• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors QuietBore 22LR Titanium Suppressor Build Review -***Approved Form 1 Required***

I did the standard QB .22 and it’s great. I can’t tell the difference between it and my buddy’s $400 form 4 suppressor. Love that this is available.

my form 1 took 4 weeks and 4 days FYI

Reactions: bucklowery
yes, our sheriffs office charges 5 bucks a card. Took them to work scanned them it, had to mess with it to make them a bit darker and getting the old card lines deleted off. Saved it as a template. It took me3 tries to get it aligned correctly and bam!

Very nice. I sent in rolled prints but scanned them prior to mailing them. If they get approved with this form 1 I plan on printing the scanned set from now on and sending them in that way.

And for anyone wondering on timeframe for quietbore, I just received a shipping notification on a .22 order - took a week, so not bad.

Very nice. I sent in rolled prints but scanned them prior to mailing them. If they get approved with this form 1 I plan on printing the scanned set from now on and sending them in that way.

And for anyone wondering on timeframe for quietbore, I just received a shipping notification on a .22 order - took a week, so not bad.
So what kind of paper are you printing these on??? I thought they had to be sent in on the specific print cards. School me as this would be a game changer for Form 1 trusts with multiple responsible parties to print for.

The original cards I ordered from the ATF, the fingerprint cards, for free.

as far as printing them, I would imagine just some good 100lb or 14pt cardstsock.

or they may be talking about an upload feature? That would be legit if you could just upload a copy of your fingerprint cards onto the Eforms page

my gov work computer won't let me get to QB.com but i'm highly interested in a Ti .45 can. are the orders still possible to make or did I miss the last run of them?

So what kind of paper are you printing these on??? I thought they had to be sent in on the specific print cards. School me as this would be a game changer for Form 1 trusts with multiple responsible parties to print for.

I haven't tried it yet, but I believe @phatdoughnut has, but I may try and print the scanned prints onto the cards the ATF sends out for my next form 1 if my latest rolled prints get approved. Formatting may be a little tricky. Technically, I believe you are supposed to use "approved" equipment if printing.

I am printing them straight to the cards that I get from the ATF, I just tape or rig up the card to a piece of printing paper to help feed it through. Wasn't having any luck with just the card it self, it was printing wrong etc cause is not 8x11. Just had to mess with the contrast to darken them up a bit. Wam bam. Thank you atf.

Got my Quiet Bore .22 in today, and I must say I'm impressed with the look and feel.

Only issue I have is there isn't any chamfer or under cut on the direct thread mount and the 1/2x28 threaded adapter on my SW Compact has no relief cut at the shoulder. The suppressor doesn't thread all the way to the shoulder. It only threads up to the space between the last thread and the shoulder.

So, I guess I can either stack like 4 shims (not really wanting to stack that many) or maybe pick up a jam nut with a chamfer cut? Maybe a thick washer?

3tiQMhb.jpg

Got my Quiet Bore .22 in today, and I must say I'm impressed with the look and feel.

Only issue I have is there isn't any chamfer or under cut on the direct thread mount and the 1/2x28 threaded adapter on my SW Compact has no relief cut at the shoulder. The suppressor doesn't thread all the way to the shoulder. It only threads up to the space between the last thread and the shoulder.

So, I guess I can either stack like 4 shims (not really wanting to stack that many) or maybe pick up a jam nut with a chamfer cut? Maybe a thick washer?

3tiQMhb.jpg

Hello friend, you need something like this below, its a common issue with 10/22's and some other guns.

Reactions: Flying Dutchman
Ordered a 45cal on a Saturday night, received it the following Wednesday. Submitted the Form 1 on 18 Feb, They received prints on 22 Feb, approved 17 March. Probably just in time before they start to shut down for the apocalypse and all Form X approvals get 6 mos added to the wait.

did you get yours engraved? or Just order it plain jane.

I am new at the form 1 process and hope to get it uploaded by the weekend. I have a TI 22 trap ordered from QB and should be here soon. Once I get the stamp approval hope to start drilling. My question is , has anyone had any luck drilling the Ti baffles without the jig? There appears to be some issue even some were using the jig. I had placed the order before reading this thread or I would have ordered the jig and bit. I am fair at diy and have most tool at hand, drill press and a press vice. Thanks for any help in advance.

