• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Punch list for repairs

When I login I get a "system error has occurred" and the dialog box asks me to login with facebook.

Once i get past that box I can still see the site as I am logged in, however If I close that page or open SH in a new tab i have to login again and again and again.

Same thing happens with safari.

That one has been covered. Make sure your bookmark is https://forum.snipershide.com and NOT http://........

Guys

Understand the 1st Post for every thread repeats itself on the subsequent pages, so if you just look at the first post, it will be the same no matter how pages a thread has... that way if you have 3+ pages the guy responding can actually see what the original post was ...

I have a feeling people are just looking at the first post and not the rest when they think it's not moving page wise ... if you look at the other responses you'll see it's different

I just got a similar report from another member using ipad and iphone. Next page goes nowhere.
Have you tried typing in the page number and then hitting go? Not saying that's a solution. Just trying to help nail down the exact failure.

Also, are you tapping the next page link at the top of the page or the one at the bottom?

Yes i have tried typing the number in, same result. Mainly use the bottom of the page. But have used the top with the same result.
Another thing I noticed and is in place as I type. The OP from the start of the thread is at the top of every page. Some times it will let me switch pages but the OP is at the top.

Guys

Understand the 1st Post for every thread repeats itself on the subsequent pages, so if you just look at the first post, it will be the same no matter how pages a thread has... that way if you have 3+ pages the guy responding can actually see what the original post was ...

I have a feeling people are just looking at the first post and not the rest when they think it's not moving page wise ... if you look at the other responses you'll see it's different

This is only true for me part of the time. Most of the time the page never turns.

Using an iPad and probably your phone there is a block in the settings, you have to allow it to read the site.

Try resetting the browser history in your phone as most have not done this and then I will look to find what the setting to change is...

By default it blocks cookies If I remember right

This may be way down on your to do list but I've still not been able to be given access to the law enforcement page. I'll be happy to PM a pic of my credentials if necessary. Thanx

Id still like to be able to go straight to page three of a thread from the thread listings or whatever it is called like on every other forum rather than having to open the first page and then type in the number and then finally get there. I spend half my time clicking through multiple pages just to get to the end of a thread

Holy Cow, I just clicked on the Post, above my name and it took me here.

VBulletin removed the page numbers from vB 5

But my guy is working on a mod and as soon as it is ready we will bring back page numbers

I'm unable to open the DT sticky. I get this message every time.
1b13916cc4560fe6f08982a490be5be9.jpg

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

Sorry just saw this, I had already opened up another thread but I will post this here.
This is the message I get when trying to log in:

The software is experiencing a systems error.

You should attempt to repeat your last action. If this error occurs again, please contact the site administrator.

However, there appears to be an intersting work-around. I opened a new tab to post this and it auto logged me in. I have the main forum page up and it shows me as not logged in (even when I refresh it still asks me to log in). I right-click on a sub forum and I am logged in on that page. interesting.

I can't help you with threads not opening...

We cannot recreate them and it works for me no matter what browser I use.. experiment with different browser

But nothing I can do to fix local problem except to tell you that they are generally browser related and based on your settings

To get to the end of the thread you just hit the >> button next to the name ... it's not that hard takes you there automatically

Holy Cow, I just clicked on the Post, above my name and it took me here.

VBulletin removed the page numbers from vB 5

But my guy is working on a mod and as soon as it is ready we will bring back page numbers

Ahhhhhh, the little downward pointing white arrows in the green circle! Holy crap I cant believe thats it. Muuuuuuuuch better.

I just figured those were bullet points or something making it easy to parse the threads to easily tell between them with the monochrome background, never imagined that they were actually hot links. I first noticed them on my phone and theres no hold over option with a touch screen telling you what they are and they are far too small for me to actually click on with my fingers. On a pc I can tell what they are. You just cut my navigating time in half sir, I appreciate it.

I am unable to send this as a PM because Lowlight has a full inbox.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Frank,

Frank the online training videos, some will play no problem and others I cannot play.

An example of one that will play: "Follow Through Revisited - More on Trigger Control"
Introduction to Drills Moving Targets Part Two Putting in the Effort

Example of videos that will not play: Introduction to Drills
Recoil Management Part Two
Shooting with a Sling Part One

On the videos that will not play, when I open the link everything looks ok except--on the video at the bottom after the play button (triangle) where you would usually see a bar to indicate how much of the video had played it says: "error" and nothing plays when the play button is clicked.

Mostly I use Safari, but I have cleared cookies with no change. Then I tried Firefox, still no change.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Don

I will check out those videos, there are clearly errors showing in the player... I have all the original videos so I can upload them.

But I will continue to work on the online training stuff as some were posted to BoxSpring on Scout and that is gone. I still have my original system so we can repair any videos,

This list is a good start

Before you say anything, I've cleared cache and reloaded and everything possible each time.

It logs me out randomly. I go to a new page, logged out. I can then go to 20 without a problem and then randomly logged out.

Then when logging in, it sometimes takes me 10+ tries to get back on as it just takes the username/password, does like its logging me in, and then right back to empty username/password. This can go over and over.

Before you say anything, I've cleared cache and reloaded and everything possible each time.

It logs me out randomly. I go to a new page, logged out. I can then go to 20 without a problem and then randomly logged out.

Then when logging in, it sometimes takes me 10+ tries to get back on as it just takes the username/password, does like its logging me in, and then right back to empty username/password. This can go over and over.

