• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PVA Status Updates: Hancock Rifle & NUCLEUS Barreled Action

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all the reports on here about light primer strikes, you're first questioning the 450s (that you use successfully in another rifle) or the seating depth (the same you normally do on your other rifle)?

I applaud you for giving it the benefit of the doubt and not jumping to conclusions, but come on!

I just went through the Nucleus Light Primer Strikes thread, and I guess I've got a little homework ahead of me to attempt a troubleshoot before heading back out to the range (ie. at minimum, bolt disassemble and degrease).

Action serial number is 588, trigger is a Timney 510.

Not whining - yet - just info in case others have similar experiences. Will follow up...

Reactions: DGD6MM
I just went through the Nucleus Light Primer Strikes thread, and I guess I've got a little homework ahead of me to attempt a troubleshoot before heading back out to the range (ie. at minimum, bolt disassemble and degrease).

Action serial number is 588, trigger is a Timney 510.

Not whining - yet - just info in case others have similar experiences. Will follow up...
If you have the updated trigger spring in your nucleus the next place I would look would be that 510 trigger.

If you have the updated trigger spring in your nucleus the next place I would look would be that 510 trigger.

Have there been any instances of a 510 being “draggy”?

I’m no gunsmith but the trigger install onto the BA was pretty straightforward, not sure how it could be addressed other than a remove-and-reinstall or remove-and-replace...

I had a similar experience with a 511 it would dent the primer but not set it off. Timney Calvin elite or triggertech goes bang every time.

510 did not play well with my Curtis action, Trigger Tech goes bang every time. YMMV
Doesn't a 510 come on the John Hancock rifles? I would assume that they have a lot of trigger time on that specific combination. Or that's what I'm hoping!

My understanding on the 510 trigger is that it might or might not work right out of the packaging. But if it is tuned to the action (John Hancock) then it will work. That is the benefit of buying a rifle already put together vs assembling components in the garage.

My understanding on the 510 trigger is that it might or might not work right out of the packaging. But if it is tuned to the action (John Hancock) then it will work. That is the benefit of buying a rifle already put together vs assembling components in the garage.
How are they tuning the trigger to the action?

Just wanted to post an update on the 6BR PVA barrel that I picked up a week or so ago that had been cancelled. I am embarrassingly attaching a picture to show a group from said barrel, be glad you passed on this barrel it caused me to shoot a flyer. I planned on putting a dime over it and bragging on my prowess but guilt got the best of me. It's obviously completely 1000% the barrels fault and not the fact my booger picker was itchy.

6br.jpg

Those of you who stick it out hopefully will be luckier than me and not have such misfortune.

I heard the ones that are cut rifled TL3 shouldered and in 6BRA are especially sucky someone should cancel their order quickly.

P.S. 28" marksman contour please if you dont mind.

Our 6mm BR, BRA, and Dasher reamers are all 0.105 freebore lengths.
Great looking groups folks, those look awesome! I am really glad to see folks are getting out to shoot the rifle and enjoying them.

On the light strikes, I'll send you a PM and we can talk about it to see if we can fix your issues that way first.

Order 193# recieved last thursday. 6bra nucleus ba. 300 rounds fireformed and one match shot. Fireform rounds were very accurate with an sd of 8. Now load workup, but appears barrel will shoot.

Those are some awesome groups!

Dumb question BLK - are those cutouts in your hat bill intended to perform a specific function, or is that just the hat design?

Those are some awesome groups!

Dumb question BLK - are those cutouts in your hat bill intended to perform a specific function, or is that just the hat design?
sunglasses

a lot of companies make hats with the cutout and a sticky rubber/plastic piece on the edges

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
What’s with the flat spot on receiver below the bolt release?

It is serial #00002 JHR action. Ted flubbed the engraving and machined a flat to re-do the engraving. Lol, its 1 of a kind!

Yes @patriot07 . It's for my sunglasses. All my hats have been cut out like that and then "Notch" started manufacturing hats like that. Wish I would have thought to trademark that shit years ago.

Last edited:
Hot damm, got the email payment request today!

Order number: 2474

Really putting a crimp on some of my Proxibid bids.

Reactions: Nathan11B
What did you order? JHR or barreled action? And what is a Pr4oxibid??? Just curious...Lol

Good news. What did you order I am 2414 and nothing

My order is for a John Hancock Rifle (JNR).

Proxibid? Be careful, what you ask for. Proxibid.com is a website that puts thousands of small auction sites, all over the country, on line. You can bid from the comfort of your home, on multiple auctions at the same time. They feed my blue steel adiction.

Got the request for final payment a month ago (and paid that day). Still no tracking number or shipping info on a 6.5CM BA.

Got the request for final payment a month ago (and paid that day). Still no tracking number or shipping info on a 6.5CM BA.
Got my notification too for the final payment today, Order#3067 for a JHR (308). I was so excited jumping up and down until I read your post.

Got my notification too for the final payment today, Order#3067 for a JHR (308). I was so excited jumping up and down until I read your post.

