• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors QuietBore 22LR Titanium Suppressor Build Review -***Approved Form 1 Required***

If you’re putting these on either an ar or a bolt gun (assuming the 556/30 cal) do you need the spacer? Also would you run all Ti cups or the first one SS? Padom is the company running the Ti cups going to run Ti or lighter SS end caps that I could go ahead and order?

If you’re putting these on either an ar or a bolt gun (assuming the 556/30 cal) do you need the spacer? Also would you run all Ti cups or the first one SS? Padom is the company running the Ti cups going to run Ti or lighter SS end caps that I could go ahead and order?

Yes you need the blast chamber (spacer). I have no idea about all Ti vs SS. End caps are a hang up right now do the poor thread machining of the QB tubes and spray/coating all over the threads. we are trying to work through that now. That was the plan but we will have to do further testing.

Yes you need the blast chamber (spacer). I have no idea about all Ti vs SS. End caps are a hang up right now do the poor thread machining of the QB tubes and spray/coating all over the threads. we are trying to work through that now. That was the plan but we will have to do further testing.
Thank you, I’ll order the blast chambers now.

Well there has only been 3 orders for 45 kits... 1 Ti and 2 SS. Cant tool up and run for 3 orders. Let alone buy a bar of Ti for 1 kit. Ssoo, if you want these you better get your order in asap or those 3 orders will be refunded and none will be made.

I‘m still in for the 556/30 cal ones. Those haven’t been posted for sale yet have they?

Reactions: bucklowery
I‘m still in for the 556/30 cal ones. Those haven’t been posted for sale yet have they?
-
I emailed them the other day and asked if they doing the lighter weight internals on the 223/308 Cal. ( https://brandywinesafety.com/contact-us/ ) . and was told ..
..." We have not brought up the D size internals on the website yet, but will be soon. They are in final testing now ".

I'd definitely be in for a .45 Ti kit if we could get a sound review on how it sounded on 9mm hosts compared to a 9mm kit. Also am interested in what the total weight would be when everything is drilled out. It would be awesome to run direct thread on my Berettas with the 2 extra baffles in place of the booster.

I'd definitely be in for a .45 Ti kit if we could get a sound review on how it sounded on 9mm hosts compared to a 9mm kit. Also am interested in what the total weight would be when everything is drilled out. It would be awesome to run direct thread on my Berettas with the 2 extra baffles in place of the booster.

Well I dont have a 9mm kit so that wouldnt be possible. But I have a Rugged Obsidian 45 that I run on all my pistol calibers from 9mm up to 45 and this QB 45 kit sounds identical to my Rugged Obsidian 45 in numerous tests using 9mm 124gr, 147gr and 165gr subs out of a Glock 19 9mm. If that helps you any.

Question for those that have already assembled their kit? .... Also, real stupid question regarding the K baffles. Which direction do they get placed in the sleeve? Small cone side toward the muzzle or large cone side towards the muzzle? I didn't see any assembly instructions come with my kit.

I had the same question and sent an email to quietbore; they responded nearly instantly.

"Dumb question.
I'll be drilling my 22 trap but didn't pay attention to the baffle direction inside. When I put it back together do the baffles go in with the flat side facing or away from the muzzle end?
Thanks"

Not a dumb question at all!
The flat side will go towards the firearm.
Thanks,
preston

Reactions: bigdaddydmd
I had the same question and sent an email to quietbore; they responded nearly instantly.

"Dumb question.
I'll be drilling my 22 trap but didn't pay attention to the baffle direction inside. When I put it back together do the baffles go in with the flat side facing or away from the muzzle end?
Thanks"

Not a dumb question at all!
The flat side will go towards the firearm.
Thanks,
preston

I had gone back and looked at the technical drawing on their website and it showed the small end of cone towards the weapon. Its how I assembled the system and I am very happy with how it works.
1582732672601.png

Reactions: Sgt47 and DellaDog
Well I dont have a 9mm kit so that wouldnt be possible. But I have a Rugged Obsidian 45 that I run on all my pistol calibers from 9mm up to 45 and this QB 45 kit sounds identical to my Rugged Obsidian 45 in numerous tests using 9mm 124gr, 147gr and 165gr subs out of a Glock 19 9mm. If that helps you any.
Much appreciated, think I'll do the .45 kit and drill it for .40 since I don't own any .45s but do own .40s. Silencerco has an awesome comparison of shooting their Osprey .45, .40 and 9mm cans with a 9. The .40 had the quietest rating, around 124db i believe it was.

