• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Fieldcraft Question on Mil dots

Garth

Private
Minuteman
Jan 15, 2010
hay guys.

so i ordered my first mil dot scope a 3-9x40. but what im wondering is at what power mil dot is the most true? or what formulas i can use to make it true at 3-9 power.

Thanks

Garth

Re: Question on Mil dots

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Garth</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Scope

i was unsure if Mil was most true at 10x</div></div>

Be aware, with some cheap scopes a mil may never equal a mil. I had a 6-24 power that would have had to be at about 26x to be correct. However, you could do the math and figure out where it works for 1/2 mil.

It's not just on cheap scopes that error occurs. I and a friend of mine have seen that happen to two of the biggest scope manufacturers in the U.S.

Check every scope, especially the second focal-plane scopes, to avoid surprises.

I did some checking and mine ended up being 9x for ranging. So make sure you check it.