• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Puget Sound Area Shooter's Group

Does anyone know what (if?) the NRA is doing anything to oppose these bills?

If the NRA isn't actively financially opposing these bills, they will probably loose a great deal of people's faith in what they are "supposed" to stand for. Bloomberg et al is pouring money into our state to pass these issues, and I am really hoping that the NRA is doing something other than just sending out those BS surveys that always end with a plea to send them money.

From what I've heard, the NRA isn't helping much. This was stated in the last issue of WAC Newsletter. Its to the point it is just about all up to us little guys to spread the word. And I agree, The NRA sure isn't looking good to Washington residents right now. It seems like all I ever get in the mail anymore are those NRA money pleas, Jury summons and AARP ads. Am I really getting that old?

I eventually wrote to the NRA about all the phony surveys that end with a plea for money. I told them that I already know where to send money when I'm in the mood to do so. I also told them that I'm offended that they think I am so stupid that I don't see through all the phony surveys, and that I recognize them all as merely a way to try and beg more money. They should take the money they would otherwise spend generating those nonsense pleas for money and put that toward whatever political purpose they feel worthy. If they don't stop sending me those insulting surveys, I will drop my membership. They stopped sending the BS surveys.

I still know where to send money when I am so inclined. I tend to give to agencies that support what I need...recently, it hasn't felt like the NRA has taken the lead on issues that interest me. One big issue would be overturning the Hughes amendment. The voice vote that was taken sure seemed to me to have been against the amendment, yet it was called as being passed.

I'm still a member, but just barely.

I eventually wrote to the NRA about all the phony surveys that end with a plea for money. I told them that I already know where to send money when I'm in the mood to do so. I also told them that I'm offended that they think I am so stupid that I don't see through all the phony surveys, and that I recognize them all as merely a way to try and beg more money. They should take the money they would otherwise spend generating those nonsense pleas for money and put that toward whatever political purpose they feel worthy. If they don't stop sending me those insulting surveys, I will drop my membership. They stopped sending the BS surveys.

I still know where to send money when I am so inclined. I tend to give to agencies that support what I need...recently, it hasn't felt like the NRA has taken the lead on issues that interest me. One big issue would be overturning the Hughes amendment. The voice vote that was taken sure seemed to me to have been against the amendment, yet it was called as being passed.

I'm still a member, but just barely.

That's a topic not too many people are aware of. But they should be. Everything including Hughes has been leading up to what we are up against today. Anyways, something about the NRA just doesn't feel right lately.

I suspect that many people who own select fire weapons, realize that the passage of the Hughes amendment made what they own skyrocket in value. Those people sure wouldn't be lobbying the NRA to have Hughes repealed. Although the NRA isn't all I wish it was, it seems to be the most powerful lobbying group, even if they don't do what I hope they would...

I suspect that many people who own select fire weapons, realize that the passage of the Hughes amendment made what they own skyrocket in value. Those people sure wouldn't be lobbying the NRA to have Hughes repealed. Although the NRA isn't all I wish it was, it seems to be the most powerful lobbying group, even if they don't do what I hope they would...

I signed the wife and kids up for the NRA to bolster their membership numbers. They clearly spend more in postage than the membership fees trying to solicit additional funds. As for me, I've been a life member since age 16 and when I FEEL like it I will send them some money.

Yes, I wish they would be more efficient and I wish Wayne LaPierre would retire so they could get somebody who is a better communicator. However, they serve a critical purpose when it comes to getting politicians to fall in line.

As far as I-594 goes here is my theory: The NRA doesn't want to fight what they perceive to be a losing battle. I'm not saying I agree with them, but I believe they want to direct their resources elsewhere. By doing so, they are ensuring a loss which is why I and others are so frustrated with them.

Why is I-594 getting so much support? Along with the general public, I believe many gun owners believe a background check law is needed because they don't realize that current law puts the burden on the seller to make sure the buyer is eligible to purchase a firearm. I-594 is not going to stop somebody from selling to an ineligible person either deliberately or because they are too lazy to take reasonable steps to vet the buyer (such as getting a copy of their concealed carry permit). All I-594 does is create a legal framework to harass law abiding gun owners.

Looking on the bright side, over the past few years we have had silencers and SBRs legalized in Washington. That is incredible progress. Maybe I-594 will be defeated as people become more familiar with it. If I-594 passes let's hope I-591 will trump it. If I-591 does not trump it, the legislature can modify the law two years after passage when it becomes clear how poorly written it is.

