• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors QuietBore 22LR Titanium Suppressor Build Review -***Approved Form 1 Required***

I think some of you are missing what I'm asking. This has nothing to do with QB, full kits, etc.

I may be able to have a run made of Ti end caps and cups. Lots of guys have been asking for those parts in Ti. Those of you looking for full Ti kits will have to source them on your own.
I want the TI end caps for the 30 cal can

Reactions: softcock
I havent got a reply to 2 emails either. Ill text him and see whats going on..
Yeah I think he is busy at the SEMA show. I believe he built a race truck that he is exhibiting in the SEMA show. I think the SEMA show starts today and ends on the 9th?
Padom where is the 9mm/45 review? Your killing me. Lol

Last week I ordered a .45 solvent trap and received it on saturday. The end cap in the box was the wrong thread even though the box was marked with the one I ordered. I emailed Preston immediately with all the info including pics and haven't heard anything since. Every other communication with him was answered within a very short time frame.

I was talking to a guy that does Facebook and he said the they are going to be adding someone help to help with this side of their business. He also stated there was a batch of guys that got the wrong caps.

Just got a text from Preston. He's been away but he said they hired someone on the QuietBore side to handle the tech questions/emails so things dont get dropped for a while while hes away.

Does anyone know if the .22 and 556 trap are full auto rated? Also what type of DB reduction they are getting?

Prototype Ti "cups" for the 9/45 trap and 5.56/30 trap are in production. I'll have the prototypes to test in the next few weeks.

I submitted my Form 1 for a 22 can on 11/5 so hopefully I'll be drilling one of those soon. Is there anyone out there that purchased the drill fixture that is no longer using it that would be willing to let me borrow it (will pay for shipping obviously) here in the near future?

I don't know anything about that code or where it came from but Snipershide code they gave me for you guys appears to not be working anymore.
If you snoop around Facebook, I believe the new discount code is "TURKEY" and is good for 20%.

Reactions: bigdaddydmd
Still no plans for a 30cal jig?
I've got one of these coming in the mail. It's the Diversified Machine .30 cal all titanium can, 1.5" OD and 8" long. It's about 16 or 18 ounces and costs the same $350 that the Quietbore kit costs which weighs ~28 ounces. Each "kit" comes with a drill jig for free. However, this jig appears to require a drill press and is not a free hand style like the Quietbore.

Any word on when the Ti cups will be available and how much?

Prototype set of Ti cups being cut right now for 45 kit. 5.56/30 prototype cups being cut end of next week then I will test them. If they test good they will immediately go into.production and I'll start taking pre-orders.

Looks like Ti cups will be $35ea or $30 each if you buy a whole set for your kit (8 or more).

Reactions: ddavis
So it would be an extra $240 on top of the $350 for the 556/30cal kit then so $590 total?

So it would be an extra $240 on top of the $350 for the 556/30cal kit then so $590 total?

This has.nothing to do with QB.

I.had a ton of requests for Ti cups from the people that bought kits. QB wasn't capable at this time if making Ti cups for any kit other than the 22lr kit. So I contracted to have Ti cups made elsewhere.

If you want Ti cups for your kits, then those are the costs, yes.

Ok, thanks. Just wanted to make sure I had everything right. I’ll be using this mostly for hunting out of blinds so the weight is not that big of a deal for me. Thanks for the info guys!

Would the 45 kit with 1 steel baffle be suitable for 300 Blk super&sub?

I would say no... steel or titanium baffles for centerfire. For example, my Rugged Obsidian 45 which is a full steel tube and has sterlite baffles is full auto rated up to 300blk subsonic...

So I wouldnt be shooting anything other than pistol through your 45 aluminum kit. Now if you pick up the Ti cups I have coming in the next few weeks for the 45 kit than thats a different story. Probably stick to 300blk subsonic though.

Last edited:
Reactions: dghboy315
Great thread! This may give me something to do to pass the time while waiting for my Form 4 approval.

Wow, that's a great turn around!
I even made a few mistakes with my paperwork and eform (rookie stuff) and an agent had to reach out to me to correct it. I filled out a customer satisfaction survey afterwards and gave them the highest marks.
Bottom line, whatever crew is doing form 1's is highly motivated and wicked fast.

Reactions: waspocrew
I would say no... steel or titanium baffles for centerfire. For example, my Rugged Obsidian 45 which is a full steel tube and has sterlite baffles is full auto rated up to 300blk subsonic...

So I wouldnt be shooting anything other than pistol through your 45 aluminum kit. Now if you pick up the Ti cups I have coming in the next few weeks for the 45 kit than thats a different story. Probably stick to 300blk subsonic though.

