• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors QuietBore 22LR Titanium Suppressor Build Review -***Approved Form 1 Required***

Here are some pics I took at the maker today.

New 5.56/30 SS Cups Both drilled and un-drilled so you can see how they look finished. They are working on a jig for these as well.

New 45cal Cups in AL just for testing. Testing cups vs K cups and double clipped. We have the K cups as well in SS. If sound is equal or better than the factory K cups we will make all the pistol cups in this Cup style vs k style. They are easier to make and my factory Rugged Obsidian 45 uses the cup design so I know it works...

I'd be down for some 9mm stainless cups, esp if it means I could possible run 300blk.

I'd be down for some 9mm stainless cups, esp if it means I could possible run 300blk.

Problem is I believe they are different size cups vs the 45. I havent had any interest for 9mm cups but if we have 10 people that want them we can do those too. Do me a favor and measure the od at the back of the cup and tell me that measurement.

Problem is I believe they are different size cups vs the 45. I havent had any interest for 9mm cups but if we have 10 people that want them we can do those too. Do me a favor and measure the od at the back of the cup and tell me that measurement.

I'm showing 1.1125"

I believe you said before that these have nothing to do with QB? So do you have an O.D. measurement on the cups/spacers so we can match fit to another manufacturer's tube if we want to with Ti? By the way, your work and information is much appreciated!

I believe you said before that these have nothing to do with QB? So do you have an O.D. measurement on the cups/spacers so we can match fit to another manufacturer's tube if we want to with Ti? By the way, your work and information is much appreciated!

Correct.

45cal cups = 1.23"
5.56/30 cups = 1.31"

I've completed the .22 kit. 3.4 ounces on my kitchen scale. Happy. As it's my only suppressor exposure I do wonder how it compares db reduction wise to current top retail cans. Who has both that can give a comparison?

I've shot my 22 kit from QB side by side with a rimfire can from Silencer Central, both on Ruger Mark IVs. If there was any discernable difference at all, I would give the slight edge to my QB kit.
Considering I got mine in less than a month and it was nearly half the price of the retail can, I would say you can't go wrong with the QB 22 kit.

Does anybody know how to tell the difference between aluminum and titanium cups for the 22 traps?

Thanks for the suggestions. I asked a question because after my form one was approved drilling seemed relatively easy. Lots of people have had trouble drilling titanium. I ordered the trap with titanium cups. Not sure if that’s what I got. Does anybody know what a cup weighs? Either drilled or not drilled or titanium or aluminum?

Thanks for the suggestions. I asked a question because after my form one was approved drilling seemed relatively easy. Lots of people have had trouble drilling titanium. I ordered the trap with titanium cups. Not sure if that’s what I got. Does anybody know what a cup weighs? Either drilled or not drilled or titanium or aluminum?

Had zero issues drilling my Ti. Post a pic

Titanium or aluminum cups?

Attachments

• 65535D84-70F0-45A7-9409-8FB4EEB977DB.jpeg
    65535D84-70F0-45A7-9409-8FB4EEB977DB.jpeg
    395.4 KB · Views: 69
  • 18F700A1-48A7-4830-B9C8-B84609749D54.jpeg
    18F700A1-48A7-4830-B9C8-B84609749D54.jpeg
    376.8 KB · Views: 88
Padom, I'm ready to order baffles for my QB 45 whenever. Question:

For running on a semi-auto 300BLK, would you recommend replacing with all Ti baffles, or...

one stainless baffle and the rest Ti, or...

all stainless.

Thanks for doing this.

For running on a semi-auto 300BLK, would you recommend replacing with all Ti baffles, or...

all stainless.

Thanks for doing this.

I have no idea. My Rugged Obsidian 45 with SS baffles is only rated for 300blk subsonic. I run a Rugged Surge 7.62 in the shorter K config on my 300blk with supers...

all stainless.

Thanks for doing this.

SS spacer, TI cups. You could probably get away with 304ss all internals tho

Do we have enough people interested in the titanium cups and caps? I’m still in for 2 sets.

Do we have enough people interested in the titanium cups and caps? I’m still in for 2 sets.

Not at this point, no. But I'm waiting for the final cups to test. They are 90% done. I talked to them today. Hopefully next week I'll get them to test.

I'm not rushing this and hearing crap when something isnt right. That's not how I roll. Once I test them and they are g2g I'll open the official group buy and we will see how many we get. I already have them info of the 4 or 5 people that PM me.

Make sure you get them tested to make sure you’re actually getting the metal you’re paying for...

Signed up on here cause it seems to be the best place for info on the Quiet Bore stuff.

