• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

QD ARCA Rail, is it a thing?

PinesAndProjectiles

Formerly MinnesotaMulisha
Minuteman
  • Jul 30, 2013
    Solid Ground
    I’ve got a Foundation Centurion with the integrated Anschutz rail.
    I recently picked up a tripod with an RRS leveling base which uses an ARCA clamp to attach to rifles, rails, optics, whatever.
    The Centurion has a rather wide forend on it which allows the rifle to be more stable while shooting from a bag.
    So, adding a full length ARCA would diminish the returns on the wide forend.
    Is there a company out there that makes QD hardware to easily add or remove the ARCA rail from the Anschutz rail?
    I don’t know if this is possible to the limited amount of clearance from rail to rail but figured I would ask.
    Thanks.

There is a product, no idea who makes it, personally I think it’s goofy as hell but I get the point of it with Foundations.

44008E28-8DFE-44F0-9B8E-57A74E104B60.jpeg

I’m pretty sure it’s a real thing, I’ve seen multiple pictures of multiple different rifles with it. Maybe if you reach out to Austin Orgain or the JTAC guys you can get the details.

I also have a foundation centurion. I have the same thought about leaving the wide fore end open and alone. I ended up running a 12” arca rail in the fron half where I use my bipod and it hangs about 2” off the front end. But the whole rear section of fore end is open where it would sit on a bag. That goofy looking gold thing may be a unique looking but functional solution to the problem

Reactions: PinesAndProjectiles
    ^ with a tripod having the arca as far back as possible works best.
    Definitely is best, I’m just saying that was my compromise to make it the best of both worlds without having a qd system. If I do clip into a tripod it’s a little more forward than I would prefer but I use a bag more so it is what it is

Reactions: deersniper
    I have one of the above pictured rails. It's called the Anarchy Rail from Kent Rush. He sells them through Impact Precision. If you're running the Centurion, it's the way to go if you don't want to give up the benefits of having the wide fore end.

Reactions: PinesAndProjectiles
    I have one of the above pictured rails. It's called the Anarchy Rail from Kent Rush. He sells them through Impact Precision. If you're running the Centurion, it's the way to go if you don't want to give up the benefits of having the wide fore end.
    Perfect, thank you!