• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

PVA Status Updates: Hancock Rifle & NUCLEUS Barreled Action

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions: Srgt. Hulka
Alright!!! It looks great! Looking forward to checking it out next time I see you at the range! (This is Beau)

What's up Beau! I was going to tag you in the next couple days on Facebook. I took it out this weekend and put 40 rounds through it, I just hadn't had time to get something written up. Busy busy busy at work.

What's up Beau! I was going to tag you in the next couple days on Facebook. I took it out this weekend and put 40 rounds through it, I just hadn't had time to get something written up. Busy busy busy at work.

Im glad to hear you got it out on the range and looking forward to hearing about it. There’ll be some matches coming up soon, too.

Okay, I don’t want to take this thread any further off the rails.

Reactions: Srgt. Hulka
I have always used 34/24 ARC rings with all of my 56mm scope objectives with any barrel lighter than M24.
keeping it under the production class rules, I've got a Burris XTR II 5-25x50 (34mm tube). I assume the 24mm "low" rings will clear with no problem (and allow me to still fit if I get better glass in the future)?

I know it's an ARC product (and my question should be in the optics section) but maybe someone will know- In the past I've always gotten one piece mounts as I've mostly shot AR platform. Is there any advantage to going with the QD-L mount? I do see the lowest height option is 35mm. I guess if you need MOA/MIL inclination adjustment or think you may swap optics to an AR platform it might be better?

Is there any advantage to going with the QD-L mount? I do see the lowest height option is 35mm. I guess if you need MOA/MIL inclination adjustment or think you may swap optics to an AR platform it might be better?
You hit the nail on the head with your second guess. The QD-L, according to ARC's website, is meant for rifles with a full length rail or otherwise enclosed forend, such as an AR-15/AR-10 or a Ruger Precision Rifle. It does 2 things compared to scope rings:
  • It provides extra height for the objective lens housing to clear the full length rail (and to better position the eyebox of the scope on an AR-15 so you don't need to lay your head sideways)
  • It provides a fixed distance between the rings that allows it to clamp onto only the receiver of an AR while still having room to adjust the scope placement forwards and backwards
For the second bit there, usually people space traditional scope rings as far apart from each other as possible for a bolt gun, since the eye relief on a standard scope is usually designed to match up well with bolt guns. By this I mean the eye relief is usually set so that if the turrets are position over the center of your rifle's rail, and your rifle has a standard LoP, the eye relief will be pretty close to what you need.

For an AR-15 the LoP is significantly shorter to keep a compact size and because they're traditionally used with optics that have a more forgiving eyebox (reflex sights, holo sights, red dots, irons, etc.). With the rings spaced to the max you might only be able to adjust 1 or 2 slots forwards and back while still attaching the scope to only the receiver and not the handguard rail. If the scope turret is centered between those max spaced rings, your eye relief will be really wonky because the LoP is much shorter than on the bolt gun.

Having the spacing of the rings on a quick detach mount closer together provides two benefits. The first is that you have more adjustment of the scope forwards and backwards within the mount itself, since it's not as wide as it can go without bumping into the objective or eyepiece housing where it starts to flare outwards. The second is that the shorter mount can be moved further forwards or backwards on top of an AR-15 or bolt-action to rapidly adjust eye relief. You can set it further back on your bolt gun and set it further forwards on the AR.

Reactions: SpeedyR
All of them ?

Don’t think there is just a general answer without knowing more of your goals/wants

I'm thinking 6.5 CM as I already load for it. But I suppose I could easily swap out another barrel in another caliber. Would that still qualify as "factory" as long as I use the PVA PRS "approved" barrels?

And is there an official weight for the rifle? Just wondering what it might be.

I'm thinking 6.5 CM as I already load for it. But I suppose I could easily swap out another barrel in another caliber. Would that still qualify as "factory" as long as I use the PVA PRS "approved" barrels?

As long as you use PVA JHR marked barrels you are good to go. Barrel must be marked JHR though. As for caliber, that’s a personal preference. If you already load for 6.5CM then go for that. Starting up a new caliber is expensive! Ask me how I know.

The rifle "as shipped" is 9.5lbs
Magazine, ARCA rails, muzzle devices, etc all add to that.

As long as you use "Hancock" marked barrels from PVA it stays within production class rules.

Anyone get out and run some groups with their JHR, would like to see some groups / pics?? Thanks

Anyone get out and run some groups with their JHR, would like to see some groups / pics?? Thanks

Boy I’d sure love to but Prime is taking their sweet ass time with 6.5 SAUM ammo and I haven’t found powder and brass in stock as of yet to reload. But I did do have dies. Haha.

Just got this in an email...... like I said early feb will be the soonest we see the next batch

Hope everyone is recovering from the holidays!