Not to add to the negativity but I received my notice to pay Feb 9 or so and still no ship date.

Not to add to the negativity but I received my notice to pay Feb 9 or so and still no ship date.

Should not take that long for me because:

"If you are receiving this email that means we will be building and finalizing everything on your JHR rifle shortly. Your barrels, actions and chassis are in hand."

Welp, this couldn't have possibly come together better (in my opinion). Incidentally, I'd say about 3 weeks from final payment to picking it up, and my FFL had it for a few days before I got over to get it.View attachment 7059700

Nice looking rifle! It's cool seeing how folks are putting everything together and how the rifles come out. We typically just see the barreled action so paint jobs, different stocks, etc are nice to see. Maybe I'm just a rifle nerd LOL.

My buddy was asked and paid in mid January, still no JHR.
You buddy is likely in the batch of Hancocks where we billed as we started the barreled actions and then were notified that the chassis were delayed til the end of March. We received (50) chassis from KRG this week and we're assembling the rifles now, starting to ship on monday. We mentioned this delay about 6 weeks ago in this thread before it was temporarily locked, the guys at KRG have been really good about keeping tabs on the delay and they're doing a bang-up job catching up on the backorders.

Unless he's a lefty Hancock and we've been talking to those folks directly as the conversion to left handed chassis is taking longer than I wanted. But for the very few of those we have talked to them, some have changed to other configurations to expedite and we're handling them on a case by case basis due to how few there are.

Over the next week we'll be shipping about 30 rifles with another 20 following behind that in about 2-3 from now.

Last edited:
Thanks Josh, as long as your honest and keep updating folks on a regular basis on the status
of their builds and component problems, it goes a long ways to help the criticism on this forum.

Now where's my 22 creed barrel? LOL

Nice looking rifle! It's cool seeing how folks are putting everything together and how the rifles come out. We typically just see the barreled action so paint jobs, different stocks, etc are nice to see. Maybe I'm just a rifle nerd LOL.

You buddy is likely in the batch of Hancocks where we billed as we started the barreled actions and then were notified that the chassis were delayed til the end of March. We received (50) chassis from KRG this week and we're assembling the rifles now, starting to ship on monday. We mentioned this delay about 6 weeks ago in this thread before it was temporarily locked, the guys at KRG have been really good about keeping tabs on the delay and they're doing a bang-up job catching up on the backorders.

Unless he's a lefty Hancock and we've been talking to those folks directly as the conversion to left handed chassis is taking longer than I wanted. But for the very few of those we have talked to them, some have changed to other configurations to expedite and we're handling them on a case by case basis due to how few there are.

Over the next week we'll be shipping about 30 rifles with another 20 following behind that in about 2-3 from now.
It would be nice if he’s in the batch you ship next week. If not, then that’s the way it goes.

It would be nice if he’s in the batch you ship next week. If not, then that’s the way it goes.
I would love to visit one of the small(ish) gun companies to talk about their supply chain and manufacturing operations. I have spent over 20 years developing world class processes for companies that most people would recognize. it would be fantastic to combine what I love to do for a living and my love of guns. If any of the manufacturers on this forum would be interested, I would love to visit and spend a few days with one of these companies, discussing operations and constraints. I am not looking for job, I have one already. I would pay my own way. Happy to sign NDA, etc.

I would love to visit one of the small(ish) gun companies to talk about their supply chain and manufacturing operations. I have spent over 20 years developing world class processes for companies that most people would recognize. it would be fantastic to combine what I love to do for a living and my love of guns. If any of the manufacturers on this forum would be interested, I would love to visit and spend a few days with one of these companies, discussing operations and constraints. I am not looking for job, I have one already. I would pay my own way. Happy to sign NDA, etc.
I am sending you a PM right now.

I just tried to call PVA using their telephone number from the PVA website... (405) 753-0608...I'm getting a weird announcement but the call doesn't go through...Anyone have the correct tel. number to contact them???

I am so tired of this, paid in full on the 28th of March still not even a tracking number in my email. Was told my barreled action was done and just waiting final payment for shipment... this has been one of the most f'd up dealings I have ever had. ZERO good communication, the only way I can get pva to talk to me is post on a public forum and call them out. If I did my job like they do theirs I would be hungry on the street. Such a bad experience.

Reactions: derek1ee and fx77
I am so tired of this, paid in full on the 28th of March still not even a tracking number in my email. Was told my barreled action was done and just waiting final payment for shipment... this has been one of the most f'd up dealings I have ever had. ZERO good communication, the only way I can get pva to talk to me is post on a public forum and call them out. If I did my job like they do theirs I would be hungry on the street. Such a bad experience.

And if you built rifles that shot the way their rifles shoot, you would be in the shop trying to get caught up with orders and too busy to answer the phone and hop to for every email.

So glad I didn’t preorder for this one. Seems to be a never ending shit show. I’ll stick with a company that at least answers the phone. Had a problem with light strikes with Curtis action, Joel called me back within one hour after leaving a message, with the solution. Pretty sure he has some growth issues to deal with, but not ignoring customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.