I am new at the form 1 process and hope to get it uploaded by the weekend. I have a TI 22 trap ordered from QB and should be here soon. Once I get the stamp approval hope to start drilling. My question is , has anyone had any luck drilling the Ti baffles without the jig? There appears to be some issue even some were using the jig. I had placed the order before reading this thread or I would have ordered the jig and bit. I am fair at diy and have most tool at hand, drill press and a press vice. Thanks for any help in advance.
The Ti cups are not easy to drill out. I would recommend the jig. Buy a spare cobalt bit. Do not get it hot. Use oil. Remove chips from the bit. Take your time. Set up so you are comfortable. Take breaks. The goal is to have perfectly aligned holes. The way the cups are cut, it will be difficult without a jig.

So when is TBAC going to offer a DIY solvent trap kit ;) Seriously, if Form 1's are only taking a month or so to approve, that is much better than the wait time for a standard suppressor. These have my interest. As always padom, you provide great content to the Hide!

Reactions: Juggerxxx
Hello friend, you need something like this below, its a common issue with 10/22's and some other guns.

Ordered!

Thank you sir.

My question is , has anyone had any luck drilling the Ti baffles without the jig? There appears to be some issue even some were using the jig. I had placed the order before reading this thread or I would have ordered the jig and bit. I am fair at diy and have most tool at hand, drill press and a press vice. Thanks for any help in advance.
Definitely use the drill press since you have it. But you do need the fixture. The only way I would try it without is drilling on a lathe. That's what I did.

I just drilled my 45 cal can out. I ordered 4 xtra steel baffles to weight it down a little. I ended up drilling all the aluminum baffles out and two of the steel. It weighs 9.6 oz in that configuration. I'd really like it to weigh 12 or 14 oz. Drilling it out using the jig and a hand drill really wasn't a big deal. A little machine oil helped immensely. Going to compare it's sound on my Vudoo .22LR as compared to an AAC Element 2 and a TBAC Ultra 7. Later this week, I'd like to shoot it on my 300BO.
Definitely use the drill press since you have it. But you do need the fixture. The only way I would try it without is drilling on a lathe. That's what I did.

Thanks Guys , You talked me into it. ordered this morning. Sure hope I can get the paperwork in. Sheriff office is close for finger prints because of virus ,don't know when they will be open for print work was their reply. Guess I waited just a little long.

Thanks Guys , You talked me into it. ordered this morning. Sure hope I can get the paperwork in. Sheriff office is close for finger prints because of virus ,don't know when they will be open for print work was their reply. Guess I waited just a little long.

Order ink and a holder from amazon and cards from the ATF, Send it. You should see some of the crappy prints that get sent in and approved. Its almost like they don't even care.

Well I got out this morning to test the 45 Cal quietbore on my Vudoo. This is the primary reason I ordered a quiet war can. My 22 cal AAC Element 2 throws the accuracy off just a little bit on this rifle. Comparing bare muzzle, AAC, and then the Quiet bore. I can hear a difference between the AAC can and the Quiet Bore. The 45 kalkanis just a bit louder. But both are a definite improvement over bare muzzle. In terms of accuracy it's a little undecided. I think I can just tell the difference in the bare muzzle shooting more accurately than the 45 Cal can. I was using some SK standard plus and they will definitely throw some flyers so it's hard to pin down if it's because of the can or just the ammo. Had some really low shots dropout the bottom at 100. at 50 yards the accuracy with the Quietbore was a noticeable improvement over the Element 2. Tomorrow I'm going to try to get out with some good Center X and hopefully isolate any of those flyers.

Nice, I've used my hunters town 556 to shoot .22 through and its surprisingly quiet. did you order the Titanium baffles? With my QB .22 It seems that my accuracy is better then my warlock, or Maybe im just dreaming. I've been shooting one handed NRa matches from like 20 yrds.

Nice, I've used my hunters town 556 to shoot .22 through and its surprisingly quiet. did you order the Titanium baffles? With my QB .22 It seems that my accuracy is better then my warlock, or Maybe im just dreaming. I've been shooting one handed NRa matches from like 20 yrds.

