• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Puget Sound Area Shooter's Group

I just talked to Carl and we will have a mover set up at the Winter shoot! Please be sure to thank Carl, Brent, Jake and anyone else that supports our habit, its guys like this that make our sport rock!

Anton and Kevin,
Thanks for have us guys from Portland today. I had a good time. It was a challenging course of fire. I hope to make a cople more as the months click by.

It was nice catching up.

Great shooting as well. Looks like you are figuring out how to run a match and shoot at the same time.

Thank you two for all the efforts in putting on another successful match. Definitely a lot of fun and those first two stages were definitely quite the challenge!

When I thought up those first two stages for the 550 yard range, I had no idea they would be so tough. I thought at least one person would get all 10 targets. I guess thats what I get for not doing a dry run on the stages before putting them on for the match. It just wouldn't seem fair for me to pratice the stages then put them on for the match though..

Between the flu, hunting season, lousy weather, surprise shifts at work and the October match being only two weeks previous (19 October) we had 13 shooters yesterday, in REALLY windy conditions. It all worked out well, and I hope everyone who got the flu recovers quickly. Sorry to hear that so many of you are down. Get well soon!

Last edited:
Regardless of the weather, I had an awesome time with the smaller group yesterday and with the conditions, learned ALOT about my rifle. Thanks again for putting on a kick ass match!

That doghouse was hell. I'd like another crack at it though, maybe with a little more time. Nonetheless, an awesome match. I'll be at the Vantage match next month, but I'll be back in January. Thanks Kevin and Anton!

Willys46,
Nice seeing you again! It was great to get a chance to catch up with you, and to see more people coming up from the Portland Area. It took a while for us to get this going up here, but the work has been worth it. We have been fortunate to have a great bunch of people attending the matches here. Over time, we have grown it from a "bring some steel" to having plenty of our own stuff to work with. We hope that you, and the others from the Portland area are able to continue coming up when time permits.

Everyone,
I think the doghouse bit lots of shooters at Saturday's match. A number of shooters commented on the time. Maybe next time we will increase the time from 90 to 120 or 180 seconds with an appropriate round count to match.

Last edited:
When I thought up those first two stages for the 550 yard range, I had no idea they would be so tough. I thought at least one person would get all 10 targets. I guess thats what I get for not doing a dry run on the stages before putting them on for the match. It just wouldn't seem fair for me to pratice the stages then put them on for the match though..

Between the flu, hunting season, lousy weather, surprise shifts at work and the October match being only two weeks previous (19 October) we had 13 shooters yesterday, in REALLY windy conditions. It all worked out well, and I hope everyone who got the flu recovers quickly. Sorry to hear that so many of you are down. Get well soon!

No it was great, you should do that stage again. I would definitely like more then three points! Maybe 120 seconds vs 100 though. I think that extra 20 seconds would make all the difference

No it was great, you should do that stage again. I would definitely like more then three points! Maybe 120 seconds vs 100 though. I think that extra 20 seconds would make all the difference

I know that there were two occasions in yesterday's match where my rifle settled, and the reticle in my scope wasn't even doing it's normal wobble while on the target. I was just pressing the trigger, and had applied about half the pressure needed to break the trigger when the buzzer sounded. I opted to not "TAKE THE SHOT" (as on the Saturday Night live skit with Baldwin), because yanking the trigger rather than using good trigger control would most likely have resulted in a miss AND a penalty for an over time shot. But I was disappointed that my sights were exactly where I wanted them, and I had the trigger about half way pressed...I just hated that the trigger didn't break a tenth of a second sooner. At leasts I wasn't the only person who was surprised at how fast the 100 seconds went by. In my head the though that kept echoing was "You're kidding me...that was 100 seconds"? 100 seconds in the dentist's chair lasts MUCH longer.

