• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors QuietBore 22LR Titanium Suppressor Build Review -***Approved Form 1 Required***

I just meant its not a precision can like the Ultra in terms of sound reduction and POI shift.

Direct thread, its found a home on my SBR 300 BLK. For that, its a freakin awesome can.

Reactions: Juggerxxx
Unfortunately, they're about the same as QB in terms of coms. I haven't received my QB order yet so I have nothing to compare to.

It's been awhile so my memory is reaching, but it was kinda weird. When ordered the "kit" from DM, the Ti tube showed up quick but no joy on baffles.....then I remember waiting longer than I like for the baffles; maybe nearly a month on them???

Assuming QB ever gets shipments out, do you guys think the .22 LR silencer would work for .22 magnum as well?

If I am going to have a .22 silencer id at least like it to work with .22 magnum at a minimum. Perhaps only with the Ti baffles?

I honestly dont know what is wrong with these people? With all of the ways you can keep you customers informed it is just baffling that they cant seem to do it.
We call it bad sex. We (my company) see this in people all the time that develop a great product (good foreplay) but do not know how to run a busy and productive business (lousy finish). It's a problem with their small-thinking mindset and their business "belief" system. They're skilled "doers" but their mindset likely can't stand answering emails and providing customer service. They're mindset thinks they're too small to hire people to do it for them. So they believe if they just get orders and fill them as fast as their scarcely-ran shop can, they'll just stay in business. "Lose small" thinking vs. "win big" thinking.
These solvent trap companies know you are locked in and already went to ALL the fucking trouble to file and buy stamps for their products' dimensions. Its manipulative, but its their power over their customers to leverage their will against you. Hopefully this isn't happening at QB, but they aren't saying anything to counter the intel. I judge companies (any everything) by it's fruit, and right now it looks lousy.

Good counter example of this model is Long Rifles, Inc. That company is in it to win big. They don't fuck around at all with their clients. They're all about production and keeping you a part of the production with great coms throughout . The company seduces you fast with great customer service and finishes you off with a good product at an above-average delivery. Good sex.

Well, for what its worth...

I shot my QuietBore 9mm this morning. Ran it on my CZ 75, Scorpion Evo, and my friends Sub2000. Put around 200 rounds through it. Zero issues. Very quiet with 147 American Eagle.

Guy next to me was shooting his pistol with an Omega 9k. It was hard for any of us to tell the difference in tone/suppression between the two.

Very happy with how this turned out. Hope QB adjusts their CS. They have a great product. My buddy wants one, but I told him to hold off until I see more response.

Last edited:
I emailed diversified machine about a few things and never got a response back, what was their turnaround time when you ordered?

I've sent them emails with questions as well, been 11 months and not a peep. Just sent 2 more emails recently and still nothing.

I have the QB 45 and 22 traps. The 22 trap is comparable to my YHM and surefire 22 cans. There is no noticeable difference to the ear from my 45 trap and my SiCo hybrid and osprey. They are hard to beat for the money and small amount of time you have to wait. It is a shame that these companies just can’t get their crap together from a CS perspective.

For what it is worth, I called Diversified because I noticed a typo on their home page and I hoped I would still get 15% off a titanium trap. This was the Friday after Xmas. Lady answered the phone on the 2nd ring, pulled up their home page and laughed at the typo and told me the offer was still good. On the home page it told me to expect 2-3 weeks to ship due to expected volume.
I placed the order and thought I’d get it by the end of January.
The order shipped next Monday and the trap arrived January 4th.
So they answer their phone and shipped my order out ridiculously fast. And charged $10 shipping which I thought was decent.
I’m happy with them. This was my 2nd order.

Reactions: Adam B
For what it is worth, I called Diversified because I noticed a typo on their home page and I hoped I would still get 15% off a titanium trap. This was the Friday after Xmas. Lady answered the phone on the 2nd ring, pulled up their home page and laughed at the typo and told me the offer was still good. On the home page it told me to expect 2-3 weeks to ship due to expected volume.
I placed the order and thought I’d get it by the end of January.
The order shipped next Monday and the trap arrived January 4th.
So they answer their phone and shipped my order out ridiculously fast. And charged $10 shipping which I thought was decent.
I’m happy with them. This was my 2nd order.
is there still a discount code for them?

I placed an order last night for a 22 and 9mm trap. I wanted to look into switching it to a 45 trap and emailed them last night around 1 am EST. This morning at 11am, I received a response from Preston. Just commenting on my experience, but he was extremely prompt to answer on a Sunday morning.