Yes, got Ti hoping they will be easier to clean than the aluminum. Also is there a learning curve with the print kit

I looked on amazon and they have many finger print pads to offer, Is there one that other here have used and had good luck with, like I said this is new to me need some help.

card holder. Not necessary in my opinion, but it can be helpful.

The pad i used. Worked very well. Store it upside down (pad side down with lid on) so the surface stays inked. roll your fingerprints. practice on some 3x5 cards or printer paper first to see how heavy you need the ink.

*edit. When you order the cards from ATF order a bunch of extra. After you see how easy it is to efile a form SBRs and more form 1 cans follow very quickly. Just get the extra cards now, plus extras are handy in case you dork up your fingerprints. You need two cards to send in and when I ordered from the ATF I thought they meant sets when I ordered. I asked for 3 thinking I would get 3 sets. Nope, got three cards.

card holder. Not necessary in my opinion, but it can be helpful.

The pad i used. Worked very well. Store it upside down (pad side down with lid on) so the surface stays inked. roll your fingerprints. practice on some 3x5 cards or printer paper first to see how heavy you need the ink.

*edit. When you order the cards from ATF order a bunch of extra. After you see how easy it is to efile a form SBRs and more form 1 cans follow very quickly. Just get the extra cards now, plus extras are handy in case you dork up your fingerprints. You need two cards to send in and when I ordered from the ATF I thought they meant sets when I ordered. I asked for 3 thinking I would get 3 sets. Nope, got three cards.

this I think I ordered like 20-25 of them.

To balance the rifle. The Vudoo has a much smaller barrel than CF competition rifle. Even with a front weight kit and a 20" Kukri it's rear heavy.
Gotcha, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something by pursuing lighter suppressors.

Form 1 approval received yesterday for my Ti .22 kit. Didn't have a lot of time to try on different hosts, so just ran some through it with my GSG .22LR 1911. I indexed the scopes all in one direction at first, but found it shifted my POI almost 2" at 10 yards. Disassembled and indexed them 180° from each other and was punching out the bullseye with cheap bulk ammo. Very pleased with suppression and accuracy. Hoping it holds pattern with my other guns as well.

Form 1 approval received yesterday for my Ti .22 kit. Didn't have a lot of time to try on different hosts, so just ran some through it with my GSG .22LR 1911. I indexed the scopes all in one direction at first, but found it shifted my POI almost 2" at 10 yards. Disassembled and indexed them 180° from each other and was punching out the bullseye with cheap bulk ammo. Very pleased with suppression and accuracy. Hoping it holds pattern with my other guns as well.
I alsways stacked the baffles 180 from the next. Why, I don't know. I think I saw on a commercial can website that maker did it.

Reactions: BerettaguyCC2

Looks like UPS may have lose my jig. Was to receive today per the tracking #,but it has been in transit from Friday morning at the same location. Chat line is of no help and to late to try and call for an update. May have the paper work back before the jig. Any thoughts?

Looks like UPS may have lose my jig. Was to receive today per the tracking #,but it has been in transit from Friday morning at the same location. Chat line is of no help and to late to try and call for an update. May have the paper work back before the jig. Any thoughts?
I selected UPS for shipping as well. They still shipped it USPS. It showed pre shipment the whole time even the day it was delivered by USPS. The day after I received it, the USPS app told me it was just delivered. Maybe yours is somewhat the same and it will show up tomorrow. You can do the prints yourself if you order them from the ATF

Got mine drilled out today.

I noticed that the holes are not perfectly center. It appears they all cheat left of center when the spoon is at 6 o'clock.

This is probably the worst one:
w2upoVv.jpg

Not sure wth I did wrong.

I selected UPS for shipping as well. They still shipped it USPS. It showed pre shipment the whole time even the day it was delivered by USPS. The day after I received it, the USPS app told me it was just delivered. Maybe yours is somewhat the same and it will show up tomorrow. You can do the prints yourself if you order them from the ATF

I got a UPS tracking # and show it in Hodgkins Il. I say thats about 600 mi. from Tn.

I'll be drilling mine this weekend. Sounds like the basic technique with a hand drill is to peck until it bites and then use low speed with good pressure and don't let it heat up?