Hey Shooters,
I'm on my way back from the Las Vegas match and just got the word from UNSC that i can have the 100 and 550 on Sat 16 Nov then the 550 and 175 on 17 Nov. Who is interested in a precision rifle class? I could handle up to 6 guys. The class would be a hybrid basic and match enhancement class. Unkown said we can use his barricades. Hit me up on here or email and I'll send out specifics. Expect to shoot a minimum of 150 rounds

Scott, Congrats on the 6th place finish at the Vegas PRS invitational ! Well done ;)

Hey Shooters,
I'm on my way back from the Las Vegas match and just got the word from UNSC that i can have the 100 and 550 on Sat 16 Nov then the 550 and 175 on 17 Nov. Who is interested in a precision rifle class? I could handle up to 6 guys. The class would be a hybrid basic and match enhancement class. Unkown said we can use his barricades. Hit me up on here or email and I'll send out specifics. Expect to shoot a minimum of 150 rounds

Just another little reminder that I am in need of some RO's for our spring event, March 1st and 2nd.

It will get you food all weekend, pick off the prize table, and a couple shirts, a day to pre shoot the COF free, and will get you 50% off the following years match entry fee. PLEASE!!!! LOL

Hey everyone I'm closing the registration for the Washington winter match tomorrow so I can get the info to all the shooters. Contact me if you have any questions. Also it would be nice to get some more R/O's, you will get free entry into my summer match a shirt and subway for lunch.
Thanks!

Hey Shooters,
I have one guy committed to the class on 16-17 Nov. I would like to get 3 more. The details of the class are listed below.
We will start each day at 0800 and finish up by 1600 with a break for lunch and B-Sing.
Cost is $400 for the weekend and $100 of that goes back to the range.
We will work fundamentals and gun handling AM on Saturday on the 100 range, then move over to the 550 in the PM to gather data, read winds, Dialing the scope, hold over/unders and spotting.
Sunday AM we will be back on the 550 and work range estimation and barricades. Sunday PM will move back to the 100 work traditional positions and check on our fundamental.
The class size is small so I can be flexible with various skill level shooters. The course would be great for beginners as well as intermediate practical rifle shooters.
Gear required:
Rifle with scope
Rear bag
Sling
Ear pro
150 rounds of ammo
Comfort items:
rain gear
shooting matt
I have one school house 308 loner gun if needed.

Last edited:
If anyone has killed and critters with rifles wearing Benchmark Barrels, please post them if you have time on the hunting and fishing link on here. It would be awesome to see everyones success, or if you make tag soup, shoot your tag and post that! Happy hunting! I'm leaving for late whitetail on Monday :)
CR

Chris, heading over to my inlaws new place by Addy on Wednesday for the late hunt, bought an actual hunting rifle Tikka T3 lite stainless in 270wsm, no sure why but I did, got to zero it tomorrow hoping the rut starts early. Jeff hope you had some success on your hunt.

Thanks mjh. But we had no success. I saw 2 spike bulls during deer season, & only spikes, & 2pts. Had one chance at a legal elk but wasn't fast enough.
Good luck on your hunt.

Folks,

Just got back from India. Every time I come back to the U.S. I thank God that I live here. We are so fortunate in so many ways. Wish I could give all the America haters a one way ticket to select destinations around the world.

Also came back to my backordered H4350 so I can get my .260 Rem off the ground. I'm using Lapua brass with CCI 200/BR2 primers. I have Lapua 139 scenars and 142 SMKs to try out. Looking around the net and Hodgdon's loading data I'm not quite sure where to start. I don't see the classic loads like one sees with the .308.

If anybody wants to share their bolt gun pet loads I'd be most appreciative. Feel free to PM me if you are not comfortable posting load information.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ed

Folks,

Just got back from India. Every time I come back to the U.S. I thank God that I live here. We are so fortunate in so many ways. Wish I could give all the America haters a one way ticket to select destinations around the world.

