• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rail, swivels, or QD

Bouldar

Private
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2022
Georgia
What do you have on your stock fore end and why did you choose it?
2 sling swivels, rail with swivel or QD attachment?

What do you have on your stock fore end and why did you choose it?
2 sling swivels, rail with swivel or QD attachment?
I have moved to HK style hooks, because QD are more prone to be accidentally released- in my experience.

Do you care about noise? Does it need to quickly come off? I've got some of everything. I've got double wrapped 550 cord on one AR. QD and HK hooks are nice if your swapping uppers and such.

Most of mine is QD in swing swivel cups. With or with out anti rotation and I think I like the anti rotation cups better.

Reactions: AMGtuned
Webbing threaded directly to stock; BFG UWL up front. Loving it so far.

Ok, I feel like I wasn’t clear in my question. Not an AR. Where the red circle is.

Attachments

• E3CA6FE4-57A2-4753-AF65-817F64ECCD58.jpeg
    E3CA6FE4-57A2-4753-AF65-817F64ECCD58.jpeg
    120.6 KB · Views: 23
My A5 adjustable has QD sockets on the left side of forend and stock. I run a RiflesOnly sling with it.

I use that forward stud for a bipod.

Reactions: camocorvette
Ok, I feel like I wasn’t clear in my question. Not an AR. Where the red circle is.
Given the 2 studs, the stock is set up for a swivel on the sling and a Harris type bipod with a swivel attachment. I’ve really soured on QD flush cups and am getting rid of them on my rifles. My hunting rifles have single sling swivels studs, because that is how the stocks came. My match bolt rifle has a para hook attachment point on the side, and an arca rail on the bottom. Because the arca rail interfaces with my bipod and tripod, and I prefer the hook to flush cups.

Reactions: camocorvette
On your picture above. I would just rock my harris up front and a Uncle Mike's Quick detachable Sling Swivels 1& 1/4" on the back slingswivel.

20220502_195909.jpg

This was Sling Swivels at one time. Then changed it. Do what works for you