• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Puget Sound Area Shooter's Group

Re: Puget Sound Area Shooter's Group

For what it's worth, I have been sending concerned E-mail to my elected representatives. Also broker, I am planning on being there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Holidays have left me broke and exhausted, lol. Who all is planning on being at the UNSC match coming up? </div></div>

I'll be there

The monthly matches we have at the Upper Nisqually Sportsmans Club... And you've always been welcome to join Jeff, lol

Oh. Duh!!! I wouldn't mind doing those if I could use my own rifle. But the ranges there kinda prohibit that. I totally understand. Let me know when you guys get to stretch the range out, & I'll see if I can get to a few of them.

You can use a 300wm...

Hello!
This is our 13th year for the Pacific Northwest's longest running tactical rifle match.
We will be starting sign up on 1-19-13 @10AM pacific time at a link I will provide in a few days.
There will be 54 slots available for individual contestants.
There will be a link posted here a few days before the 19th that will give you an idea of what we have in store for 2013.
The theme of this years 2 day, 1 night match is Back to Basics.
<span style="font-weight: bold"> <span style="font-style: italic">Match Dates 3-30 and 31-2013 </span> </span>
Feel free to PM, e-mail or call me with any questions.
See you at the match.
Jim Findlay
Match Director
509-884-1000
[email protected]
[email protected]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bigwheels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hmmm. I thought it was set up for s/a with 400yd max. </div></div>
We can go out to 550 and the minimum is 100yds.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jim the Plumber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hello!
This is our 13th year for the Pacific Northwest's longest running tactical rifle match.
We will be starting sign up on 1-19-13 @10AM pacific time at a link I will provide in a few days.
There will be 54 slots available for individual contestants.
There will be a link posted here a few days before the 19th that will give you an idea of what we have in store for 2013.
The theme of this years 2 day, 1 night match is Back to Basics.
Feel free to PM, e-mail or call me with any questions.
See you at the match.
Jim Findlay
Match Director
509-884-1000
[email protected]
[email protected]
</div></div>

Just a heads up for the new people here, The Findlay Cup is a fun match with great stages, but it is for non-magnum bolt action only rifles. Again, it's a fun match and limited spacing so be sure to set a notification for registration as it normally fills up quickly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bigwheels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hmmm. I thought it was set up for s/a with 400yd max. </div></div>
We can go out to 550 and the minimum is 100yds. </div></div>
I was still under the impression that magnums were "frowned apon" at this match. And I fully understand that given the ranges used, so I'll keep sitting this one out, til there is an opportunity for longer ranges, where my rifle can shine.
Thanks Broker.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bigwheels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey, thanks Jake. Unfortunately I can't afford it. Would love to tho. </div></div>
Jeff, we will be having 6 match's this year in Wenatchee that will be 300 mag and under, and semi auto friendly.
Entry should be about $40.00.

Big wheels,
You are welcome to use one of my rifles if you just want to come out and get some trigger time. I just loaded up some ammo, so I can cover that for you, and will even generate the dope charts for you. I sure understand wanting to use your own rifle though..If you are interested, call me and I will let you know about the various choices.

The course of fire for the next match at nisqually went out last night to everyone on the email list. 50 rounds max. Match will be on the third Saturday of the month as usual.

Anybody going to the Olympia Capitol this Saturday the 19th ?
I've heard it's a nationwide thing at all the state capitols for people hoping to retain their 2nd ammendment individual right.

link to video

Here is the sign in link for the 2013 Findlay Cup.
For those of you that are shooting in the match on Saturday and want to shoot in this one, PM me and I will work out the details as I understand you will be on the firring line when this link goes hot.
Jim
http://precisiontactical.mycustomevent.com/ShoppingCart.aspx?m=0

Here is the sign in link for the 2013 Findlay Cup.
For those of you that are shooting in the match on Saturday and want to shoot in this one, PM me and I will work out the details as I understand you will be on the firring line when this link goes hot.
Jim

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jim the Plumber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is the sign in link for the 2013 Findlay Cup.
Jim
</div></div>

I can't shoot but I'll RO if you need people Jim...

I need your help!!!
Im having a run in with DBMG and would like them to finish what I have paid for. I need boots on the ground if at all possible. I paid for a barrel conversion and would like them to complete what I paid for. If I could get someone to go to them in person face to face and do an inquiry for me that would be awesome!!! I would be most grateful for any help in WA I can get.
My order info is as follows

My name is Travis Clark,Poncha Springs, CO

Date of the transaction-10/19/2012
My order # is-dbmg1183
What I paid-$134.95
DBMGs Address is:
8483 S 228th ST
Kent, WA. 98031
DBMG's Phone # is: (not that it will help)
253-981-4502

Thanks

Gentlemen...

