• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Razor HD Gen II 4.5-27x56

I was supposed to receive last week, got delayed as well. I'm thinking it's an honest delay.

Whenever delays pop up for anything I custom order or pre-order I start coming up with doubts and conspiracy theories. No need for that here. Thanks Dave

Last edited:
Last Friday I was informed one of mine was due to ship in ten days, so I think you are solid.

Preordered mine 6 months ago. Once vortex established a summer delivery, i figured it would be at least August. I'm still waiting as well.

Last edited:
I have three on order. The first two I ordered the first weekend in December. All are with the EBR-1c, and those have been few and far between so far.

Anybody order through liberty optics and receive it yet.
Trying to be patient. .............. Trying to be patient. .........Trying to be patient !!

Trying to be patient. .............. Trying to be patient. .........Trying to be patient !!

I called yesterday to get an eta on these and haven't heard anything back. I know they got some 3-18's in the previous week.

What reticle are you waiting on and when did you order? I'm on his list since like the 3rd of December, and I'm waiting on two of them.

You might be waiting awhile. I'll have a 2c showing up to me on monday or Tuesday unfortunately it's not the one I want

Are you receiving the scope from him or is it being drop shipped from Vortex? The reason I'm asking I'm getting mine drop shipped from Vortex and have confirmed they will send me tracking as soon as it goes out.

Are you receiving the scope from him or is it being drop shipped from Vortex? The reason I'm asking I'm getting mine drop shipped from Vortex and have confirmed they will send me tracking as soon as it goes out.

I pre-ordered from the Liberty Optics website. Don't know if they are drop - shipped or not.
Ebr-2c moa for me.

I pre-ordered from the Liberty Optics website. Don't know if they are drop - shipped or not.
Ebr-2c moa for me.

I would contact Scott from Liberty Optics to secure your place, if you haven't already. These scopes are shipped out in bundles. I believe the next bundle to arrive which I have secured one with is the second one to go out besides the several that went out to VIP's first. I would call and secure your position. I arranged to have mine drop shipped to save a week or two which some Vendors are willing to do but others won't. Just my opinion.

I would contact Scott from Liberty Optics to secure your place, if you haven't already. These scopes are shipped out in bundles. I believe the next bundle to arrive which I have secured one with is the second one to go out besides the several that went out to VIP's first. I would call and secure your position. I arranged to have mine drop shipped to save a week or two which some Vendors are willing to do but others won't. Just my opinion.

Thanks. Just sent Scott an email.

Hopefully there will not be any QC issues.

Why is there already speculation and assumption there are quality control issues because the scopes are selling as fast as they hit the shelves? Preorders being filled. Depends on your vendor when they get theirs. If you just ordered in June then yes you will have to wait behind the people who ordered in Dec and Jan. There are no QC issues so lets end that internet rumor that right now.

Seriously I have been watching the genII closely. Back in December I was all ready to by an S&B than I saw what was on the horizon. I am currently using NF and I'll stick with that until I have seen more conversation from people that have used them first Hand. I want a great scope but I'm not a professional so if the gen II will give me that and leave $$$ in my pocket I'll go with that.

Boy that looks awesome! I can't wait. I see the scope, sunshade, and whats wrapped on the top left?

I really don't know my buddy just sent me the picture he has quite a few on order and this is the first one he has received from Vortex.

I would expect for guys to start getting call soon for those of you who have them on Pre-Order

Mark at OTM has spots available if you are interested I would give him a call. I wont be much longer, On the Mark-Everything for the Marksman!

My buddy just received a batch of the 3-18's he ordered at SHOT. Hopefully the 4-27's won't be too far behind.

I was told end of August by Eurooptic earlier in the week for the MOA version, and that wasn't a hard date. I'm 4th on that backorder list and cannot wait to mount it to my new DTA 6.5c!

856C517A-D09E-4CDD-AFBA-0D08AAA2C1F9-845-0000012E288AC202_zpsc6b7bafb.jpg

Another teaser pic

Vortex has sure become a solid competitor in the highest end everything. Amazing what a company can do when they listen to their customers, back up their product like very few do, and bring innovation to the market place.

Vortex has sure become a solid competitor in the highest end everything. Amazing what a company can do when they listen to their customers, back up their product like very few do, and bring innovation to the market place.

Hopefully they won't be bought put by some shitty group like ATK or Freedom Group.

iXZbtSRNpM4g5.jpg

ibcChFSGkc4xmi.jpg

i4qPM5oWUlsfC.jpg

Color correction made this one look gold:
icPRuwQTM5sOo.jpg

iAaiDl3O6kTHr.jpg

ib1IDxiTEDcgw7.jpg

iFd1It11RW7U5.jpg

ikZ1GiWSVn34d.jpg

Loading now, then gonna head out to the range. So far just messing around with it, it's amazing

I have had mine since the beginning of July. I am very happy with it. I've shot it in a few matches already and can not be happier with the glass quality and the overall function of the scope. Hoping to add a second very soon.

