• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PVA Status Updates: Hancock Rifle & NUCLEUS Barreled Action

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for the muzzlebrake coupon code

Hell, I didnt even see that. gone now. lol

I didn't see a muzzle break code either. I just paid for my rifle, I hope I get an opportunity to get a break on a brake.
I think in an earlier post, Josh said to order and pay for the brake separately to keep the cost below $2000.

screenshot_20181205-134821_gallery-jpg.6981173

Is this just a tease or what?
default_nfa%20stamp.gif

default_segrin.gif

FYI, I have had a nucleus for months. has 600+ rounds through it. Josh and Ted did an awesome job on getting this action slick bc its smoother than my nucleus.

Reactions: Srgt. Hulka
I just heard from PVA that anyone who has ordered a John Hancock in 6mm CM, RH, and Black KRG stock, that they don't mind if you haven't paid. PVA told me that they hope you ignore their requests for payment and that they are going to send your rifle out anyway. :geek:

Last edited:
If I may ask, why is the 6.5 PRC 24in?

I do look forward to seeing more photos.. I just put my blem bravo on the rem700 vtr 308 I re-purposed from my brother...

Before and after. I put my other nucleus into the bravo with an arca rail, W3 for end, and spigot.

Attachments

• 20181205_140527.jpg
    20181205_140527.jpg
    267.8 KB · Views: 149
  • 20181205_213834.jpg
    20181205_213834.jpg
    271.1 KB · Views: 155
I sure love all the pics!! I cannot wait til I can post pics of mine. OK, I have typed enough, I need to get back to refreshing my email.......

I feel like all the JH guys need to get together into a plt/co./bn. and do some "army training" with their new rifles...

Order 1929..... dont expect to see it for a while..... Christmas new years then shot show..... maybe in the spring

Order 1929..... dont expect to see it for a while..... Christmas new years then shot show..... maybe in the spring
Your Nucleus barreled action is on the top of the list for guys in the next batch of Nucleus actions. We are waiting for more actions to arrive right now.
I spoke to ARC this week twice and they found an issue with the latest batch of bolt heads that came back from DLC plating. They are optimistic we will get them just before Christmas.

Your Nucleus barreled action is on the top of the list for guys in the next batch of Nucleus actions. We are waiting for more actions to arrive right now.
I spoke to ARC this week twice and they found an issue with the latest batch of bolt heads that came back from DLC plating. They are optimistic we will get them just before Christmas.

Sorry for the ignorance, but the bolts are DLC? I thought the whole action is nitrited

If you don't mind me asking, where would that put #1843 for a barreled action?

If you don't mind me asking, where would that put #1843 for a barreled action?
In the same batch as his.
The order numbers are not particularly telling because our system has every order in the same contiguous order. A barrel nut ordered today will be almost 4000 but it will also ship today. Same with Hancock orders, barreled actions, etc.

In the same batch as his.
The order numbers are not particularly telling because our system has every order in the same contiguous order. A barrel nut ordered today will be almost 4000 but it will also ship today. Same with Hancock orders, barreled actions, etc.
Awesome, thanks for the update!

I am on the other side of the state... That is a nice rag target... What caliber/round count/distance?

The range is Mifflin County Sportsmen's Association I live approximately an hour and a half away from the range it goes out to 1040 yards and they recently added more Steel to the range, fortunately the arrival of my John Hancock rifle coincided with my last hunting vacation days. It is a 6.5 Creedmoor using Prime ammo and less than twenty rds at the time, @ 100 yds while sighting in here is a better pic
Screenshot_2018-12-06-19-07-42.png
, and if I lived closer it would cost me alot in ammo lol.

Last edited:
I'm really excited to start seeing results from these JH rifles. Good looking rifle and good looking groups.

Is 880 a formal range or a private spot? Sounds like I am in a similar location to you and would love to find somewhere longer than 700, as nice as 700 is.
private farm im able to occasionally sling rounds on. depends on the location of the cows also

Whacha got coming in?
Hurco VMX42i w/ H200 4th in the 40tool configuration.

The range is Mifflin County Sportsmen's Association I live approximately an hour and a half away from the range it goes out to 1040 yards and they recently added more Steel to the range, fortunately the arrival of my John Hancock rifle coincided with my last hunting vacation days. It is a 6.5 Creedmoor using Prime ammo and less than twenty rds at the time, @ 100 yds while sighting in here is a better pic, and if I lived closer it would cost me alot in ammo lol.

Really nice shooting! I'm glad to see you're enjoying it!

private farm im able to occasionally sling rounds on. depends on the location of the cows also
Gotcha, covet those spots LOL

The range is Mifflin County Sportsmen's Association I live approximately an hour and a half away from the range it goes out to 1040 yards and they recently added more Steel to the range, fortunately the arrival of my John Hancock rifle coincided with my last hunting vacation days. It is a 6.5 Creedmoor using Prime ammo and less than twenty rds at the time, @ 100 yds while sighting in here is a better picView attachment 6982040, and if I lived closer it would cost me alot in ammo lol.
Sounds like there was almost no barrel break in, Huh?

Looking at all these pictures of shouldered PVA barrels on Nucleus actions is starting to make me want to buy a BRA shouldered pre-fit for my Nucleus to replace my Criterion BR barrel. I've only got 670 some rounds on it, but the group sizes and smooth curves are just so attractive...

Nice...I have 8 Hurcos myself. Various models. The conversational programming is the best in the industry, IMHO.
That was important to me as well. I bought the Hurco over the Hwacheon for 2 reasons:
1) Hwacheon only did 30 tools
This could be mitigated by going to a VF4SS and getting 50 tools, which is pretty nice, but then I'd have to deal with Haas again and my local HFO has been suffering a lot of service support problems in the last year.

2) The post for a Hurco is basically anything and since my Haas 4 axis post is super reliable I decided to just go that route. I actually posted a program from our CAM package, drove the thing over to the dealer and we loaded it into the controller and ran the program without any editing.

@bohem Been scanning my inbox like a hawk. One of my orders was a spot I purchased from someone who should be getting invoiced soon. The order was transferred to my name, just want to make sure the invoice isn't mistakenly getting sent to the original buyer.

I check mine as well. I doubt Jeremy will make that mistake, but I will respond / forward the message if that by chance happens

Looking at all these pictures of shouldered PVA barrels on Nucleus actions is starting to make me want to buy a BRA shouldered pre-fit for my Nucleus to replace my Criterion BR barrel. I've only got 670 some rounds on it, but the group sizes and smooth curves are just so attractive...

I'm going to be your bad influence.. Do it! Currently running a shouldered 6BRA, .48inch groups at 200 yards.

Status
Not open for further replies.