• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Question About Home Defense Weapon

BullGear

Huckleberry Dillinger
Minuteman
  • Nov 29, 2017
    Hazzard County
    Okay everyone knows they need a weapon for home defense. Some say any type of handgun, others might say a shotgun, while a very few would say a rifle.

Well, I've come up with a weapon that will fill each of those criteria all in one weapon.

I think the perfect home defense weapon is an...

AR style 50 Beowulf pistol. It's a quasi rifle, shoots the equivalent of a shotgun slug and is a pistol by it's very nature.

What do ya think???

Hi,

The ONLY weapon that is suitable for "Home Defense" is the first one you can get to during an event in which you must defend your home.

None of the other yaba daba doo shit matters at that point.

We can get into the proven statistics that you are more apt to become part of a robbery while in your home than you are walking in the park, shopping at the mall, etc etc YET the first thing a majority of the CCW people do upon getting home is take off their sidearm...Think on that one for a minute :)

Sincerely,
    Theis

Keeping score?
    tumblr_ps61tnwKRy1qkjloqo1_250.gifv

I EDC my P365, especially in the house. I also have a Mossberg "Shockwave" I keep nearby with Magnum 00-buck in it.

Hi,

The ONLY weapon that is suitable for "Home Defense" is the first one you can get to during an event in which you must defend your home.

We can get into the proven statistics that you are more apt to become part of a robbery while in your home than you are walking in the park, shopping at the mall, etc etc YET the first thing a majority of the CCW people do upon getting home is take off their sidearm...Think on that one for a minute :)

Sincerely,
    Theis

Okay, to satisfy your requirements, this 50B handgun is sitting by the bed and is set up to be my go to gun in the event of a break in at night while I'm sleeping.

Or I just just use my Winchester 97 with slam fire capability.......

Reactions: 65x55guy
    My opinion and choice is allways my 590A1 for home defense with a surefire Scout 600 mounted on it.
    A shotgun with the right ammo is a devastating weapon and takes the piss out of pretty much anything.
    Yep. Remington Marine Magnum 12 Ga.

If I hear someone breaking in I just go out on the balcony and let off a couple round up into the air. That'll teach them.

AR. 556.

See the Clint Smith video.

He is a treasure of information and knows a lot of stuff.

go SBR with a can if possible. So much nicer in a building and the dark.

@THEIS - correct. As I sit here with my g19 on. ;) But I am kinda weird.....

I always think middle of the night, and that tool is by the bed and doesn't move. And yes, I have a G19 on at my work desk during the week too...
    Hell, I shower with that thing on.

Hi,

Sincerely,
    Theis
    Thats partially what the dogs are for.
    They would be on you before making 4' inside my home.
    While being mauled awaiting getting shot.

I’m not much of a ‘robe and slippers’ guy, so the P30L or G32 just stay on until I go to bed.

Might have to start carrying a fucking pencil, too.

Hi,

Everyone always talks about middle of the night scenarios yet majority of home invasions happen between 6am-6pm.

That 50B sitting by the bed does nothing while enjoying family time in the kitchen, dinning room, backyard patio, etc etc.

So for 1 trick pony home defense setups you can get away with anything because the chance of you being able to actually get to it are pretty dismal.

Sincerely,
    Theis

870 (because that’s what I have) with 2 3/4” #4 buck. 27 pellets. I’ve seen what it does to coyotes uncountable times and won’t go thru my red brick house walls.

Last edited:
    Reactions: acudaowner
    Thats partially what the dogs are for.
    They would be on you before making 4' inside my home.
    While being mauled awaiting getting shot.

Hi,

Possibly........IF I had 10 dollars for every homeowner over the past 20 years of dealing with K9s that said that and their dogs ability backed up what the owner thinks it is; I would not have enough to pay my electric bill this month.

Sincerely,
    Theis

Hi,

Possibly........IF I had 10 dollars for every homeowner over the past 20 years of dealing with K9s that said that and their dogs ability backed up what the owner thinks it is; I would not have enough to pay my electric bill this month.

Sincerely,
    Theis
    I have grown up on ranches and been around hunting and working dogs my whole life.
    I know the difference between an AKC registed couch potato and a dog that will die for you at any cost.
    And yes you are right most family dogs arent up to the task.

Reactions: Mwalex
    Glock 17 pistol with spare mag in arms length.

556 pistol with 75gr open tip bullets. Within 15ft if needed.

Doc

Okay, to satisfy your requirements, this 50B handgun is sitting by the bed and is set up to be my go to gun in the event of a break in at night while I'm sleeping.