@padom Would be interested in the SS Cups, Spacer, entrance, and exit caps (when they are ready). Doesn't seem like you can buy the entrance caps for the 5.56/.30 on the QB website.

Not at this point, no. But I'm waiting for the final cups to test. They are 90% done. I talked to them today. Hopefully next week I'll get them to test.

I'm not rushing this and hearing crap when something isnt right. That's not how I roll. Once I test them and they are g2g I'll open the official group buy and we will see how many we get. I already have them info of the 4 or 5 people that PM me.

thanks padom, I appreciate you making sure everything is right first. I’m just excited to pull the trigger on them! Thank you for the update.

Just got approval for my 9mm QB. Drilling it out tonight.

11/25 submitted
11/27 prints received
1/7 Approval

Not bad with the holidays.

Reactions: Juggerxxx
Took about an hour to drill all baffles and end cap. The key here is to go slow. I burned down one of my batteries in my drill, maybe I went too slow, but... no broken bits and everything looks solid.

some tips
- go SLOW. Peck at it, as they say.
- clean the bit, and jig after each baffle
- oil the top of the baffles and the bit with each use
- take a break from time to time to ensure your bit is still tight in the drill

taking it out this weekend to test on my CZ 75 9mm and Scorpion EVO.

F3567C9F-24C9-40B7-BEE1-2C8C1128C93B.jpeg

Does the booster / Nielsen Device come with the kit or did you get that elsewhere?

Anyone find a video of the actual drilling? How to set it up, use a drill vs milling machine?

Has anyone drilled an aluminum 22lr with a drill press, without the drill guide? I forgot to order the guide with my trap and with $20 shipping it seems a bit overpriced.

Has anyone drilled an aluminum 22lr with a drill press, without the drill guide? I forgot to order the guide with my trap and with $20 shipping it seems a bit overpriced.
If my two QB .22 and 45 can EVER show up, I'll be selling my drill jigs in the Accessories forum when I'm finished with them. Three weeks and still no shipped info on my account...QB was bragging on Facebook on the day that I ordered mine they had "plenty in stock, ready to ship". Not the case...

If my two QB .22 and 45 can EVER show up, I'll be selling my drill jigs in the Accessories forum when I'm finished with them. Three weeks and still no shipped info on my account...QB was bragging on Facebook on the day that I ordered mine they had "plenty in stock, ready to ship". Not the case...

Damn! Hopefully you submitted your paperwork already to start the wait, while you wait...

Their communication has gone to shit. I have asked two questions via email in the past month, no response.

Yeah, at this point, my stamps will almost certainly be here before my traps make it. You can't tell people you have plenty of product ready to ship, then shit the bed when orders come in. If that was true, then all they'd be doing right now is laser engraving, and that is finished quick. I'm fine with 'ma 'n 'pops businesses, but you can't flake on people with poor communication. That old gunsmith BS excuse of "if im answering emails and calls, im not working on your shit" doesn't justify zero coms. Run your business full and well people, the rest of us have to. Fuck.

Reactions: Adam B
Yeah, at this point, my stamps will almost certainly be here before my traps make it. You can't tell people you have plenty of product ready to ship, then shit the bed when orders come in. If that was true, then all they'd be doing right now is laser engraving, and that is finished quick. I'm fine with 'ma 'n 'pops businesses, but you can't flake on people with poor communication. That old gunsmith BS excuse of "if im answering emails and calls, im not working on your shit" doesn't justify zero coms. Run your business full and well people, the rest of us have to. Fuck.

Man, I was just about to order a kit from them. But if it's one thing that turns me off from wanting to try a new company its if I hear there is no communication. Please keep us informed.

Man, I was just about to order a kit from them. But if it's one thing that turns me off from wanting to try a new company its if I hear there is no communication. Please keep us informed.

Same here.... registered here just to say this. I was ready to plunk down cash for a .22 , 9mm and the .30 cal one.

3 weeks and no shipment plus the other guy saying he got no email response is a huge red flag.

Gonna wait this one out and see what comes of it before I place an order. I knew this was too good to be true. A suppressor in about a month? Crazy. I know im not waiting a year for a commercial one....

Reactions: Double0fox
Same here.... registered here just to say this. I was ready to plunk down cash for a .22 , 9mm and the .30 cal one.

3 weeks and no shipment plus the other guy saying he got no email response is a huge red flag.

Gonna wait this one out and see what comes of it before I place an order. I knew this was too good to be true. A suppressor in about a month? Crazy. I know im not waiting a year for a commercial one....

I am now also looking at Diversified machine's Titanium kits. https://diversifiedmachine.us/
Might give them a try.