• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PVA Status Updates: Hancock Rifle & NUCLEUS Barreled Action

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just talked to him yesterday about something else.
I do think his customer service stinks, at the moment, but he's working on it the best he can and still
get stuff out the door. He can't do everything, now that he's grown so fast. I would be pissed if I ordered a JHR last year and haven't heard much too.
He is working on getting them out as fast as he can and working a LOT of hours.
As most know, some of the problems are do to other suppliers not getting their products to
him in a timely manner.
Once you get it your JHR, you'll be very happy with the way it shoot's..
Not a fan boy, just passing along facts.

I’m sure he’s a good guy and the rifles are nice, but if you take someone’s money and don’t return calls it’s a bad look. I got a rifle from APR in 5 months and it shoots lights out. I wouldn’t accept paying for a rifle missing the ship dates and not a least explain why it’s late. I have a small business and know how employees and suppliers can be , but it’s no excuse not to keep people informed of what’s going on. I will never spend my hard earned cash with companies who operate this way. Just my two cents.

Reactions: fx77 and erikblank
I’m sure he’s a good guy and the rifles are nice, but if you take someone’s money and don’t return calls it’s a bad look. I got a rifle from APR in 5 months and it shoots lights out. I wouldn’t accept paying for a rifle missing the ship dates and not a least explain why it’s late. I have a small business and know how employees and suppliers can be , but it’s no excuse not to keep people informed of what’s going on. I will never spend my hard earned cash with companies who operate this way. Just my two cents.
To be fair they have told people where the delays are happening in threads like this one. ARC and Rock Creek both had issues with keeping up with orders (or shipping them to suppliers in the order that orders were placed...), not to mention the marking variance delay on the Hancock actions.

They've given updates, they just haven't been daily reports of the exact order numbers that they completed and shipped out that day.

On the telephone? When I called today my cell phone said it was a number in Oklahoma and the call wouldn't go through...Yes, I checked the number...Lol
That is the correct number I called them a few months ago and I recall it was a Oklahoma number.

This is silly, you either have customer service or you don’t. You can’t say you’re an awesome company and take people’s money and disappear. If your weeks late delivering product the least you can do is let people know. That seems like common sense to me. Never going to put my money here.

Reactions: fx77
This is silly, you either have customer service or you don’t. You can’t say you’re an awesome company and take people’s money and disappear. If your weeks late delivering product the least you can do is let people know. That seems like common sense to me. Never going to put my money here.
Once again, PVA has been pretty open about their long lead times and has even gone so far as to publicly state the reasons for them that they're legally allowed to talk about.

The only thing, as far as I can see, that they haven't done such a good job of doing is quoting an accurate lead time when orders are placed on their website. That said, for the Black Friday sale they had enough orders to have to close the sale early (far more than expected) AND their barrel supplier had issues that meant PVA was waiting on barrels before they could profile, chamber, and ship them. That's not really their fault for the delay, and they did come out and publicly talk about these issues.

What more do you want from them? They have stated there are production delays. They have given reasons for the production delays. Are you expecting them to call you every single day to tell you they're not shipping your barrel that afternoon?

What more do you want from them?
Me? I would just like them to answer the phone (or fix their phone if calls don't go through) so I could confirm my order...My situation is somewhat unique as I purchased an early order from a customer. There was confirmation of such between PVA and that individual, but i"ve never received confirmation from PVA. I did send an email requesting PVA's confirmation. I hope I get an answer...I fully understand the problems PVA is encountering. I am a retired CPA. My small practice consisted mainly of small businesses, farmers, etc...I wish them well and am perfectly willing to wait for their quality product.

Last edited:
I'd like PVA to stick to the schedule and notify us of any promise date changes. I was told over a month ago my barrel and action were going through the build process (two weeks). I was even given a picture of the tagged barrel. What I did get was a final invoice in two weeks time. So my POV production is well behind the billing department.

I'm starting to see a trend with companies who are affected by their suppliers, either due to parts or whatever deal they made for payment of said parts.

So as far as I know there is no supply reason my barreled action isn't completed yet. None of the reasons PVA noted as reasons for delay apply to my order (Rock Creek, KRG, and NFA)

Last edited:
And if you built rifles that shot the way their rifles shoot, you would be in the shop trying to get caught up with orders and too busy to answer the phone and hop to for every email.
His beef isn't with their quality. It's with their service, and it sounds like a legitimate concern. Let's not beat up on guys who are just trying to get the product they paid for. I get that you want to defend PVA, but it would be nice if we were fair to all parties.

They’re catching up. The quality is good. He’s posting more often now.

I’m not defending g the radio silence we all dealt with for months but PVA is obviously trying to improve.

Me? I would just like them to answer the phone (or fix their phone if calls don't go through) so I could confirm my order
That's pretty fair and reasonable. I haven't personally had that issue with their phone system since the one time I called I was able to get through and leave a message to receive a call back later (full disclosure, they called back two days later).