Last edited:
howdy fellas, i was at sportsmans and picked up a 8 pound jug of hodgdon h4350 before the poachers could get it. i have a couple already so if anyone wants it, feel free to shoot me a pm, i paid 200 out the door for it. i know its not the best deal but it is what it is.
Sold

thanks coby

Last edited:
Thanks coby, just wish I used 4350 more. If I still had my 6.5 sweed I would snag it up! I'm a Varget and H1000 fan. Hope you can make the NW Precision shoot in Spokane this weekend. I think Kevin and a few others are making it out. If not, I'll try to make some shoots at UNSC soon.

Brian

Important info if any of you haven't read it yet !
http://www.snipershide.com/shooting/bear-pit/271660-snipers-hide-joining-scout-media.html

In a nut shell SnipersHide is moving to a new hosting server that will help with maintenance of the website, advertising and help move it to a much larger audience.
This site and all the information in it will no longer exist the way it is now, it will be used as a read only site. Very little of the information on here will transfer over to the new one as they want to start fresh with a clean slate.

Be sure to backup any private messages you need because they won't be available either. At the bottom of your inbox is a small archive choice to back them all up at once, I did all three and none of them seem ideal for easy reading especially if they have pictures in them, Maybe one of our tech savoy people will give an idea of how to view them better.

Lastly this is happening SOON, from what I'm reading any day so don't put off anything you want saved because there's no going back to get it !

Last edited:
Anyone interested in trading some Ramshot Tac for some Varget I have sitting around? I've got about 1.5 lbs and I need to do some load development for 223 but I'd rather use something that will meter easier.

Anyone interested in trading some Ramshot Tac for some Varget I have sitting around? I've got about 1.5 lbs and I need to do some load development for 223 but I'd rather use something that will meter easier.

Do you need TAC or Varget? You know I have some TAC if you need it

Do you need TAC or Varget? You know I have some TAC if you need it

I need some Tac. I have Varget but I don't predict I'll be using it anytime soon and I'd rather see it get used.

I'm moving out to the Mukilteo area in a couple weeks from NC. Are there any recommended local forums. Of course I'll still be here on the hide. Thanks. Chris

I am considering making the journey to Colorado for the T3 ELR class/match Frank is putting on. I would most likely be driving so I won't need to hassle with shipping rifles and ammo. If anyone is interested, let me know but there is a narrow window with sign up. I would have room for one more, it would save cost on hotels and gas. The match requires a rifle capable of getting to 2200 yards, and approximately 120 rounds.

PROJECT: ELR - T3 Firearms Training

Kirk Roberts

I arrived in Silverdale about three weeks ago; didn't realize there was a thread for this area. Wish I would've found it sooner. Trying to find a range, there are a few, but memberships are making it difficult. But, I'm sure I'm not the first person to post that here.

Hey ThunderMass!

This thread has been pretty dormant for the last several years,... but I'd suggest that you look on Facebook for the NW Precision Rifle League page. There is a monthly shoot at the Upper Nisqually Gun Club that you should DEFINITELY go to -- great folks, REALLY friendly, willing to help you out whatever your level -- it's a great place to meet folks and get insight on the local scene for precision rifle,... Best of luck!

Ryan

Most of us are on FB Northwest precision rifle shooters, its a closed group, just ask to join. Not much activity on the Rifle League page but is updated occasionally.

This thread is back from the dead, I like it!

We need to get some weekend informal shoots together. I'm in Tacoma. I used to have a spot in Cap forest out to 1200, but its been gated the last two times I tried to get back there. Anyone want to get together and shoot some steel?

I am in, spent some time in cap forrest, any rhyme or reason to the gate closures?

With so many matches going on in the Northwest right now, it seems the informal shoots are less and less. Years ago it was the drive over to Ellensburg, but now it seems there's a match every weekend to shoot, here some links to some of them
http://nwprl.com/events/
http://www.nwriflematches.com
Then also the monthly match at Eatonville the first Saturday of the month. The matches put on by tactical supply in Yakima to name a few.

I arrived in Silverdale about three weeks ago; didn't realize there was a thread for this area. Wish I would've found it sooner. Trying to find a range, there are a few, but memberships are making it difficult. But, I'm sure I'm not the first person to post that here.