As it stands right now ARC is working on getting bolt heads together for the next batch of Nucleus actions and Hancocks. They ran into a problem with the last batch during plating. The whole batch was rejected and sent back out before Chirstmas. Once they come back from plating they will release the next batch of actions to us for Nucleus builds and Hancocks. This will most likely be sometime early-mid January. Once we get notification of actions shipping we will begin to notify people.

Bolt Upgrade

ARC has been listening to comments from owners and has decided to upgrade the bolt heads to get rid of the bump some people were experiencing when closing the bolt. All of the actions moving forward will include the new bolts.

Anyone that has already received their Nucleus or John Hancock rifle can request a new bolt head from ARC, under warranty, once they become available. We will release an email when they become available. Please do not fill up their inbox with requests at this time. The current bolt heads still work fine. This is just an upgrade for how the action feels during cycling and does not affect function.

PVA Update

We are currently doubling our shop space and are taking this down time through the holidays to complete our move into the space next door. This will allow us some much needed assembly and storage space.

Our phones are currently off due to this move. We will resume normal phone hours January 2, 2019.

We would like to thank everyone for their support this year. We wouldn't have been able to do it without you. We have some new products coming down the pipeline. If you're going to SHOT Show come visit us in booth #1060.

We would like to wish everyone a healthy and happy new year!

Hmm, I'll be interested in trying out the new bolt head when it comes out. I don't mind the small bump when you're closing the action since it's not there when you run it quickly, but anything that makes the slick feel of the action smoother can only improve the overall function.

Boy I’d sure love to but Prime is taking their sweet ass time with 6.5 SAUM ammo and I haven’t found powder and brass in stock as of yet to reload. But I did do have dies. Haha.
That sucks, going to have to make the brass yourself. I am surprised more haven’t come forward and reported results? Maybe it’s a bad time of year for some w/ the holidays.

That sucks, going to have to make the brass yourself. I am surprised more haven’t come forward and reported results? Maybe it’s a bad time of year for some w/ the holidays.
Yup. It’s family time right now. Not a lot of shooting going on. I’m sure in a couple of weeks people will start posting results.

Merry Christmas to me. My rifle bag just arrived. It’s the perfect fit for the JHR and it comes in all the colors the KRG Bravo comes in. Can’t recommend this company enough. Their bags are excellent. There’s even a perfect spot for the PVA patch.

https://www.saviorequipment.com/col...s/products/urban-warfare-55-double-rifle-case
BB4727E6-24D0-4E7B-B462-4A6836EA4881.jpeg
6AECAB78-B599-4625-98CF-FBAB66D85C2C.jpeg
68C73263-7A34-4F20-A491-6B898BA3E09A.jpeg

That’s a nice looking case. Does your JHR have a 26” barrel?
From reading above Cup o Joe's rifle was a 6.5 SAUM which was supposed to have a 24" but PVA made a change and it's a 26" barrel since that's what they did all of their testing with and they said it shot better with the 26" vs the 24" with factory (prime?) ammo.

What have you guys done with your owners plaques? It’s too nice to just throw in the drawer. Need some ideas.

Quick Status:
ARC shipped us about 55 more actions yesterday, the next batch of folks on the build list will be getting invoices very shortly.

Awesome. I ordered late February so I'll be in that batch.
I also want to order some arc magazines, spigot mount, sling attachments, and any barrier stops that work with the system. How do I do that? Separate orders? Which Atlas bipod to get as well.

I also want to order some arc magazines, spigot mount, sling attachments, and any barrier stops that work with the system. How do I do that? Separate orders? Which Atlas bipod to get as well.

I ordered a spigot Mount from KRG last night. In stock

someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I think that when you receive your order (at least on the John Hancock rifles as it was part of the deal) there's a coupon code included with the rifle.

What's the code for? Anything PVA sells?
Also I'd hate to pay full price now for mags and accessories only to have a nice coupon arrive with my J.H.

What's the code for? Anything PVA sells?
Also I'd hate to pay full price now for mags and accessories only to have a nice coupon arrive with my J.H.
not sure. per bohem's post a few pages back " the coupon code is a 1 time use thing and it's unique to each SN shipped. It is printed on the label of your rifle inside the box.".

I would assume it gives you the prices listed on the John Hancock page on the website (slightly lower than retail I think).

not sure. per bohem's post a few pages back " the coupon code is a 1 time use thing and it's unique to each SN shipped. It is printed on the label of your rifle inside the box.".

I would assume it gives you the prices listed on the John Hancock page on the website (slightly lower than retail I think).

Pretty sure the coupon is for John Hancock only so that they could keep the price in the PRS production class rules. Adding on a muzzle break does not take you out of production class. So, Josh does it outside of the JH as it comes. Some guys will put on a suppressor or other brake...