Same here. I emailed Preston yesterday evening about my .22 Ti and .45 traps and he responded this morning:

"We are working on Titanium internals this week (which is holding up your order) then we should have it out!
We've been slammed with orders which is awesome but unexpected so we've just been trying to play catch up. I've been in the shop the last 2 weeks everyday running the machine shop so they are getting a lot done.

Thanks,
Preston"

I have ordered multiple times from QB and Diversified. Diversified does not tend to reply to emails especially dealing with the nature of the product and some of the questions that people ask he often will simply not reply due to legal reasons. QB is in high demand and I am sure they are swamped. Go to the Form 1 suppressor builder page on FaceBook. It is quite large with a lot of demand right now for products. I don't think that answering emails is very high on their priority list. That has been my experience with anything Form 1 related. Having said that, I have always gotten my products. Diversified also updated their website recently to reflect a new email address to use for questions. That may be something to be aware of.

Reactions: Juggerxxx
Received my Form 1 back for my QB 22. So now I am looking at doing a 9MM. Will be used on a yet to be determined pistol. From reading their site it looks like they are suggesting a booster housing. Anyone have any experience with this?

Happy as all get out with my 22 and 9mm cans from QB. I did not get a booster for my 9mm as it is only hosted by scorpion evo and an AR9. The booster is not necessary for a fixed barrel rifle or PCC or a pistol without a tilt barrel design like a Beretta 92. This lets me run more baffles instead of having a spacer/booster in the can. If you are using a pistol host with a tilt barrel design like a glock, HK, Sig etc a booster will be necessary.

Last edited:
@padom any update on the baffles and curious if you've received enough interest in to run a group buy?

I just received the 45 test cups yesterday. Will be testing them next week then we will be g2g on them. The prototype end caps for the 5.56/30 tube are being made now. The cups are already done. Once I have the entrance and exit prototype caps in hand I will test the 5.56/30cal to make sure we are g2g with everything and no tweaks need to be made then we can start making those.

I just eFiled my Form 1 for a .22 Quiet Bore suppressor, should I go ahead and place the order with QB? I know I need the engraving and im worried about having them engrave ".22 LR" when my Form 1 only shows " 22 "

I would like for the suppressor to say ".22 LR" but dont want to run afoul of the ATF. If I must put " 22 " only then I will.

Reactions: CountryShooter
I just eFiled my Form 1 for a .22 Quiet Bore suppressor, should I go ahead and place the order with QB? I know I need the engraving and im worried about having them engrave ".22 LR" when my Form 1 only shows " 22 "

I would like for the suppressor to say ".22 LR" but dont want to run afoul of the ATF. If I must put " 22 " only then I will.

You had the option to select whatever you wanted for the model when you efiled the Form 1. If you chose just 22 than thats what you have to use. Model and Serial engraving needs to match your approved Form 1....

You had the option to select whatever you wanted for the model when you efiled the Form 1. If you chose just 22 than thats what you have to use. Model and Serial engraving needs to match your approved Form 1....

I chose plenty of models and the only option it let me choose for the caliber drop down was simply "22"

I had read that creating a new model could increase wait times, which I dont want. So I just chose a model name I liked that was already there.

Thats fine, ill just have them engrave "22" simply, exactly as it shows on the from 1.

I chose plenty of models and the only option it let me choose for the caliber drop down was simply "22"

I had read that creating a new model could increase wait times, which I dont want. So I just chose a model name I liked that was already there.

Thats fine, ill just have them engrave "22" simply, exactly as it shows on the from 1.

Nope you can choose or type what you want. I do every time never had an increased wait time and mine says 22 LR

Reactions: Juggar
Nope you can choose or type what you want. I do every time never had an increased wait time and mine says 22 LR

Understood, you live and learn I guess.

As for the baffle material, should I go with Titanium if I want to use the 22 LR suppressor with .22 Magnum?

Or is the can simply not fit for that, and I should go aluminium only?

Understood, you live and learn I guess.

As for the baffle material, should I go with Titanium if I want to use the 22 LR suppressor with .22 Magnum?

Or is the can simply not fit for that, and I should go aluminium only?

That's a question for QB. I dont own or shoot 22 Magnum but I would say Ti, if at all

That's a question for QB. I dont own or shoot 22 Magnum but I would say Ti, if at all

Thanks, Ive messaged multiple times and got no response. Sucks but what can do you.

