• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Question regarding QD alignment issue

O_W

Team tug toner
Minuteman
Dec 3, 2008
Texas
I have a SF 762-211c break/QD and I cannot get it to align eactly perfect. Question is what if any issues wil arise with it being off by <5 degrees?

My initial thought is nothing but want to verify as this is my first supressor/mount

Re: Question regarding QD alignment issue

No bueno. Try it on another rifle if you can to determine if it is the barrel or the qd that is bad. Too much money will be invested if the alignment is not straight. Make it good now or repair the qd and can later.

Did the brake come with shims?What rifle is this going on?

Are you talking the notch is not completely at the 6 o'clock position as you are timing the brake or that the bore of the rifle is not aligned with the exit hole on the brake. If it is a timing issue that is a simple fix. Just look at the timing wheel to see what shims you have on there and then do the shims on either direction. Those brakes we recommend to be torqued to 20-30 ft. lbs. What I do is start at 20 then go to 30 in 5lb increments and if it is not right I just switch my shims and start again at 20 and then work up to 30. I hope this was of help. Also did you go off the new manual that is a little book or the old one that is just a piece of paper. If you are using the new manual make sure you are using the correct thread pattern mounting page and also blue and purple looks damn close on our shims and I apologize so that could also be the culprit.

Chuck

it is the notch at 6 o'clock. I ran into .037 shims get me this close but ever other combination at .040 it off by about the same amount on the other side.

ok so here is a little more detail. at torque about 50-60% of the notch is at 6'oclock. it is literally just off enough to notice if you look hard.