• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes QD rings for precision?

tensnxs

Private
Minuteman
May 9, 2007
California
I've been using TPS steel rings torqued to exactly 60"#s. I have more good quality rifles than good scopes so sometimes I have to remove a scope and put on another rifle. Some of the auto loaders get bulky with a scope and hard to store for transport. I'm wondering if ARMS #22 QD rings are robust enough and maintaining zero?

Re: QD rings for precision?

I know that someone is going to crusify me for this comment but look at La Rue for QD rings. I find that they are stronger and return to zero better. Not an LT fanboy but I just like what works, I find that LT stuff is jsut better made than the ARMS stuff.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Long Shot Mofo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've been using TPS steel rings torqued to exactly 60"#s. I have more good quality rifles than good scopes so sometimes I have to remove a scope and put on another rifle. Some of the auto loaders get bulky with a scope and hard to store for transport. I'm wondering if ARMS #22 QD rings are robust enough and maintaining zero? </div></div>

I've had good luck with the RTZ on my Bobro QD mount. Looks great to boot.

I have a LT-104 with Sightron glass on a Varmint AR-15 and it returns to zero so well, I can't tell any change in POI after removing/ replacing it multiple times. Same with a LT-150 but it is just on a 14.5" carbine. If I was to put up the money for QD rings, I'd get LaRue.

Arms uses a MIM injected throw lever that can break. But some like the Arms. I wouldn't go with them because of this issue.

I'm running an American Defense Recon 30 with no issues on my r700. Haven't tried removing and reattaching yet.

so... no one use/used ARMS #22 QD rings? I saw a post or 2 about not wanting to use ARMS QD rings. just wondering why.