• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PVA Black Friday Barrel Lead Time

Yup and maybe it's my action idk but i think i can see why certain smiths don't really like the idea of pre-fit/shouldered barrels. Hell of a deal price wise, i could've sent the action in but didn't think they needed it.

That's just it, several Smith's will cut a barrel for several actions without seeing it. Most people don't check them, I am guilty of that with my desert tech. It could very well be tolerance stacking causing it. I am confident that if PVA decides it needs to be fixed that it will be a quick turnaround based on other posts I've seen from them. It's a simple fix for them if it is even enough to worry about. I didn't see how much it was off so I'm not sure.

Reactions: 5RWill
S~ 5RWill, I just read your posts on the Impact thread and frankly I'm a bit worried that you know enough to be dangerous and not enough to be safe when if comes to headspace and barrel fitting. These rifles are not AR's and not Plug-n-Play. The fact that you didn't know where to put the tape on the headspace gauges gives me pause. I would recommend you take everything to your local smith or at least someone that KNOW's what their doing to check things out.
This is all new to me as far as assembly which is why I’m not plugging and playing and the reason i have the gauges. Admittedly i didn’t understand where to put the tape because i have never done this until now. Never had a switch barrel rifle or assembled an action. But yeah that would be the reason in consulting you all and the smiths this is not my area of expertise. Though it was always my point of view that going shouldered over barrel nut was to ensure proper headspacing and quicker barrel change without using the gauges. Either way contacting PVA to let them do it. Despite my lack of experience i know it’s not supposed to close on a no go.

I am confident that if PVA decides it needs to be fixed that it will be a quick turnaround based on other posts I've seen from them. It's a simple fix for them if it is even enough to worry about. I didn't see how much it was off so I'm not sure.

Yeah i have no doubt. Josh is a good dude.

Last edited:
Just talked to PVA gonna send them the barreled action tomorrow and let them set it.

If Josh sells you an action, he measures it and keeps on file. I just order a shouldered barrel for my TL2
and torque it on to 75lbs and I'm GTG.

I have a pva shouldered barrel for my impact. It went on without issue. Go gauge closes and no-go does not.

I have a pva shouldered barrel for my impact. It went on without issue. Go gauge closes and no-go does not.

Didn't have any issues getting it on. Just closes on a no go, in that vein so does my tempest though. How did yours index as far as the PVA logo?

Last edited:
Nice i'm sure it will be fine once i get it back. Mine indexes between 11 and 12 O'clock.

Oh man. I hadn’t thought how that plays into things for fixing it. I think you’ve got a good perspective though. Based on my interactions with PVA they seem to really care about the quality of their work and will fix it right.

Oh man. I hadn’t thought how that plays into things for fixing it. I think you’ve got a good perspective though. Based on my interactions with PVA they seem to really care about the quality of their work and will fix it right.

Truthfully while it would be aesthetically pleasing for it to index correctly it's not that big of a deal to me if it doesn't, as long as it's in spec and shoots that's all i really want. I'm not worried just hope it can be done in a timely manner given all the wait.

I sent an email asking for an update on my Black Friday barrel, no response. Who else is waiting on their Black Friday Barrel order?

They sent out an email saying they would have order close to complete by now, which is why I’m curious.

Man, I gotta feel for you guys. Next weekend will be June. o_O That's a long way off from Black Friday.

Kind of makes me wonder if the savings were worth the wait(?)...

I completely agree! I ordered my first 6.5 PRC and I have everything set up ready to go. Just waiting. And waiting. And waiting.

Mine arrived two months ago, was wrong, sent back (not on my dime, thankfully), still waiting. I'm worried its going to be Black Friday again before I shoot this thing.

I will say one thing about the barrel I received, it is machined like no other than I've seen!

I have an LRI for my RPR and a PVA 6 Dasher, the LRI took 4 weeks while the PVA was damn near a year. Both are very nicely machined. Haven't had a chance to put BB's through either one but I sure won't be waiting a year for another PVA.

Mine arrived two months ago, was wrong, sent back (not on my dime, thankfully), still waiting. I'm worried its going to be Black Friday again before I shoot this thing.

SUX!!

It wouldn’t be that bad if they would update or reply to emails. Being in the dark is the worst part.

20190529_105809.jpg
20190529_105947.jpg
20190529_110038.jpg
20190529_105615.jpg
20190529_113111.jpg
20190529_113717.jpg

Guys I just got back from maternity leave yesterday. I'm gonna to be catching up on emails for the next few days although I probably won't get to all of them so if you have something pressing please send it directly to [email protected]. I will get to those emails first and that's specifically for you guys here and the Hancock/Nucleus guys in the other thread.

Rick, who some of you might know as the guy who was answering the phone and doing emails for a while, has taken another job more geared towards his career field of intel work. We were very lucky to have him on hand for as long as we did. That being said I'm going to be back exclusively on comms for a while.

I sent an email out to a large number of folks yesterday morning covering the majority of the Black Friday barrels and then some. If you didn't receive the email don't worry. There is going to be another update email for the remainder of people coming out in the next day or two that weren't the more common calibers. Hopefully this will save us both some time making/answering phone calls and emails.

We got a crate in from Rock Creek while I was out and machining started last week on them. After this crate of barrels we should be back on track as far as lead times go and they will continue to come down throughout the year. Huge thanks to Rock Creek for working their asses off to get us what we need.

There are some barrels we did not get blanks for so I am working on a solution for that as well but that's only a handful of people.

Just talked to josh everything checked out. Apparently my gauge was a little smaller than theirs. Or i was using too much force closing but i didn’t feel as if i was forcing anything. Anyhow quick turn around him, Rick, and Jeremy were all great to deal with. Kind of makes me think it is the gauge i just never thought it would be. Cause my Tempest does the same and it's been checked prior to me checking it without issue, also have 12+ firings on 6.5x47 with that particular chamber without issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: shooter65
I got a ton of barrels out today. I also sent out quite a few email notifications for final production.

Very early next week I will be touching base with everyone else who didn't get an email yet. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
I really appreciate the updates. Thanks.

Order number 4474 here. Not nagging, just curious on updates.... excited like a kid in Christmas morning to get this barrel.

Sure is frustrating to be waiting for a barrel now over 6 months and see posts on FB and other places of guys getting barrels from PVA with only a 2-3 week wait. ??‍♂️

Reactions: Jeeper48
Sure is frustrating to be waiting for a barrel now over 6 months and see posts on FB and other places of guys getting barrels from PVA with only a 2-3 week wait. ??‍♂️

I’m right there with you. I ordered a barrel Jan 21st. Still no word.

In the same boat. Ordered in March, now they offer a discount and guaranteed shipping by end of August.

I'm still waiting and will likely be pushed to the end of the line.