Hey Mobius, what size seekins rings are those? Rifle looks awesome!!!!

Those are the same rings I was running my Bushnell HDMR in. I believe that they are the Seekings 34mm rings that are 0.92 high. I got them from the guys over at Short Action Precision. They also sell that two round holders that I run on the side.

Short Action Precision

mark at OTM is one of the nicest dudes you will ever meet! he can flat run a rifle as well

Of the last two scopes pictured, what color is it closer to?

I put my order in at CameraLand/SportOptics on Thursday 6/27/14. It was delivered on 7/3/14.

Mine is brown, Hershey Chocolate Bar Brown.

Those two don't look nearly as dark and more like the ones pictured online on web pages and catalogs. More like I expected to see.

I'm not complaining, I have one in my possession. Just curious as to what color you would call those two?

Attachments

• DSC04336.JPG
    DSC04336.JPG
    596.3 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Of the last two scopes pictured, what color is it closer to?

I put my order in at CameraLand/SportOptics on Thursday 6/27/14. It was delivered on 7/3/14.

Mine is brown, Hershey Chocolate Bar Brown.

Those two don't look nearly as dark and more like the ones pictured online on web pages and catalogs. More like I expected to see.

I'm not complaining, I have one in my possession. Just curious as to what color you would call those two?

Not being a smartass or anything, just trying to spread some knowledge.

It is virtually impossible for you to find out the correct color of what he has through his pictures. In order for you to be able to see "correct color"... not only would you have to know the color profile in which his camera shot into... but also the exact color balance settings... on top of that, you'd have to use a color calibrated monitor in that color profile.

Color management is a pain in the butt... especially with images posted on the web by normal everyday folks.

Not being a smartass or anything, just trying to spread some knowledge.

It is virtually impossible for you to find out the correct color of what he has through his pictures. In order for you to be able to see "correct color"... not only would you have to know the color profile in which his camera shot into... but also the exact color balance settings... on top of that, you'd have to use a color calibrated monitor in that color profile.

Color management is a pain in the butt... especially with images posted on the web by normal everyday folks.

I totally understand the concept and principle.

I placed a chocolate hersey bar next to my scope, a perfect match.

I would think big name companies paying thousands and thousands of dollars for web design, hosting and development, would spend more time getting their advertising right, as well as making sure the colors represented in those advertisements were correct.

Here are a couple of examples. I thought the scope was going to be in the family of a "champagne" (Think luxury auto colors)

One web page lists it as matte black. The other images are from Vortex's own web page.

Back to my original question, which asks the people posting the pictures.....(Trying to be crystal clear this time)

What color is it to them, in person?

scopecolor.jpgscopecolor2.jpgscopecolor3.jpgscreen pic.jpg

The bottom line its a great scope, but the people have spoken and I would guess that 97% thinks the color sucks and Vortex is stupid for not changing it. I for one will buy the scope and then pay to have it cerokoted the color I want it. I understand they want to be different, but just make the fuckin thing black would ya.

I totally understand the concept and principle.

I placed a chocolate hersey bar next to my scope, a perfect match.

I would think big name companies paying thousands and thousands of dollars for web design, hosting and development, would spend more time getting their advertising right, as well as making sure the colors represented in those advertisements were correct.

Here are a couple of examples. I thought the scope was going to be in the family of a "champagne" (Think luxury auto colors)

One web page lists it as matte black. The other images are from Vortex's own web page.

Back to my original question, which asks the people posting the pictures.....(Trying to be crystal clear this time)

What color is it to them, in person?

View attachment 45919View attachment 45920View attachment 45921View attachment 45922

When I called Vortex and spoke to a rep asking him what color "Patriot Brown" or ? he said wait till yours shows up because each batch will vary slightly. I saw this happen with the Bushnell XRS when it first came out it didn't have the "XRS" emblem and though it was black they just wanted to see how people were going to receive it. I guess the same will go here with Vortex eventually making them Black with everyone asking for it

The bottom line its a great scope, but the people have spoken and I would guess that 97% thinks the color sucks and Vortex is stupid for not changing it. I for one will buy the scope and then pay to have it cerokoted the color I want it. I understand they want to be different, but just make the fuckin thing black would ya.
I agree, and they're hurting overall sales whether they understand that or not, imagine if S&B sold only Pantone...