Don't forget the monthly match at The Upper Nisqually Sportsman's Club is this Saturday. New shooters there's a 1x orientation that starts at 0830, and the match begins at 1000. If you have any questions please feel free to contact Unknown or my self here on the hide. This is a great opportunity for new shooters to meet others in the area as well as the chance to observe and handle different equipment that's not often found in your local gun shops.

Hello!
Sign in for the 13th annual Findlay Cup tactical Rifle match is tomorrow, 1-19-2013, 10AM.
This match fills up fast so be sure to follow the link and sign in ASAP! <span style="font-size: 14pt"> <span style="color: #FF0000">Cost $170.00 </span> </span>
<span style="font-size: 14pt"> <span style="color: #FF0000"> <span style="font-weight: bold">Match Dates: 3-23 & 24-2013 </span> </span> </span>
<span style="font-weight: bold">Please note the date change. We moved the match up one week.
</span>
The 13th running of the Pacific North West's longest running match is run by a team of professionals where we have your safety and security up most in mind.
We provide a private facility with insurance in the unlikely event there is a problem.
We have well thought out courses of fire with secure back stops on land that cannot be accessed by the public.
This year there will be several stages that are UKD as well as some with KD.
We will have 2 movers for the day time and 2 movers for the night portion of the match.
There will be shooting from a raised platform (40-50') as well as a course of fire while being traversed.
You will need to be able to hike 2-3 miles over the course of the 2 day event and not have an aversion to heights.
Night shooting will consist of firing on static and a mover with your rifle, and we will provide 2 courses of night firing with range supplied rifles and ammo.
Round count: 150-175
Needed gear: bolt action non magnum short action rifle
Riggers belt
Eye and ear protection.
Pack to carry gear over intermediate terrain

Your entry fee includes a tee shirt, dinner, the use of a match provided 308 rifle and ammo with night vision, the use of a M-16 rifle and ammo.
There is more information at the link below. .
Should you have any questions feel free to call, PM, or e-mail me.
Thank you
Jim Findlay
Match director
509-884-1000
[email protected]

<span style="color: #FF0000">LINK TO SIGN IN PAGE, </span> HAVE A CREDIT CARD READY PLEASE

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jim the Plumber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is the sign in link for the 2013 Findlay Cup.
Jim
</div></div>

I can't shoot but I'll RO if you need people Jim... </div></div>
I can sure use the help.
Feel free to call me.
RO's get dinner and a t shirt, and get to dump a few rounds out of my 50 and an M-16 or M-60 MG.
(no hookers and blow this year, I went and settled down.)
Thanks
Jim
509-884-1000

Hello everyone,

Just got back from the Practical Rifle shoot in The Upper Nisqually Sportsman's Club. Everyone had a blast ringing steel out to 500+ yards! It was a nice balmy morning in western Washington, I can finally feel my toes, but I took a few shots with my camara, and don't ask me to list everyones names, as I can barely remember my own sometimes!

1-19-13001-Copy_zps9c1ec8b5.jpg

1-19-13003_zps38b69ba7.jpg

1-19-13004_zps07570f84.jpg

1-19-13005_zps0f5d20d3.jpg

I see a lot of rosey cheeks there...
Anyone go to the ralley @ the capital in Olympia today? I watched a 1st section piece on it on King 5 news.(It was the lead story) I was shocked!!! They came off as PRO 2A in the report. They interviewed several people there, didn't interject any opinoins, & only interviewed (found) 2 people who were against it because it was somhow demeaning to MLK having it on "his" weekend. Shocking!!!

Great meeting you all yesterday, first pratical rifle match, and a fun one at that, first time shooting out to 550 as well. Great match, really let me know where i need the most help and thats everywhere,lol.Im the one about two pics down, with remy in AICS. Broker and all the guys where very helpful in showing me the ropes and getting me acclamatied, good stuff on shooter software as well, broker. The beautiful 23 degree weather also helped tremendously. Great match and great meeting all of you all, damn good shooters as well.

Silverbullet great pics !

Great seeing you all and meeting some of you for the first time and as usual it was challenging once again showing what I need to work on to be a better competitor.
Running a new Savage .308 in an accustock really didn't do me any favors but even knowing that I still need barricade work without a doubt lol.

Unknown the changes you made to how the match was run worked fantastic and was appreciated for sure !