I'd like PVA to stick to the schedule and notify us of any promise date changes. I was told over a month ago my barrel and action were going through the build process (two weeks). I was even given a picture of the tagged barrel. What I did get was a final invoice in two weeks time. So my POV production is well behind the billing department.
That's also fair and reasonable, it should be standard practice to give the final bill when the build is ready to ship and not sooner since the deposit is meant to already cover costs that cannot be recovered for the company.

To be clear, I wasn't trying to say that any and all complaints are wrong. It just doesn't help anyone for people to say stuff like, "Customer service sucks! They need to let people know when they have production delays for their products!" when PVA has done the best they can, at least without jeopardizing supplier relations by jumping the gun, to notify customers about production delays related to supplier issues.

Constructive feedback like these two posts I quoted are much more useful for everyone involved. It's better for potential customers to be able to see the exact issues others have, and it's better for the company because they can see the specific areas where they can work to improve. I don't want to stifle any constructive criticism, but I want people to do more than just say "PVA customer service sux" since that doesn't really help anyone.

His beef isn't with their quality. It's with their service, and it sounds like a legitimate concern. Let's not beat up on guys who are just trying to get the product they paid for. I get that you want to defend PVA, but it would be nice if we were fair to all parties.

Dude, I'm not beating anybody up. I have had my own go around with Josh on deliveries. All I'm trying to do is keep things in the proper perspective. Yes, he f-ed up his schedule and deliveries. Further I'm not sure I buy where they are shifting blame to their suppliers. Yet half the guys on this thread are acting like they bought a rifle from TacticalRifles.Net (Ronney) and spent good money for garbage. Perhaps you did not get it when promised, but when you do get it it will be what was promised.

It may even be a little more than was promised. In my case a 2x missed delivery resulted in a free muzzlebrake.

This is what forums like this are for.

Over a year ago, BEFORE PVA even started with Origin/Nucleus pre-orders, JHR production rifles, black friday barrel deals, tripods, reloading dies, etc, there were quite a few reports of inaccurate lead time estimation and customers complaining of poor customer service.

I am not sure what people expected when they expanded their business what seems like 10-fold. At this point in time, I wouldn't even put PVA on a list of gunsmiths to consider for any type of work. It has nothing to do with quality or price; clearly they can make rifles and barrels that shoots, no one is arguing that. There's just way too many others out there who can do the same work without the backlog and maintain customer communications. Some people are very patient and don't mind the wait, unfortunately I am spoiled in today's day and have trouble waiting 6-12+ months for something I can get in 2-4 weeks. We, as consumers, need to make that decision for ourselves.

We, as consumers, need to make that decision for ourselves.
And I have...I bought a tripod/ball mount from PVA...Product was excellent and I rec'd it in a week or so from ordering...We've been informed, as best as PVA can, the supplier problems and anticipated receipt of said parts. I just wanted to clarify PVA had my information and I didn't get lost in the shuffle...Since PVA didn't receive Bravo Chassis until the end of March and given the limited numbers of rifle blanks, I assumed JHR would be lower on the production totem pole.

Dude, I'm not beating anybody up. I have had my own go around with Josh on deliveries. All I'm trying to do is keep things in the proper perspective. Yes, he f-ed up his schedule and deliveries. Further I'm not sure I buy where they are shifting blame to their suppliers. Yet half the guys on this thread are acting like they bought a rifle from TacticalRifles.Net (Ronney) and spent good money for garbage. Perhaps you did not get it when promised, but when you do get it it will be what was promised.

It may even be a little more than was promised. In my case a 2x missed delivery resulted in a free muzzlebrake.
I get what you're saying. My only point was to not criticize/attack folks who were just upset about the situation. If that was not your intent, feel free to ignore me.

And if you built rifles that shot the way their rifles shoot, you would be in the shop trying to get caught up with orders and too busy to answer the phone and hop to for every email.

I see no reason when you are told that your barreled action is DONE. And payment is done that it takes TWO weeks to even print the tracking lable..... not to mention the several emails I have send them to no avail......

Last edited:
Reactions: fx77
I haven't personally had that issue with their phone system since the one time I called I was able to get through and leave a message to receive a call back later (full disclosure, they called back two days later).
I must admit, I made a BIG mistake...Being old, I was confused with the 'Oklahoma location' my cell phone gave me...Of course, I should have realized Jeremy got his phone in Oklahoma...I bet people calling me think I'm in Kalifornia. Lol I'm still back in the day of 'landlines, rotary dials, and no caller ID's... Yes, the first computer I had in my accounting practice was a Burroughs, with 5k of RAM...Lol

Man, now you guys done did it. PVA's website's down. i can't get my daily dose of clicking refresh on my order status :ROFLMAO:

@DDRH65CM It's up for me. They may be updating some things, I know they just added the "I stand with PRIME" shirts to support PRIME's ongoing legal case.

