• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

random nfa question with no home

ugadeer

Private
Minuteman
Jan 30, 2009
Athens, GA
i couldn't figure out where to put this on the boards so its falling in the pit.....

i understand the SBR rules where AR's are concerned but i thought of a twist this evening that i'm unsure of

if a person owns a t/c encore muzzleloader and also has 12-15" pistol barrels for this frame is he in "constructive possession" of an SBR rifle as all of the pistol barrels are in rifle calibers and that person would obviously have a rifle stock for his muzzleloader/rifle barrels.......if, in fact the encores fall under this law there would be a tremendous amount of hunters in some unknown deep S.....

Re: random nfa question with no home

Does the hunter also own an Encore pistol? If he/she owns the pistol then I wouldn't think the pistol barrels would be an issue. If the only Encore owned is the muzzle loader <span style="text-decoration: underline">rifle</span> then an investment in a pistol frame would probably be a good idea.

if you put a non muzzle loading barrel on (pistol rifle)you will be in violation

yes the hunter owns multiple pistol barrels and its irrelevant whether its a muzzleloader barrel or rifle barrels as the reciever is on a 4473 b/c its capable of shooting centerfire cartridges........as operator stated you can't put a pistol barrel on it with the buttstock but in the same respect you can't even OWN an SBR upper if you own any other AR (other than a pistol) b/c of "constructive possession" which just means you "could" put them together if you wanted.....still confused, there is no gunshop or online retailer that states when selling encore pistol barrels that "all NFA rules apply" or "you must own a separate pistol reciever" as encore recievers are universal to all of the barrel offerings

This issue went all the way to SCOTUS.

Decision HERE

wow.....thanks Brain, your username is spot on for this one......guess i can close the thread and keep all my pistol barrels for my encore without hassel....this is why i post questions where people are smarter than me

thanks again, matt