Or I just just use my Winchester 97 with slam fire capability.......

Hi,

Everyone always talks about middle of the night scenarios yet majority of home invasions happen between 6am-6pm.

That 50B sitting by the bed does nothing while enjoying family time in the kitchen, dinning room, backyard patio, etc etc.

So for 1 trick pony home defense setups you can get away with anything because the chance of you being able to actually get to it are pretty dismal.

Sincerely,
    Theis

Never said this was the only home defense weapon in the house. I'd venture to say I have more firearms around my house specifically for home defense than many here own.

I was just expounding on the usefulness of an all in one type firearm for home defense.

Shit I worry none.
    The grand kids will have him tied up and calling for his momma before I get there and turn the lights out.
    Fuckers are ruthless.
    I'm so proud.

Except for the barking, I don't trust the dog.

I always have heat in my belt, I'm not the pa jammie or robe dude. I'm either ready to save the world or I'm fucking in the sack, w heat under my pillow.
    I don't give a shit.

Shit I worry none.
    The grand kids will have him tied up and calling for his momma before I get there and turn the lights out.
    Fuckers are ruthless.
    I'm so proud.

Except for the barking, I don't trust the dog.

I always have heat in my belt, I'm not the pa jammie or robe dude. I'm either ready to save the world or I'm fucking in the sack, w heat under my pillow.
    I don't give a shit.
    damn.. this guy

I believe you lol

Reactions: AMGtuned
    Hi,

Sincerely,
    Theis

As much as pocket carry is universally looked down on, it is rather comfortable around the house and you can easily always have it on you, without really noticing it's there.

Hi,

Sincerely,
    Theis
    everybody's situation is different. if you're in a ranch house in south africa, good luck.
    we only have one entrance, unless they come swinging onto the balcony from a choppa.
    even then, i had it all covered, but my wife told me to stop with the tacticool bullshit and get my crap out of the living room.

good20210627_000155.jpg

Living in the country second house from the end of the street.
    I have a 100 yard rifle range and usually shoot a couple times a week.
    Neighbor has a 200 yard rifle range and shoots once a week or so.
    You step out of your car on my gravel driveway and look down you will find.22,9mm,.45,300bo and .223 empty’s laying around.
    Same with my neighbors driveway.
    Most people find this concerning also the sign at the head of the drive that says “if you’re found here tonight you will be found here in the morning” draws some interest.
    If none of that deters the DW 1911 is always close by.

I have my sleepin pistol and other weapons spread out around the house.

I'd say whatever you're comfortable with. I have a piece, strategically placed in every room. Beside my bed is a 1911 with a Crimson Trace grip and a VEPR AK. I'd probably grab the 1911, first, unless it's going down outside, then the AK, or the AR, or the SLP MK1, or....

Reactions: diggler1833
    I keep a suppressed 8" 300blk in arms reach by the bed. It runs well and the recoil is so light with subs I can sling a lot of lead fast.

90% of the time I have a g17 on my hip during the day too.
    I really want a 300blk AR. Suppressed would be fucking awesome but won’t be a deal breaker

Reactions: darkfader
    In the house. Pistol
    In the yard. Pistol
    In the garden. Pistol
    Standing in the yard at midnight watching the meth heads try to hunt down the "panther" thats killing their starving livestock. Pistol
    In the back 40. Pistol

The gun you dont have literally on your person is too far away, and not near as effective as one inches from your fingers.
    "I've whipped many a sassy bandit, with just my pistol."

I really want a 300blk AR. Suppressed would be fucking awesome but won’t be a deal breaker
    They're fun to shoot. I load up 209gr hi-tek coated bullets at $.17 a pop over a little cfe blk, so it's cheap too.

I used to have a blk bolt gun and that thing was tons of fun with 150gr subs and a splash of unique. Not the most accurate round in the world but it was as close to movie quiet as I've gotten with a suppressor other than rimfire.

Reactions: The D
    on a serious note....any of you guys have any experience with those AK pattern 12G shotguns, like the AK12, the SDS lynx, or the JTS M12AK ?

im thinking one of those, SBS'd, loaded with Winchester PDX defender 12G could be a nice little room sweeper.

Reactions: AMGtuned
    well after youve killed a man with a dildo through the heart, i hope you have a pithy 90's action movie one-liner ready..

"shouldve just used the doorbell......ding DONG"

"you look sad, why the schlong face?"

"well, looks like you found yourself in a real pickle now"

"looks like the chickens have come home to roost....COCK-a-doodle-do"