Great news for me...order 2137 6.5 Creedmoor, RH black JHR. Rec'd request for payment and ffl info received and paid for. Jeremy called me and emailed me with information...Payment made... (exhanged my order for an earlier one and PVA gave me credit and exchanged my deposit for 'off-the-shelf' inventory...I'm happy!!! :)

Nice looking rifle! It's cool seeing how folks are putting everything together and how the rifles come out. We typically just see the barreled action so paint jobs, different stocks, etc are nice to see. Maybe I'm just a rifle nerd LOL.

You buddy is likely in the batch of Hancocks where we billed as we started the barreled actions and then were notified that the chassis were delayed til the end of March. We received (50) chassis from KRG this week and we're assembling the rifles now, starting to ship on monday. We mentioned this delay about 6 weeks ago in this thread before it was temporarily locked, the guys at KRG have been really good about keeping tabs on the delay and they're doing a bang-up job catching up on the backorders.

Unless he's a lefty Hancock and we've been talking to those folks directly as the conversion to left handed chassis is taking longer than I wanted. But for the very few of those we have talked to them, some have changed to other configurations to expedite and we're handling them on a case by case basis due to how few there are.

Over the next week we'll be shipping about 30 rifles with another 20 following behind that in about 2-3 from now.

Hi, I am a lefty Hancock order and have not recieved any info on the delays taking place with them specifically. What is the best way to get in on the info about the Lefty delay? Thank you!

Hi, I am a lefty Hancock order and have not recieved any info on the delays taking place with them specifically. What is the best way to get in on the info about the Lefty delay? Thank you!

I'd call them. I sent an email once and got no response, but I've called a couple of times and got my questions answered quickly.

@Last Chance You're getting me excited! ? I'm order 2332, same JHR configuration as yours. When I spoke to PVA last month they said mine was scheduled to be done this month, and they posted on instagram recently that they were working on 6.5CM barrels, so fingers crossed.

Reactions: Last Chance
I have had good luck getting PVA on the phone on the early side of there posed phone hours of
Mon-Th 10-2; Fri 10-12 EST.

I have had good luck getting PVA on the phone on the early side of there posed phone hours of
Mon-Th 10-2; Fri 10-12 EST.
I was sort of hesitant to call in fear of being annoying. The number doesn’t seem to be working that is on their website...

We do not have regular phone service available where the shop is located, therefore we have to use VOIP. The trouble with VOIP is that if we lose power the router goes down and the phone can't ring. We have a battery backup for things so we don't lose all the settings and programming on the router but it's setup so that the phone won't ring because otherwise it kills the battery and we have to reprogram all the stuff again.

Tuesday was nasty high winds and we lost power several times during the day. Calling during one of the hours that we didn't have power means that nobody can answer the phone. I forgot to post a comment about it on facebook because I was busy with a bunch of other things.

VOIP isn't new and just because it's an Oklahoma City area code has nothing to do with the location of the shop. I don't know how a VOIP number has spawned a new conspiracy but the phone works, I have called it myself to check and I've heard the phone ring nearly non-stop all day today and yesterday.

Phone hours are observed pretty strictly here because otherwise we get far less work done and the backlog never goes away. That's why we have phone hours posted on the website and facebook.

That's also fair and reasonable, it should be standard practice to give the final bill when the build is ready to ship and not sooner since the deposit is meant to already cover costs that cannot be recovered for the company.

I agree but we've never charged that much of a deposit which is why we have also adopted the policy of non-refundable deposits.
When someone is given a final bill on a Nucleus barreled action they have paid $250 towards the job while we have put over $1100 in parts towards the job already before any work is started. For years we didn't have an issue with it but we had a number of folks try to make changes or cancel after work was completed last month. That's not a tennable solution hence why people have been invoiced and told "your work is starting, here's the bill". Typically the turn time on an invoice is 3 business days and by the time it's paid the work is complete or nearly complete.

We have a bottleneck in final QC right now because the guy who meticulously checklists through the assembly and functions of the barreled acitons or the complete rifles is answering the phone most of the day (going back to why we have phone hours posted). That's being handled but it does take time.

I will make updates here as often as I can. Typically that's every few days.

Last edited:
We do not have regular phone service available where the shop is located, therefore we have to use VOIP. The trouble with VOIP is that if we lose power the router goes down and the phone can't ring. We have a battery backup for things so we don't lose all the settings and programming on the router but it's setup so that the phone won't ring because otherwise it kills the battery and we have to reprogram all the stuff again.

Tuesday was nasty high winds and we lost power several times during the day. Calling during one of the hours that we didn't have power means that nobody can answer the phone. I forgot to post a comment about it on facebook because I was busy with a bunch of other things.

