• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Question about a Parker-Hale M85 in 7x64 Brenneke (No, I'm serious)

balkandom

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 17, 2009
NW Arkansas
Hey folks,

I have the opportunity to trade into what I stated above. It's in about 99% condition, and has an "Ultima" scope on it. The glass is identical to that of the Kahles that I have on my SSG, both are 6x42, but this one is not a BDC scope. I'm not worried about the chambering. I have another rifle chambered in 7x64, and I reload for it anyway. My questions are these, and I would appreciate any input:

First, has anyone ever heard of one being chambered in 7x64 and why, and second, what would such a thing be worth?

Thanks,

Mike

had a m85 and they use m14 mags so a long case???? is it the target model , single shot?m 87? i think.have you any pics?

I am in the process of building a replica parker hale m85. The original m85s (to my knowledge) were only chambered in 7.62x 51. Please post a few pictures. What are you trading? I would be very cautious of the trade. A Real m85 sells for $5000+. There is a member on here that sold a few m85. Send MOAxp a message, he may be able to help give you some more info.

Thank you! It's an M87 it seems, here are some pictures:

x7i9v.jpg

33u8r4x.jpg

Any idea of the value?

thats not the 85 action, looks like and 82 (MAUSER) one, just google too see,thats my one (sold it now ) on mels page.
stock looks right.

It is a Mauser, so it's not an 82. You're correct on that. The rest just seems sort of jumbled. I'm beginning to think it's a custom order or something. Fiveshot, I have a grand total of $500 in it at the end of the day, I don't think I got hurt.

For $500 I think you did fine. I would have hated to see you trade a GAP or DTA rifle for a fake m85. That's all I was getting at. Congratulations on the trade.

It is almost certain you have a built up rifle from Parker Hale parts.$500 is a good deal and I doubt it would be worth much more.