• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Question Concerning HK417

BimotaBiker

Private
Minuteman
Jan 13, 2011
Ohio
I have an HK91 and just ordered a SureFire FA762K suppressor. I called SureFire to ask if they made an adapter to mount it on my HK91 and the SureFire rep didn’t have a clue. He said that they made an adapter for the HK 417 and that if the threads were the same, it should work on the HK91. So my question is……will a flash hider from an HK417 also fit the HK91?

Re: Question Concerning HK417

I'm not sure, but you will want to have the threads recut, to make sure they are centered with the bore. You will not want baffle strikes! Best of luck, JPG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Silverbullet-2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not sure, but you will want to have the threads recut, to make sure they are centered with the bore. You will not want baffle strikes! Best of luck, JPG </div></div>

You are correct in your statement that I do not want baffle strikes! Are you saying that the factory threads on my HK91 may not be concentric to the bore?

Yes, It is not uncommon for the outside of a barrel not be in exact allingment with the bore. Get the surefire brake, or adapter of your choice, and your rifle to a smith that knows what he is doing. He can make the adjustment and install the adapter correctly. Thus preventing baffle strikes. JPG

You should NOT have any troubles with an original HK91 barrel having its threads cut concentric to the bore. If you are concerned or want to double check to protect your investment in your FA762K, a gunsmith can check your threads for you. Now, with that said, lots of people refer to their PTR-91, CETME, CAI POS, etc. clone rifles as "HK91s" and rest assured that not all barrels were created equal, so keep that in mind.

As for the adapter...YES THE HK417 FLASH HIDER SHOULD WORK!! Any barrel threaded M15X1 right hand (i.e. - the OEM HK91 barrels) will work with the following flash hider mount:

http://www.surefire.com/FH762-211S--Flash-HiderAdapter

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ORD wrote: YES THE HK417 FLASH HIDER SHOULD WORK!! Any barrel threaded M15X1 right hand (i.e. - the OEM HK91 barrels) will work.....</div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Thanks...That's what I needed to know.</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ORD wrote: Now, with that said, lots of people refer to their PTR-91, CETME, CAI POS, etc. clone rifles as "HK91s" and rest assured that not all barrels were created equal, so keep that in mind. </div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold"> No clones in this household. Only the real thing! </span>