VOIP isn't new and just because it's an Oklahoma City area code has nothing to do with the location of the shop. I don't know how a VOIP number has spawned a new conspiracy but the phone works, I have called it myself to check and I've heard the phone ring nearly non-stop all day today and yesterday.

Phone hours are observed pretty strictly here because otherwise we get far less work done and the backlog never goes away. That's why we have phone hours posted on the website and facebook.
Thanks for the heads up! Just a fyi I was calling today during normal business hours and I just keep getting a Verizon msg that said “your could not be completed as dialed” Not a big deal honestly, I was just hoping to get filled in on the lefty Hancock situation. Thank you.

Thanks for the heads up! Just a fyi I was calling today during normal business hours and I just keep getting a Verizon msg that said “your could not be completed as dialed” Not a big deal honestly, I was just hoping to get filled in on the lefty Hancock situation. Thank you.

I don't think that was our phone to be honest. We don't have Verizon service here, it sounds like something on your end. Sometimes that happens with my cell with phone calls. When I hangup, try again 30s later and the phone goes through without a problem.

I agree but we've never charged that much of a deposit which is why we have also adopted the policy of non-refundable deposits.
When someone is given a final bill on a Nucleus barreled action they have paid $250 towards the job while we have put over $1100 in parts towards the job already before any work is started. For years we didn't have an issue with it but we had a number of folks try to make changes or cancel after work was completed last month. That's not a tennable solution hence why people have been invoiced and told "your work is starting, here's the bill". Typically the turn time on an invoice is 3 business days and by the time it's paid the work is complete or nearly complete.

We have a bottleneck in final QC right now because the guy who meticulously checklists through the assembly and functions of the barreled acitons or the complete rifles is answering the phone most of the day (going back to why we have phone hours posted). That's being handled but it does take time.

I will make updates here as often as I can. Typically that's every few days.
My mistake, I wasn't necessarily thinking of the materials themselves as being as much of a lost cost as payment processing fees, the time used that could've gone to another customer, and so on - simply because the barrel/barreled action could be given to the next person in line who ordered one or offered as a "ready to ship" option that would be more attractive to future consumers. I can see how that would not always be the case though, especially for some choices that aren't ordered often.

I do think though that you've done as good of a job with communication as can be expected from a shop that's been swamped with the strains of rapid expansion. Short of hiring another person (which is a large expense, and doesn't directly bring in more money like adding machines and machinists for the shop to reduce lead times does) solely to handle your phones and PR communications I don't know what more could be done really. It's why I was asking for people to give specifics of what they wanted in terms of communication besides the vague answer of "more".

What is the approximate order date on rifles being delivered right now? As in, July 2018 rifle orders being delivered right now?

Wow. So well over a year still.

I suggested a friend of mine order a JHR... He did so a couple months back, being given a lead time estimate of 3-4 months.

Now I feel like a prick. He could still be nearly a year out from getting his rifle.

Ordered a left-handed JHR in 6mm Creedmoor on 2/15/18 and I’m still waiting.

Now I feel like a prick. He could still be nearly a year out from getting his rifle.
When he got the 'estimate' PVA had yet to experience serious supplier problems and were installing additional machinery. I'm sure PVA didn't expect such disruptions...As of now, I believe those problems are becoming remediated...Perhaps their deliveries will be expedited...I'm hoping to get mine in May...:)

Ordered mine is September (JHR 6BR) with an expected delivery of Dec or Jan. I Was told about 3 weeks ago it would be May, but I ain't holding by breath.

Got e-mail today that mine should ship in 2 weeks ordered 6.5 Creed barreled action in April 2018 . But everyone on here say they shoot great so if that is true I'll be happy.

Well, in other news, I got an email today stating my JHR in 6.5 CM was boxed up and ready to ship, awaiting my FFL information...(I'm having a little problem with this, my FFL won't give ME the information and needs PVA to contact them and/or vice versa)...I purchased a 'slot' from Jon Smith, #213X. I don't know when he placed his order but it was a while ago... This indicates to me that PVA has all the components necessary now...At least for now...Oh, seems PVA is 'working' 6.5 CM now...JMHO, I'm frequently wrong! In addition, I was able to apply my deposit toward a Jet Blast muzzle brake. I'm happy! :)

Reactions: heffsdm
4 weeks since I paid for my rifle when It was ready.... still nothing, emailed for up date several times, nothing.... josh now has a little over 1800$ of mine and I have nothing to show for it... 4 week to JUST ship a rifle is stupid. And then when you add in that they cant even update me as to why, it is just shitty business practices.

All just sad to me since my new gunsmith, takes less than 24 hours to get back to me on any stupid email I send him, had my barrel done in 2 weeks from him getting it and it is the best shooter I have ever had..... and he is a one man shop, that pumps out quite a few rifles

Status
Not open for further replies.