There are several of us in the Silverdale area, but we don't get on here much anymore. As was already stated, FB is the place to be. If you need info on the local options, you can hit me up.

I'm in Puyallup and I have a spot in Ellensburg and Naches I go to pretty often in the summer (when it's not on fire). Buddies and I go out for informal steel shooting every other weekend. It's out to around 900 yards in either area. Great site for camping also! I'm also a member of UNSC if anyone wants a member to take them out there for a day. In the summer, I enjoy informal matches more than shooting at UNSC.

I do have a couple honey holes up in the mountains past Greenwater where I can do 1200 yards but I don't take many people out there!

devildog,
You are wise to not take too many people to your honey hole. Doing so usually results in someone screwing the place up, then it gets blocked so no one can get in. The next match at UNSC will be a points match, but space is limited, so if anyone wants to shoot a PRS match on the first Saturday in August, sign up soon.

I've kinda neglected posting in here since the bump. I'm in Silverdale, and I just got a membership to UNSC; a bit of a drive for me, but they were taking on new members and 50 bmg is allowed sometimes. I don't have one yet, but soon... hopefully.

I might go out there sometime this week, but not over the weekend. Looking forward to triggercon!

I am a member there too...email me if you want to meet up at the range some time. I finally got a bunch more ammo loaded up, so now I have tons of practice ammo.

I am a member there too...email me if you want to meet up at the range some time. I finally got a bunch more ammo loaded up, so now I have tons of practice ammo.

im out there pretty often too. having a new rifle built so may not be out as much till mid fall when the rifle is done.

i am in Issaquah and it sucks, I drive out to Dougs Rock Lake Range to shoot - its ~ 4 hrs .... have a 600 yard range 30 mins away -- paper only, also sucks

Having a 600 yard range 30 minutes away would be great, even if it is only paper. UNSC is about 50-60 minutes for me, sometimes more depending on traffic. There is a range ion Tacoma I have been considering joining as it would only be 10-15 minutes away, but it too is only paper. I think it is Tacoma pistol and rifle, or something like that. The savings on fuel and time would be worth the additional membership fees, even though I like shooting at UNSC more.

Hey guys I have been out of the scene for a while, kid in college and home renovations. I am interested in getting back in the game. what and where is this unsc your talking about?

Having a 600 yard range 30 minutes away would be great, even if it is only paper. UNSC is about 50-60 minutes for me, sometimes more depending on traffic. There is a range ion Tacoma I have been considering joining as it would only be 10-15 minutes away, but it too is only paper. I think it is Tacoma pistol and rifle, or something like that. The savings on fuel and time would be worth the additional membership fees, even though I like shooting at UNSC more.

UNSC is not only paper. The 550yd range has quite a few steel targets out there all the time.

Tacoma Sportsmans Club on Canyon Rd in Puyallup is garbage. Their RO's are miserable people, and it's a 200yd paper only range with one shitty gong downrange that doesn't even make noise any more.

Tacoma rifle and revolver?

With so much land around there should be more opps to shoot on public land, problem is the liberal situation - if you discharge a firearm goodness knows what will happen.

Do we have any UNSC members here who have been successful in getting their own personal steel targets approved for use on the 550 there? I'd love to shoot my reactive AR500 out there, and they have varying steel availability.

Do we have any UNSC members here who have been successful in getting their own personal steel targets approved for use on the 550 there? I'd love to shoot my reactive AR500 out there, and they have varying steel availability.

I believe my friend coby did.
I can ask him what the process was if u like
I'm sure there are others more knowledgeable then myself tho.

The board there (UNSC) is pretty reasonable. I approached them about 6 years ago about starting a practical rifle group. At first they said they didn't know that much about it, but were willing to look at some of the youtube videos about practical rifle, and PRS matches and gave us tentative approval. That was over 6 years ago, and it is now one of the clubs top draws (after sporting clays). The practical rifle matches have morphed into PRS style matches, but I still enjoy shooting them with gas guns. They are now averaging 30-45 shooters per match, and they use both the 600 and 550 yard ranges so there isn't that much waiting between shooting stages.

You would probably just have to show the club's board what you want to shoot, and they will mostly be interested in insuring safety. The club uses a lot of steel, so if you are using "industry standard" type mountings like the club uses in their matches, I think your chances of getting your steel approved are pretty high.