I'm a complete suppressor newb and genuinely curious, if a typical .45 ACP has approx 10 gr of powder and a sub 300 BLK has aprox the same quantity of powder, would the 45 kit be ok with one Ti cup or would I have to replace all the cups with Ti? I'm thinking about picking up the QB 45 kit for a dedicated 300 BLK AR running only subs... Thoughts?

I'm a complete suppressor newb and genuinely curious, if a typical .45 ACP has approx 10 gr of powder and a sub 300 BLK has aprox the same quantity of powder, would the 45 kit be ok with one Ti cup or would I have to replace all the cups with Ti? I'm thinking about picking up the QB 45 kit for a dedicated 300 BLK AR running only subs... Thoughts?

I load 45acp regularly and loaded a few thousand last night. Typical 45acp has half that....5-6gr of powder, not 10...

My 45acp rugged obsidian 45 is rated up to 300blk subsonic. Butt... it's got a steel tube, and all sterlite baffles.

I would use all SS cups at a minimum.. you'll want Ti to save weight...

I load 45acp regularly and loaded a few thousand last night. Typical 45acp has half that....5-6gr of powder, not 10...

My 45acp rugged obsidian 45 is rated up to 300blk subsonic. Butt... it's got a steel tube, and all sterlite baffles.

I would use all SS cups at a minimum.. you'll want Ti to save weight...

Thanks!!!

I'll admit I'm pretty new to suppressors as well - thinking of picking up a titanium 22 lr solvent trap and wondering if a 17 HMR would be too much for it to handle?

I bought 3 “traps” from him and then needed to return a part and he was responsive until I sent the part back. He hasn’t responded to an email or voicemail for weeks now. I have several friends that want to buy traps but based on my experience I will not recommend him.

I bought 3 “traps” from him and then needed to return a part and he was responsive until I sent the part back. He hasn’t responded to an email or voicemail for weeks now. I have several friends that want to buy traps but based on my experience I will not recommend him.

Did you call the main number? They hired someone to handle the CS side for QB Preston told me 2 weeks ago. He isnt handling the day to day anymore and is rarely in the office from what I'm told. I had trouble getting through for about a month. I'm still waiting on a part which wasnt made but was going into production last week.

Did you call the main number? They hired someone to handle the CS side for QB Preston told me 2 weeks ago. He isnt handling the day to day anymore and is rarely in the office from what I'm told. I had trouble getting through for about a month. I'm still waiting on a part which wasnt made but was going into production last week.

I called and left 2 voicemails and haven’t received a response.

For anyone running a Gen 1 Scorpion EVO with 18x1 thread pitch, I just sent a request asking if they can make this 9mm entrance cap available. SilencerCO sell this for their Octanes/9K, but the tube diameter is not the same. It would be nice to have this as a direct thread option and not use an adapter.

I'll let you all know what I get back.

So I have the numbers on the new SS and Ti parts for the 45 and 5.56 kits...

5.56/30 Rifle Kit

Factory Cups - 51.9 grams
New SS Cups - 28.6 grams
New Ti Cups - 15 grams

Factory SS Spacer - 75 grams
New SS Spacer - 33 grams
New Ti Spacer - 21 grams

Factory Exit Cap - 58.6 grams
Factory 1/2-28 Entrance Cap - 133.2 grams
Factory 5/8-24 Entrance Cap - 121.8 grams
**NOTE** We are doing the modeling now on the entrance and exit caps. SS options will be roughly half the weight of above factory numbers and Ti parts will be another 20-25% lighter than that. Will have final weights and prices on them in a week or less.

Pricing
New SS Cups - $17ea if you buy all 7 / $20ea for individual cups
New Ti Cups - $30ea if you buy all 7 / $35ea for individual cups
New SS Spacer - $15.00
New Ti Spacer - $45.00

45 Cal Kit

SS Cups $15ea if you buy all 8 or $18ea if you buy less than 8
Ti Cups will be $30ea if you buy all 8 or $35 each if you buy less than 8

Will have weight numbers shortly.

At this point I am trying to see how many people want what. We need a minimum of 10 kits of 45 and/or 10 kits of 5.56/30 to get this going. Those 10 need to be in the same material. So if we are going to run SS, we need 10 orders for SS 5.56 kits. If we are going to run Ti, we need a minimum of 10 orders for Ti kits.

Some info, these NEW SS cups and spacer have a nicer machine finish and they are thinner just like factory cups. They are not super thick walled like the factory cups so thats where the weight savings is. Also, these new cups are clipped, just like a factory baffle, where the factory SS cups are not clipped.

PM me your info and what you want so I can gauge interest. If we have 10 orders for one type of cup we can get this going.....

Reactions: 260284