Last edited:
I asked them about the 17HMR and they said to go with the TI.

From David:
I would recommend the titanium internals as they will hold up to the pressures better. The 22LR drill kit works well to center the holes, especially with the titanium internals. Worth the added expense to have those centered.

Best regards,

DAVID P. COLLINS
www.QuietBore.com

From David:
I would recommend the titanium internals as they will hold up to the pressures better. The 22LR drill kit works well to center the holes, especially with the titanium internals. Worth the added expense to have those centered.

Best regards,

DAVID P. COLLINS
www.QuietBore.com

Thank you, Titanium it is then.

From David:

Best regards,

DAVID P. COLLINS
www.QuietBore.com
Holy shit, got actually got a reply!!

I ordered a Quietbore 9mm Kit on 12/10, and it shipped on 12/19 with engraving completed.

I eFiled form 1 on 12/11 and it was approved 1/17.

Life is good.

Reactions: Bevo
Is the Titanium (.22 LR) hard to drill?

I just have a basic cordless drill, would that get the job done using the included carbide bit and drill fixture (+ oil)?

I ordered a Quietbore 9mm Kit on 12/10, and it shipped on 12/19 with engraving completed.

I eFiled form 1 on 12/11 and it was approved 1/17.

Life is good.

Nice! I have ran mine on Multiple hosts so far. It does a great job at suppressing, even more so when running 147 American Eagle.

Is the Titanium (.22 LR) hard to drill?
I just have a basic cordless drill, would that get the job done using the included carbide bit and drill fixture (+ oil)?
A cordless drill will get it done, but a drill press would make life much easier. Go back through this thread for more info. Some (including me) have broken bits...

A cordless drill will get it done, but a drill press would make life much easier. Go back through this thread for more info. Some (including me) have broken bits...

If using QB jig I would not use a drill press. Unless you can ensure you are 100% aligned in the alignment bushing. Much easier and fool proof to put your cup into the QB jib, clamp the jig in your vice, then use our corded or cordless drill which self aligns into the top of the jib/alignment bushing.

Reactions: Lunchbox27
Agreed. You'd need to be very careful about alignment. -- I didn't actually try it in a press. I just think it would a lot easier to control speed and pressure.

I'm on the other side. If I had access to a drill press, I wouldn't use a hand drill. Personally I used a lathe and didn't buy a drill fixture.
1. Lathe
2. Drill press
3. Hand drill

Whats the status on the .45 titanium baffles? I stumbled on this thread looking for reviews. Well done. Anyone use a 3 lug adapter on their .45? It looks like I will need to have one machined to fit the threading on the .45 can.

I love mine. put about 300 rounds through it this weekend. Quite dirty (as expected) but very very quiet. it was a real pleasure to shoot.

i am so happy with the results, i filed the paperwork and ordered a 9mm kit from them.

if you're worried about alignment and dont wanna spend an arm and a leg, get (.212" - P/N 8893K191) from McMaster-Carr. Its not perfect but its close enough for government work...

Reactions: Adam B
Anyone else have trouble with the piston just spinning inside the booster housing when trying to tighten the can down onto your gun's barrel?
Its like the can's tube is too long or the baffles are too short to "seat" the assembly, thus unable to tighten it down on the barrel.
What am I doing wrong?

Anyone else have trouble with the piston just spinning inside the booster housing when trying to tighten the can down onto your gun's barrel?
Its like the can's tube is too long or the baffles are too short to "seat" the assembly, thus unable to tighten it down on the barrel.
What am I doing wrong?

The piston has teeth on the end like any other piston. The booster housing has grooves that match the piston in the bottom of the booster like any other pistol can. You need to take the piston retention cap off the booster, insert your piston and push down and spin until the teeth on the piston drop down into the grooves in the booster housing.... Then drop in your spring and tighten down your piston retention cap into the booster housing that holds the piston into the housing.

Now, your doing this all on a pistol right??? Not a fixed barrel gun/rifle?? You cannot use a booster housing without a fixed barrel spacer (which QB does not sell but I used one from Rugged) in the housing in place of the spring..

What kit, booster and piston are you using??? What gun are you putting it on. There is no way for the piston to rotate if you have the correct parts and they are installed properly before even attempting to screw it on a gun.

Reactions: Lunchbox27
This is my first time with pistol suppressors, ive only shot rifles suppressed. Thanks for the info.