Also came back to my backordered H4350 so I can get my .260 Rem off the ground. I'm using Lapua brass with CCI 200/BR2 primers. I have Lapua 139 scenars and 142 SMKs to try out. Looking around the net and Hodgdon's loading data I'm not quite sure where to start. I don't see the classic loads like one sees with the .308.

If anybody wants to share their bolt gun pet loads I'd be most appreciative. Feel free to PM me if you are not comfortable posting load information.

Ed

Hey Ed!

Welcome back(!) and congrats on finally receiving your fixin's for the 260. Here's my pet-load for mine:

43.0gr of H4350
139gr Scenars
Norma 260 Rem Brass (minor prep, trimmed, but not turned)
CCI BR-1 Primers
Chrono'd @ 2800-ish fps

As you can see, my 260 seems to really like this recipe ;)

Ryan's_Desktop.jpg

Enjoy!

Ry

Last edited:
I use the same 139 scenars, lapua, CCI br primers, 43.3 gives me 2855 out a 26 inch barrel, also I jump them about .30. Depending on your chamber you may be able to go a little higher.
M

Kevin, what time are you going? I'm not a member there but have always wanted to check it out can you bring a guest?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

My loads for 260 Rem:

144 Lapua bullet
Winchester 7mm-08 cases necked down to 6.5mm
CCI-BR2 primer
C.O.A.L. = 2.790 inches
42.7 grains of H4350

140 Sierra BTHP
Winchester 7mm-08 cases necked down to 6.5mm
CCI-BR2 primer
43.8 grains of H4350
Velocity is 2880 FPS

Rifle is a Defiance Machine action, Obermeyer 5R barrel with 1-8.75 twist, 27 inches long from recoil lug to crown (brake on end)
I would have to dig through old records for the velocity of the 144 grain bullet, but IIRC, it was pretty close to the same as the 140 grain load. Both loads are VERY accurate, and show no pressure sighs. Bolt lift is very smooth, primers aren't mashed flat, and cases don't even seem to need trimming after firing and neck sizing.

Kevin, what time are you going? I'm not a member there but have always wanted to check it out can you bring a guest?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

I'll be there around 10 and yes I can bring a guest or two. It is a $10 charge for a guest. Sending PM.

Here is the course of fire for the 07 December 2013 match at Upper Nisqually. If we resume use of the 100 yard range, we will make appropriate adjustments to the courses of fire. Reservation list is now open for the first 20 shooters, and 5 alternates.

December 2013
530 yard T9-66% left T10-66% right
500 yard T8-66% center right
435 yard T7-50% center
400 yard T6-50% center right
300 yard T5-12” center left
200 yard T3-10” left T4-8” right
100 yard T1-6” left T2-6” right

Doghouse 10 rounds 20 points possible 150 seconds
Start standing behind the doghouse with 10 rounds loaded in the rifle at the low ready. Upon the start signal move into the doghouse and use the designated ports to engage the odd number targets in order (1,3,5,7,9) then switch to another designated port and engage the even number targets in order (2,4,6,8,10). Hits are worth 2 points each.

Barrel to barricade 10 rounds 20 points possible 120 seconds
Start standing behind the barrel with 10 rounds loaded in the rifle at the low ready. Upon the start signal use the barrel as support to engage the three round targets (T3, T4, T5) with one round each. The shooter will then move to the horizontal barricade and engage two 6” squares at 100 yards (T1, T2), then the IPSC targets in order (T6, T7, T8, T9, T10). All shots will be from the top of the barricade. Hits are worth 2 points each.

Hold over only 10 rounds 20 points possible 75 seconds
Start standing behind an empty rifle on the ground. Upon the start signal the shooter will go prone, load and then engage the targets in REVERSE order (T10, T9, T8, T7, T6 etc..) using only reticle hold over. The optic turrets may be set to any setting prior to the start of the stage, but, once the stage has started optic setting may not be changed. Hits are worth 2 points each.