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AtOne</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...I still need barricade work without a doubt lol.</div></div>

You definitely have no excuse since you have access to that barricade whenever lol...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: abanks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great meeting you all yesterday, first pratical rifle match, and a fun one at that, first time shooting out to 550 as well. Great match, really let me know where i need the most help and thats everywhere,lol.Im the one about two pics down, with remy in AICS. Broker and all the guys where very helpful in showing me the ropes and getting me acclamatied, good stuff on shooter software as well, broker. The beautiful 23 degree weather also helped tremendously. Great match and great meeting all of you all, damn good shooters as well. </div></div>

Dude we're gonna get you some good dope before the next match and you'll be ready to rock it out. You did great though for your first time ever and no dope.

I finally got around to crunching numbers from yesterday's match, and here is the breakdown. TIMES ARE ONLY LISTED WHERE THEY BREAK A TIE. With the exception of the cold bore stage, time/round limits for the stages was 90 seconds/15 rounds. Various methods of making shooters load, reload, load loose rounds and so on were used throughout the match.

Bolt guns: Semi-auto

Kevin 20 points 258.56 seconds Anton 21 points 247.91 seconds
Ryan 16 points 256.55 seconds Nick 16 points 240.02 seconds
Eric 15 points 254.60 seconds
Jason 8 points 250.52 seconds
Mike 5 points 263.60 seconds
Aaron 4 points 247.74 seconds

Stage 1: targets were actually 94 yards from the firing line. Size of the scoring diamonds were:
1 point: 3 inches on the long axis, 2 inches across the short way
2 point: 1 3/8 inch long axis, 1 inch across the short way
3 point: 1/2 inch across the long axis, 5/16 acoss the short way

There were 15 points possible, and alot of people ended up shooting on someone else's target. The rules laid out prior to the shoot were that in any cases of targets having more than 5 shots, we will take the 5 best shots on the target. Many people (myself included) were lucky enough when some generous soul gave us some extra points. About 25% of the targets had extra hits on them.

Stage 1:
Kevin 10
Ryan 9
Anton 7
Eric 6
Nick 5
Aaron 3
MIke 2
Jason 1

Stage 2: Barricade stage. 4 points possible from each end of the barricade for a total of 8 points in the stage. Actual distance to the 6 inch squares was 94 yards, to the 5.5x8.5 rectangles 202 yards.

Anton 7
Nick 6/83.88
Kevin 6/84.75
Jason 3
Eric 2/88.02
Ryan 2/90.41
Aaron 0/81.36
Mike 0/90.0

Stage 3: Unsupported seated. The hits tell the whole story about what I (and maybe a few others) will be working on between now and the next match. Distances were 202 yards to the 8 inch round, 301 yards to the 8 inch round and 10 inch round, and 318 yards to the 50% IPSC target.

Eric 4
Nick 2/75.79
Kevin 2/86.05
Aaron 1/79.81
Jason 1/81.16
Ryan 1/84.33
Anton 1/84.52
Mike 0

Stage 4. Actual distances to targets were 370 and 426 yards to the 50% IPSC targets, and 497 and 523 to the 66% IPSC targets. Although there was barely enough wind to move the smoke coming out of a nearby chimney. it was enough to require holding off about half way between center and the edge of the 523 yard target if you wanted to hit it.

Anton 6
Ryan 4
Nick 3/80.35
Jason 3/82.72
Mike 3/83.34
Eric 3/87.53
Kevin 2
Aaron 0

All the new shooters were really great people to have attend the match. Good shooters, and all 'round great guys to be out shooting with. We hope they will return. If there are any technical, tactical, tips, loading data, or other ideas we can share to help you out, email any one of us, and I'm certain that anyone will be pleased to help with DOPE charts, suggestions about gear, loading, and just about anything else to make you feel welcome. I wasn't shy about asking someone about loading info from quickload, and it was a big help. (thanks again Attherange).

Broker, and I are already working on stages for the next match. Cot shoot will be one of the stages being perfected. Unless there are objections from other shooters, I would like to include more seated stages with easier to hit targets..at least until it gets a little bit easier to hit them.

See you all next time.

MATCHES ARE ALWAYS ON THE 3RD SATURDAY OF THE MONTH. ORIENTATION STARTS AT 8:30am, MATCH STARTS AT 10am.

Sounds like a good match. Next month is the JC Steel challenge but after taht if I dont work I will have to try these! Neat video too.

<span style="font-size: 14pt">There's 1 month left until Jake's match. I figure we have the next UNSC match between now and then for a train up, but we should have an Acme outing between now and then to work the distances beyond 700 and further our dope. Who's interested and what dates work for you so I can arrange it? I'll bring my barricade and roof top so we can get some practice finding the sweet spots on positions. Almost like a train up... but without professional teachers... or a mock course... and free... lol</span>

I'm in for Acme any weekend. I should have my rifle back any day now.