Much appreciated, think I'll do the .45 kit and drill it for .40 since I don't own any .45s but do own .40s. Silencerco has an awesome comparison of shooting their Osprey .45, .40 and 9mm cans with a 9. The .40 had the quietest rating, around 124db i believe it was.

Rugged obsidian 45 shooting 9mm is 123.7...

Reactions: BerettaguyCC2
I ordered my kit on January 18th and received it Feb 16th. I was told 2 weeks. Then I was told 3 weeks when two weeks came. Then It finally shipped.

I opened the box, and the engraving is wrong.

I emailed them Thursday but didn't hear anything Friday. With the long weekend I'm assuming I wont hear anything until Tuesday at the soonest.

EDIT:
No response Wednesday. Now a week after , still haven't been able to correct the engraving. Are they on vacation?

It took them forever to reply back to my mess up. They never engraved my tube. They sent me a replacement engraved after they finally replied back.

Alright heres the link to order the SS, Ti or SS blast and 7 Ti 45 cups. You get a discount if you buy a complete set but you can buy individuals as well.

Initial run will be about 4 weeks till you have them. Get your orders in.

www.Brandywinesafety.com

Awesome! Thanks for this. Appreciate your hard work on getting this setup. Cups Ordered woot!

I'm curious where you guys who order without engraving are getting your tubes engraved. Trophy shop, jeweler, etc. or are you doing it yourself with an electric engraving pen?

I've always sent my form 1 stuff to Tar Heel State Firearms. Priority mail. Fast turnaround. Great people and great service.

Reactions: Sgt47
I've always sent my form 1 stuff to Tar Heel State Firearms. Priority mail. Fast turnaround. Great people and great service.
Ditto. Sent them three SBR lowers and a form 1 tube. Super fast turnaround time and REALLY GREAT work.

I finally got my 22lr can drilled and put together, today. I tried it on a Bergara BXR and a MK4/45. It worked fine and sounded about the same as my neighbor's Sparrow, maybe a little quieter.

Thanks! For the info on Tar Heel State Firearms. I had this one done as part of the order at Quietbore. I was considering doing something different on a 9mm can and that's why I was wondering about engraving.

Thanks everyone for keeping all this feedback and discussion going. I have been reading for a while and want to pull the trigger (pun intended) on a .22 kit. I missed the CUPID deal - hoping for another big sale coming up soon - winter is almost over and time to gear up to be outside on the range a bunch more.

Thanks everyone for keeping all this feedback and discussion going. I have been reading for a while and want to pull the trigger (pun intended) on a .22 kit. I missed the CUPID deal - hoping for another big sale coming up soon - winter is almost over and time to gear up to be outside on the range a bunch more.
Use code "snipershide" for 25% off. Puts the Ti .22 kit with drill jig and engraving at $285 shipped, or the Al kit at $211 shipped.

Wasn’t sure about doing a form 1 but after reading the idiot proof method and everyone’s good experiences with QB I think my tax return this year will be in part going towards doing one of these

I finally got all the approvals for my form 1 .22 LR quietbore suppressor completed and the holes are drilled. Thanks to a bunch of folks on this site for all the advice along the way. I hope to give it a try this weekend.

Ok guys, here's the latest. We need 1 more SS order to run the SS cups and we need 1 more Ti order to run the Ti cups.

If you are on the fence, and want to shoot 9mm, 40 or 45 on a Form 1 and want a quality kit with quality components this is your chance. Get your orders placed.

Ok guys, here's the latest. We need 1 more SS order to run the SS cups and we need 1 more Ti order to run the Ti cups.

If you are on the fence, and want to shoot 9mm, 40 or 45 on a Form 1 and want a quality kit with quality components this is your chance. Get your orders placed.
I'm trying to buy 10 SS cups and it is trying to charge me $300. It looks like the bulk pricing defaults to Ti, even when SS is selected.

I'm trying to buy 10 SS cups and it is trying to charge me $300. It looks like the bulk pricing defaults to Ti, even when SS is selected.

It's all fixed. To get the full kit discount click on the SS kit option which is for 8 cups, you'll then see an option to click on for 10 cups.