Standing unsupported to seated supported 10 rounds 20 points possible 120 seconds
Start standing with 10 rounds loaded in the rifle at the low ready. Upon the start signal engage the two 6” squares at 100 yards (T1, T2) from the standing unsupported position and then transition to the seated supported position utilizing the tripod and engage the remaining targets in order (T3, T4, T5, T6 etc..). Hits are worth 2 points each.

We are moving to posting more of the match results and courses of fire in the Tactical Competitions section of Snipershide, so look there if you don't find the info you seek here.
The match signup list is in the Tactical Competitions section.

Last edited:
Do you have to be a member of UNSC to attend the match? I have been wanting to join anyway though.

Akiata no you don't have to be a member. Match fee is $20 for members or non members and well worth it for a challenging and fun day of shooting.

Varget, IMR 7828, IMR 3031, Unique 8# jugs, RL17 in 1# & 5#, Ramshot Tac, and various other powders just arrived.

Just got my email notification from Rifles only that I'm confirmed for the 2014 Bushnell Brawl, Pretty stoked to give this a go !
Going to be a brutal but fun month in Feb. with the Brawl and a week later Jakes match...better get loading lol.

Folks,

Ed

Sierra 142 SMK
H4350 @ 43.5gr
Nosler Brass
Federal 210M primer
2780 out of a 22" barrel
Started at .020" off the lands but after 2k rounds I'm at .048ish and I never adjusted seating depth and it shot great the whole time.

Have put over 2300 rounds on that barrel since this time last year...Its about due here pretty quick for sure lol.

AtOne,
Well that takes care of one barrel....I hope you have another one waiting.

Jeremy saw that your going too, Thats awesome !
Thought about working out some travel plans with you but think it would tough to time everything right seeing as we'd be leaving from two different states...
Have you made your flight plans yet ? I'm still working out the logistics of when I need to get there, let alone leave lol.

For anyone interested there's a great thread in the tactical competitions forum started by Frank ,regarding making a new association for competitions in this sport.
If you have any thoughts on what could make it ideal get over there and post ! Its a ground up build so input now only helps make it better.
Read it through as many ideas have been posted so far.
http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...0400-2014-approaches-does-need-addressed.html

Looking forward to hear how Scott's training session went, I'm sure who ever went is going to come away with a ton of knowledge they can apply at the next few matches.

Hey Guys and Gals,
I am still waiting on the word from Roger Stiller the lead R/O at UNSC for Dec 26-27. I had to slide the class to the right a month in order to get a larger class. We have 4-5 guys already interested in the Dec class I will keep you guys posted. I can handle up to 6 guys, which will keep the round count to 150 or so and allow for a solid instructor to student ratio.
The details of the class are listed below.
We will start each day at 0800 and finish up by 1600 with a break for lunch and B-Sing.
Cost is $400 for the weekend and $100 of that goes back to the range.
We will work fundamentals and gun handling AM on Saturday on the 100 range, then move over to the 550 in the PM to gather data, read winds, Dialing the scope, hold over/unders and spotting.
Sunday AM we will be back on the 550 and work range estimation and barricades. Sunday PM will move back to the 100 work traditional positions and check on our fundamental.
The class size is small so I can be flexible with various skill level shooters. The course would be great for beginners as well as intermediate practical rifle shooters.
Gear required:
Rifle with scope
Rear bag
Sling
Ear pro
150 rounds of ammo
Comfort items:
rain gear
shooting matt

Anette, it's held at Rifles Only in Kingsville Texas. Kingsville is about 2.5 hours south of San Antonio.

Just to get an idea of how many might be interested, I am thinking of opening up our Zip LIne on Friday before the match. 2600 foot zip line, second longest in the US, 45 mile an hour at 200 foot above the ground.

Anyone???

Just to get an idea of how many might be interested, I am thinking of opening up our Zip LIne on Friday before the match. 2600 foot zip line, second longest in the US, 45 mile an hour at 200 foot above the ground.

Anyone???

YES AND YES! Lol...

Round count?

Size and. Number of targets from the zip line?

Anyone???