It's your browser, what the setting is doing it I have no idea, but switch browsers I bet it goes away

Unless you mess with the privacy settings or add SH to a trusted site, I cannot tell you want the problem is.

it's random for a reason and errors we can fix are not random, what that says is, you have a setting different than the majority who are not having an problem

I've been unable to view the online training since we switched back from Scout. Is there something I need to do to regain access to the videos?

Last edited:
Use this post to identify something I have to address. Can be forum level, user level, etc. If you want your post count updated give me a number, by posting I have your account info and can fix it asap that way. Easiest way to get things done, post it here, and I let me fix it.

Happy to help, but you have to help me, details matter... if someone can't post and you know what is up, pass it along.

Frank, I am just happy to be home ! Thank you for all the work you do!

I've been unable to view the online training since we switched back from Scout. Is there something I need to do to regain access to the videos?

Pay...

Or show me you had a yearly subscription at scout... it's not my job to monitor your account. And again, this drives me nuts, this site is not SCOUT, we did not manually transfer your account from scout to here. Nothing was brought over. Hell not even the money they owed me... you guys do realize I was never paid a dime the entire time for the premium accounts, yet here I am personally honoring the money you spent and they kept.

I don't get people thinking their scout stuff will automatically work here, we made that clear up front, before we officially moved.

Pay...

Or show me you had a yearly subscription at scout... it's not my job to monitor your account. And again, this drives me nuts, this site is not SCOUT, we did not manually transfer your account from scout to here. Nothing was brought over. Hell not even the money they owed me... you guys do realize I was never paid a dime the entire time for the premium accounts, yet here I am personally honoring the money you spent and they kept.

I don't get people thinking their scout stuff will automatically work here, we made that clear up front, before we officially moved.

Okay, sorry I missed the memo. I'll try to pm you the information.

Pay...

Or show me you had a yearly subscription at scout... it's not my job to monitor your account. And again, this drives me nuts, this site is not SCOUT, we did not manually transfer your account from scout to here. Nothing was brought over.

Oh... I thought you guys were still working on getting the training up and running. I dropped you a PM about a month ago, right after the move back, with my proof of payment info (a screen shot from my Scout account). Is there a better way to get you the info?

Hell not even the money they owed me... you guys do realize I was never paid a dime the entire time for the premium accounts, yet here I am personally honoring the money you spent and they kept.

What a bunch of fucking assholes :-( You're a good man, Frank.

Guys, I am doing my best to keep up, I had the Private Messages down to 25 and now they are back to 60...

The Online training is up and running, I was in there today fixing a bunch of the old videos as the code was wrong, simple fix, but time consuming. We are stilling doing some server work on the back side to optimize the performance that is a lot of back and forth with vendors over software that is not behaving correctly and the guys are working on the skins to add another "darker" version so at night you are not blasted with white.

But I am chipping away as I can, and still trying to hit the range, as I need to keep adding content too.

So apologies for the delays on getting to everyone's accounts, i am working on it

I had to shut the shout box off to diagnose an error with the 500 server codes...

i am looking to add it to a "tab" versus on this page... but i shut it off at the server guys requests as it was buggy as hell and clogging up the works

is it possible to force https? when I just type forum.snipershide.com I never stay logged in unless I type https in front

Thanks for getting this place up and running so fast! We know you're busting your ass... it's greatly appreciated.

I had to shut the shout box off to diagnose an error with the 500 server codes...

i am looking to add it to a "tab" versus on this page... but i shut it off at the server guys requests as it was buggy as hell and clogging up the works

Maybe one of these days the new chat could be an Omegle style video/voice chat. ;)

I don't particularly care. Frank's got better things to do right now... maybe once things slow down I'll e-mail him, but in the grand scheme of things it really aint a big deal.

Ok, looked through 14 pages and didn't see it mentioned. Unless I'm missing something, Is there a way to only show the threads with new replies (with bold titles) on a board from the last time it was visited. Does that make sense?

The logo on the left will be darker vs grayed out if no replies came... don't thing the thread itself changes in this version. You can try new topics or latest activity to see what is going on

thread titles are now showing in black!!! THANK YOU FRANK!!! Makes browsing the forum so much faster and easier to read as they dont blend in to all the other text!

The logo on the left will be darker vs grayed out if no replies came... don't thing the thread itself changes in this version. You can try new topics or latest activity to see what is going on

Thanks, just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something.

I can't open the Desert Tech thread that's stickied under Bolt Action rifles in tapatalk. Works just fine on the site directly so it's not a big deal at all, just thought I'd bring it up in case I'm not the only one.

Glidder here, This is old info from Scout , need to update on new site
Rating:

4.0/5 on all sites
Title: Sergeant

Also any chance User name can be corrected to Glider .

​​​​​​​thx

RANDOM ISSUE JUST POPPED UP ON MY ACCOUNT:

Starting sometime last night I started getting "notifications" on every thread in the Firearms for Sale thread as it moves to the top of the page. None of these are threads that I've even posted in much less subscribed to.

Ive tried managing my subscriptions but it doesn't show me subscribed to any of those threads. In fact, all of my subscriptions are from 2014 or earlier and when I try to unsubscribe as soon as I click the next thread it re-subscribes me to one above, so as I move down the list it only lets me unsubscribe to the one I'm clicking on then changes the one above it back to subscribed.

Im on an iPad running the latest iOS if that's a factor.

If if I didn't something weird in settings just let me know, but I can't find the issue in my settings.

Thanks for any help,
Bogey