisqually sportsman's club still holds monthly matches, and they even get some of the points matches that are allowed to qualifying clubs. Their monthly matches are great for practice sessions and meeting for meeting with other shooters. So far, the club has been fortunate in keeping the club matches friendly, low key.

At the few points matches, some shooters are working so hard to concentrate on how they plan to shoot a stage that they might seem less communicative, but it is only because they are trying to work out how they will shoot a course. Most of the shooters are still quite friendly because they realize that bringing new shooters into the sport is the only way the sport will survive and flourish. Because they realize that new shooters will save the sport, they go out of their way to encourage and help new shooters get started.

On the wdfw website there saying there’s a temporary statewide shooting ban started August 4th for fire -prevention . Looks like target shooting is prohibited, but discharge of a firearm for hunting will still be permitted. You guys in wa here anything about this?

It was an issue when I went out to Range 15 on Ft Lewis last weekend. Many people were calling to see if the ban effected Ft Lewis, which it didn't. Anyone have an idea on how long the ban may stay in place since we had rain this weekend?

BTW... Shooter in Tacoma that has a few .308s that i would like to take out beyond 600 yards, as my skill improves.

Not sure how long there putting the ban in place. It has really cooled down today and yesterday ,we did get a few good rains up north - snohomish county. A friend did get kicked outta the sultan basin area a week ago or so shooting.

Is there anyone going out to Paul Bunyon to shoot this Saturday on the 600 yard line?

In Washington state, if hunting is allowed, but target shooting isn't allowed, is there a specific requirement on what you are hunting, or how many shots you are allowed to fire while "hunting"? If a fellow was out "hunting" squirrels, or rats, they might fire quite a few rounds....and many people might mistake all those rounds being fired for target shooting. All they need to do is ask "Are you hunting, or target shooting?" To which, the correct answer would of course be "I am hunting, because I wouldn't want to break any laws by target shooting."