Got my trap yesterday! Ordered on the 17th, received it on the 28th. I'll probably get on the ball next week with the form 1 and patiently wait for the stamp.

Any update since Friday? I made an account after ordering a Ti set and then reading that I was the only one haha. Just want to keep an eye on the status to figure out whether I need to modify my QB order before it ships.

Any update since Friday? I made an account after ordering a Ti set and then reading that I was the only one haha. Just want to keep an eye on the status to figure out whether I need to modify my QB order before it ships.

Yep. Just was told minimum order qty for both SS and Ti have been met

Reactions: cavemannnn
Just pulled the trigger on another set of Ti k's for the .45. Don't plan on doing another build anytime soon, but would like to have them just in case this is a one time run.

Reactions: padom
Just pulled the trigger on another set of Ti k's for the .45. Don't plan on doing another build anytime soon, but would like to have them just in case this is a one time run.

mhmm maybe I should do the same.
I finally got my .22 kit drilled out. Broke 3 bits. I think I kept side loading it somehow and broke them. Finally used a press and a 6 dollar fastenal bit and was able to drill out the remaining 4. Now for testing.

dang- I'm just now learning about this form1 stuff. This looks like a more cost effective and timely option @dbrister

Google ECCO recore, guy recores new and old cans that manufactures went out of business. You could buy a sleeve and have him core it for you. Eform 1 the sleeve. It would be a good option for like the heavy ass .30 cal quietbore solvent trap.

Would there be any advantage in going with a titanium tube for the Ti .45 baffles if I just plan on using pistol calibers and maybe the occasional .300 Bk subsonic loads? I contacted Brandywine and they stated they have no plans of producing one for their K's. I found another Ti tube that is slightly more than QB aluminum, but it has an ID of 1.150 I would have to get bored out 0.095. Would it be worth it, or would the aluminum QB tube fit my needs for a long time?

Are there Ti K cups for the .45 QB kit? If so, where on the website?

Well, submitted my order for .22 solvent trap and my form 1 on the same day. It's a race to see which I'll receive first.

Heads up the coupon code at QB is only 10% off now. Was gonna snag a .22 ti can but glad I looked before I did a form 1 for it

Heads up the coupon code at QB is only 10% off now. Was gonna snag a .22 ti can but glad I looked before I did a form 1 for it

Wow. I ordered this afternoon and received 25% off. Must have been lucky and ordered right before they changed it.

Reactions: Clayzoo
Wow. I ordered this afternoon and received 25% off. Must have been lucky and ordered right before they changed it.
yeah you did, looked yesterday and added everything to the cart. Got off work and went to buy it today because payday but now Im gonna wait and check back in a few days to see if it works again

Anyone have trouble threading their Quietbore onto a Kidd barrel? I can attach it to my Tikka but not the Kidd but I have a Q Erector that I can thread onto either rifle. On the Kidd, it just barely starts to thread and then abruptly stops as if it wants to cross thread.

Anyone have trouble threading their Quietbore onto a Kidd barrel? I can attach it to my Tikka but not the Kidd but I have a Q Erector that I can thread onto either rifle. On the Kidd, it just barely starts to thread and then abruptly stops as if it wants to cross thread.

I noticed this yesterday. I've used my QB on my Sig 1911-22 and my Ruger 22/45 with no issues, but the threads on my Kidd were definitely tighter. It went on, but I added a tiny drop of oil to the threads and had no issues.

Stevieb92, Thanks for the info. I had my buds brand new Kidd at my house and I just wanted to see if it would fit, I didn't pursue it when it got tight as it wasn't my gun.

So you scanned in your fingerprint cards and printed them out and sent them in? Thats interesting

yes, our sheriffs office charges 5 bucks a card. Took them to work scanned them it, had to mess with it to make them a bit darker and getting the old card lines deleted off. Saved it as a template. It took me3 tries to get it aligned correctly and bam!

Finally had a chance to run 200 rounds through the qb .22 and honestly I can’t tell a difference between it and my warlock. Now I just need to drill the .45 out.

Attachments

• 81695898-D652-4E41-8ED6-8CAA6DD1B9FE.jpeg
    81695898-D652-4E41-8ED6-8CAA6DD1B9FE.jpeg
    88.7 KB · Views: 102