I'm not shooting match's this year but would be up for a day at Acme. Sundays would be best for me in the short term, may be tied up for the next few Saturdays running my middle son to wheelchair rugby practice. If Sundays don't work for you guys to practice, no big deal.

You're in luck. Looks like the snow has melted off up there in the last week.

I'm not sure the weather is going to cooperate this weekend Kirk...

Sunday looks like the best day right now... But that may well change in the next few days. It's supposed to rain tomorrow, so it might just snow up there again too. You never know.

Just a heads up, theres still slots for Scott's April match, its a great place to get the feet wet.

Broker,

That sounds good. I should be off this upcoming Monday and Tuesday. Either way if you could shoot me a PM with some co tact info ill give you a call and we can talk more. I haven't been to Acme and don't know of its location. Only been able to get to 440 yards out here safely.

Thanks,

BGE

For any of you who haven't seen this link in the 2nd amendment thread.
Ruger has made it easy to get letters to all your representatives, all you have to do is fill in your info and they'll take care of the rest for you.
Get on it even if you've written already have them send another for you
wink.gif

http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/takeAction.html

AtOne
It's an easy way to make our voice's heard. I used the Ruger website along with the many other ways to got our message out. I almost hate to admit I'm on Facebook but I posted the link there to try and get my friends to act also. We need to mention it to people in our daily lives too, I was at a wheelchair rugby tournament with my son this last weekend and talked to some of the other players to use it to voice their opinions.

I checked my email right after my last post in the SHWW thread and had and email from one of my state reps. Jason Overstreet. I believe we need to press all of our state reps. and the Governor to support this bill! Here a copy of the body of the email.

Hello Michael,

The unspeakably tragic events in Newtown and other locations around the country continue to make the case that more freedom, allowing the individual to protect themselves and those around them, is needed—not less. To believe that a law, such as a gun-free zone or ban on modern sporting rifles will protect innocents from those intent on doing great harm to them, is to fail to acknowledge that Connecticut has both. I will stand firmly against any encroachment on the law abiding citizen’s right to keep and bear arms. I swore an oath to do so.

Because I have taken an oath to ensure that the right to bear arms “shall not be impaired…” or “infringed,” I have co-sponsored HB 1371, The Washington State Firearms Freedom Act of 2013. This bill respects and solidifies the law abiding citizen’s U.S. and Washington State constitutional rights under both the second amendment and Article 1, Section 24, respectively.

The Washington State Firearms Freedom Act has four components:

The federal government would have no jurisdiction over firearms and ammunition that are produced and that remain exclusively within the boundaries of the State of Washington.

During the continuance of any state of emergency, when individual protection is needed most, neither the governor nor any governmental entity, or political subdivision of the state shall impose any restriction on the possession, transfer, sale, transport, storage, display or use of firearms or ammunition that is otherwise authorized or guaranteed by law.

Makes unenforceable any federal law, rule, regulation or order created after January 1, 2013 intended to ban or restrict ownership of a semi-automatic firearm or any magazine of a firearm, or that requires any firearm, magazine, or other firearm accessory to be registered in any manner.

Creates penalties for the violation of certain provisions.

Please show your support of the individual citizen’s constitutional right to keep and bear arms by contacting all members of the Washington State Legislature and asking them to stand for freedom by supporting this bill.

Persevero,

Jason Overstreet, Representative (42nd - LD)

Washington State House of Representatives

Phone: 360-786-7980

Office: PO BOX 40600 Olympia, WA 98504

Visit my Web site: www.houserepublicans.wa.gov/overstreet

Fellow Puget Sound Shooter!

I need alittle help here... I live in Silverdale area and have a spot about 20-30 min away that is good for up to 500 meter of safe shooting. Here's where I need help...

I just got a Oregon Bear tag and would like some DOPE on a newer rifle out alittle farther. (Looking for 1000+) I do not liter shooting areas, bring back more then I brought and my shooting is always safety oriented. I have a nice steel target to use so if you have a good safe strech of land on know one with-in 100 mi let me know! I will also up date when Bear seasons over with my (could be record Bear!) Unless its like last year lol

I have this Mon and Tuesday off (28-29th) so let me know.

Thanks,

Reed

I live over in Brownsville. There's not much locally yet. I've been scouting areas and still haven't found one that's 100% legal to shoot on where we can get that distance. I'll pm you my info and I can go over areas with you.

Next weekend is looking better on weather. Let's get this party started. What's available for most.... Saturday the 2nd or Sunday the 3rd?