I'll be drilling mine this weekend. Sounds like the basic technique with a hand drill is to peck until it bites and then use low speed with good pressure and don't let it heat up?

Be careful using a hand drill. Drilled mine out Monday per QB instructions with their jig and about half of them looked like this:
tC1jHme.jpg

Not sure what happened.

This guy over at Reddit had an issue too. 4th paragraph.

Eform 1 put in Mar 6 and got approval email today so 19 days and ordered the 5.56 can for qb on mar 5 engraved and got shipping info Monday for it so should be in this week

Reactions: Juggerxxx
Has anyone heard about the Brandywine TI .45 baffles shipping? I thought they said mid-March but understand if that got delayed. Haven’t gotten a shipping email yet..

Has anyone heard about the Brandywine TI .45 baffles shipping? I thought they said mid-March but understand if that got delayed. Haven’t gotten a shipping email yet..
I went ahead and emailed Brandywine after that post. Looks like SS will be shipping end of next week and they said “Ti parts are about 2-3 weeks out,” but I’m not sure if that means the materials are 2-3 weeks out or if the products will be sent in 2-3 weeks. Either way, I’m still waiting on my ATF permission slip to come back.

Well received my 30 cal can it is heavy but not unbearable for the size
But missing the 5/8 x 24 entrance cap
Tried calling but got no answer and the last two emails I sent were never responded to either....

I went ahead and emailed Brandywine after that post. Looks like SS will be shipping end of next week and they said “Ti parts are about 2-3 weeks out,” but I’m not sure if that means the materials are 2-3 weeks out or if the products will be sent in 2-3 weeks. Either way, I’m still waiting on my ATF permission slip to come back.
Sounds like o should get my Ti K's around same time ATF gives me my slip. Now if QB would drop another 25% off code before then, that would be great! Now only thing left to decide is to bore fore 9mm or .45

Sounds like o should get my Ti K's around same time ATF gives me my slip. Now if QB would drop another 25% off code before then, that would be great! Now only thing left to decide is to bore fore 9mm or .45

Same boat here - waiting for another 25% off code and placing an order. I've been looking around and it seems like their product is definitely worth trying out.

Reactions: BuckeyeCZ77
Got mine drilled out today.

I noticed that the holes are not perfectly center. It appears they all cheat left of center when the spoon is at 6 o'clock.

This is probably the worst one:
w2upoVv.jpg

Not sure wth I did wrong.
Did you use the jig? I think someone had a similar issue and their cups were not properly seated in the jig.

Did you use the jig? I think someone had a similar issue and their cups were not properly seated in the jig.

Yes, I used the jig with a hand drill. Not sure what happened, but pretty sure I had the baffles seated correctly. Drilled into the face of the baffle like their video said.

I ended up having to use a round file and filing down sections of the baffle holes that cheated into an alignment rod.

Shot it Sunday with a MP .22 Compact, and other than a loud FRP, it sounded pretty decent considering that I now have probably close to a .30" butchered bore. Lol

Yes, I used the jig with a hand drill. Not sure what happened, but pretty sure I had the baffles seated correctly. Drilled into the face of the baffle like their video said.

I ended up having to use a round file and filing down sections of the baffle holes that cheated into an alignment rod.

Shot it Sunday with a MP .22 Compact, and other than a loud FRP, it sounded pretty decent considering that I now have probably close to a .30" butchered bore. Lol

I bet they weren't seated in there properly. I think up a acouple of posts someone said to rotate the cups 180* from each other. You should try that.

I bet they weren't seated in there properly. I think up a acouple of posts someone said to rotate the cups 180* from each other. You should try that.

Possible, I guess, but I doubt it. Pretty sure I had the baffles seated evenly against the jig shoulder.

The guy in the Reddit article I posted had an issue with the baffle lining up with the jig hole, not it seating in the jig.

This probably sounds like a flippant question, but I'm in my late seventies so have to think of this kind of thing: is there any resale value to a make-it-yourself suppressor? Or even a commercial one? It's in your name, with a tax stamp in your name, and if you or your estate have to dispose of it some day, how do is this done? Seems like a rather complex issue.

Reactions: required_user_name