• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Range Report Quickload / NECO Software Question

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    Okay, so I bought a PVM 21 and it came with Quickload... I have an old IBM Laptop which is shit that i am going to replace but i have question and NECO hasn't responded to me.

Looking at some laptops so I can run this software and some other Windows based stuff at the Range, does it matter of the computer has Windows 7 64 bit or should I stick to the 32 bit installs ?

A lot are advertising 64 bit versions of Win7 and I have no clue on the differences ?

Thanks

Re: Quickload / NECO Software Question

if your getting new hardware, there would be no reason to go backwards to 32 bit architecture. Quickload tables, and the PVM software would run at their best on a 64 bit OS. everything is gradually switching to 64 bit anyway. bigger is better right? =)

Stick to 64. Virtually all of the "productivity" apps (e.g. MS Office, etc) and a lot of the "fun" ones have been rewritten for 64bit architecture which pretty much dominates current hardware and software platforms. As with weapons you want to look forward not back. You should have no trouble running the apps you want to use. I use all sorts of imaging programs which have not yet been rewritten for 64bit and they work just fine on win 64 installations.

I agree with Speeddog ... stick with 64. At work we have had more issues with 32 bit running on a 64 platform. We have had virtually no issues with 64 running on 64 hardware.

I run mine on Windows 7 Pro 64. Which version of QL did you get LL? I have been trying to get information from NECOs on what are the upgrades from the different versions. I kinda need to with a couple of new bullets and powders they have out now.

Hello F....

I've a toughbook with 32 bit, windows 7, quick load 3.6 and PVM-08, bought from Neconos, I suppose you have also this one.

I wrote to Werner Mehl [email protected] to have the correct drivers for my configuration, I received it and everythings works great.

With the 64 bit architecture software your system will be faster and support way more memory then just 4gb of ram and I think some systems that have a 32 edition were only able to recognize 3 1/2 gb or ram. Also this lets you run the faster 2 core, 4 core processors. I have been using 64 bit Operating Systems for about 6 years and everything is fine. There at not many drivers that will not work with it. I use my QL with my current windows 7 64 with no issues. Another thing Windows can imitate some older 32 versions OS for older software.

So Frank you can't go wrong with 64 edition of windows. All 32 bit programs will install just fine. Hope this helps
    smile.gif

Regards Aron-