Hancock actions or regular actions for the barreled action folks like me pre-ordered?
Hancock actions.
We're working on getting more Nucleus' now too.

someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I think that when you receive your order (at least on the John Hancock rifles as it was part of the deal) there's a coupon code included with the rifle.
The coupon code is for cleaning supplies from BoreTech and a discount on a brake from PVA.

We have ARC mags in stock on the website here:
https://patriotvalleyarms.com/american-rifle-company-arc-10-round-magazines/

We are making more magazine kits for the BR's and Dashers now but they won't be ready for a couple weeks while we run off a few hundred pieces.

Hancock actions.
We're working on getting more Nucleus' now too.

Can you be more specific on when you will receive more Nucleus actions? We’re coming up on a year since a lot of us pre-ordered from you. And with ARCs lead time now down to what seems like single digit weeks, I’m unclear what the hold up is.

Reactions: TKO and jeremyhit
Can you be more specific on when you will receive more Nucleus actions? We’re coming up on a year since a lot of us pre-ordered from you. And with ARCs lead time now down to what seems like single digit weeks, I’m unclear what the hold up is.
ARC filled retail orders before dealer orders. The latest hold up on actions is the bolt head update and plating issue that was covered several posts above, that's been a holding pattern since early December. They filled some of our orders, in piecewise form but apparently retail orders are taking precedent over dealer orders.

ARC filled retail orders before dealer orders. The latest hold up on actions is the bolt head update and plating issue that was covered several posts above, that's been a holding pattern since early December. They filled some of our orders, in piecewise form but apparently retail orders are taking precedent over dealer orders.

You got a bad set up with ARC then. I could have ordered 4 months later than I did and gotten a prefit barrel and a action as opposed to buying a barreled action.

Reactions: TKO

Wow, nothing against you guys, but that is pretty lame for ARC to fulfill current retail orders before fulfilling 1+ year backlogged & paid/deposted customer orders through you. I thought there were comments in this thread or another that the orders through you were to be processed inline with the orders directly on their site, based on order date? What happened to that?

I was on the fence on Origin vs Nucleus for another build but if they're really de-prioritizing your orders then a Nucleus B/A through you seems like it would take 9+ months at minimum, especially with your recent black friday discount orders. Guess I'll be looking at an Origin B/A instead.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but between the lines I get the impression Josh isn't terribly happy with that either...

Reactions: Bender
We don't have an estimate as to when we're getting the first actions for the BA's, we did send a spreadsheet with timestamps on orders to the second and ARC is integrating those orders into their flow to fulfill them.

This is what they said in July. Sure sounds like there wouldn’t be a priority of retail versus dealer.

I know Josh isn’t happy with ARC. I’m sure he wants nothing more than to fulfill all of the orders and make everyone happy. At the same time ARC is probably doing the best they can to get these actions out. The Nucleus is a brand new design and being an early adopter means you may have to deal with delays. I’m sure they will get these issues sorted out. Waiting always sucks, especially for a year but I’m sure it will be worth it.

I know Josh isn’t happy with ARC. I’m sure he wants nothing more than to fulfill all of the orders and make everyone happy. At the same time ARC is probably doing the best they can to get these actions out. The Nucleus is a brand new design and being an early adopter means you may have to deal with delays. I’m sure they will get these issues sorted out. Waiting always sucks, especially for a year but I’m sure it will be worth it.
I think the issue people have is they wanted to be an early adopter, and ordered soon enough to be one, but had the manufacturer let them down by shipping orders placed months after them before their order. This isn't early adopter delays, this is manufacturer (ARC) disorganization.

I think the issue people have is they wanted to be an early adopter, and ordered soon enough to be one, but had the manufacturer let them down by shipping orders placed months after them before their order. This isn't early adopter delays, this is manufacturer (ARC) disorganization.

Exactly! It's one thing to sign on early knowing that I have my place in line and it may be a bit before I get my action. That is what I thought was happening. And that was what was also stated in the July post that Random_Scrub quoted a few posts up.

It's completely another thing to find out that I signed up early and am now further back in the line for an action than people who ordered well after me. WTF is up with that ARC & Ted?

Reactions: TKO

Fair point. ARC needs to split actions between retail and dealer more fairly.

I should have ordered directly from ARC!

Well if anyone is looking for a RH Nucleus without a wait I am about to put mine up in the exchange I think, I love the action but finally decided that I want to go back to left handed actions and toooo damn impatient to wait on a LH nucleus.

Reactions: echo6tango
Sounds like PVA got the bad end of the deal by ARC! All I want to know, is when can I expect my JHR? Order# 2390
To be clear, I am not pissed off at PVA, I believe they are doing their best but receiving the short end of the stick from ARC, not right! I believe PVA was under a different understanding with ARC (priority over retail orders).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.